Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has better nightlife and entertainment?
Boston 19 22.09%
Philly 38 44.19%
DC 29 33.72%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 04:47 PM

32,095 posts, read 34,702,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I'm guessing based off our conversations that you go to the same types of places every weekend.
Why would you assume that? Some men are capable of banging hookers on Saturday night and then going to church with the wife and kids on Sunday morning. Why would it be any different from a guy who can pop bottles on Friday night and see McCoy Tyner in concert on Saturday night?

Quote:
I hope you don't come off as one of those idiotic desperate guys at the club.
Are guys who pop bottles in clubs and surround themselves with bad chicks desperate? Or happy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,915,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Why would you assume that? Some men are capable of banging hookers on Saturday night and then going to church with the wife and kids on Sunday morning. Why would it be any different from a guy who can pop bottles on Friday night and see McCoy Tyner in concert on Saturday night?
It's not and hey if that's you then good, but that's not the image that comes off.

Quote:
Are guys who pop bottles in clubs and surround themselves with bad chicks desperate? Or happy?
Depends on the guy. Some can be one or the other and some are both. Perhaps "desperate" wasn't the right word. Perhaps I meant "trying too hard."

Old 05-22-2013, 04:55 PM

126 posts, read 133,369 times
good looking women is an important factor, but presence of such does not indicate whether nightlife is good or bad, i couldnt stand places becuz i did not like the music and the vibe and left even tho women were hot
music and vibe is whats important

Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
It's not and hey if that's you then good, but that's not the image that comes off.
I'm a pensive sociopath.

Quote:
Depends on the guy. Some can be one or the other and some are both. Perhaps "desperate" wasn't the right word. Perhaps I meant "trying too hard."
Or perhaps you meant "winning."

I just don't get guys who are like, "Look at those sad pathetic guys in the club with those shallow bimbos on their arms." If you didn't care, then you wouldn't remark on it at all. Nobody says, "Look at that lanky, poorly dressed guy with that chubby Plain Jane on his arm. Pathetic!" And that's probably because no one notices Plain Janes or cares to remark on them. So I believe there's a bit of jealousy in your tone towards "shallow" "sleezebags" and "douchebags" that go after "anything that looks good with two legs."

Old 05-22-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Or perhaps you meant "winning."

I just don't get guys who are like, "Look at those sad pathetic guys in the club with those shallow bimbos on their arms." If you didn't care, then you wouldn't remark on it at all. Nobody says, "Look at that lanky, poorly dressed guy with that chubby Plain Jane on his arm. Pathetic!" And that's probably because no one notices Plain Janes or cares to remark on them. So I believe there's a bit of jealousy in your tone towards "shallow" "sleezebags" and "douchebags" that go after "anything that looks good with two legs."
Yeah, see I'm not talking about that. I was never talking about the guys who have women and I never say "omg what a bunch of ****ing losers."

I'm talking about guys who look like they can score, but they can't because they try too ****ing hard and they think they're players. I'm saying that women can smell it from a mile away. I'm not talking about the guys with the actual women around them. Although let's be real, there's a good amount of women over some guys for their money. If that makes the dudes feel good then whatever, but without that money, they'd be ****.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, see I'm not talking about that. I was never talking about the guys who have women and I never say "omg what a bunch of ****ing losers."

I'm talking about guys who look like they can score, but they can't because they try too ****ing hard and they think they're players. I'm saying that women can smell it from a mile away. I'm not talking about the guys with the actual women around them. Although let's be real, there's a good amount of women over some guys for their money. If that makes the dudes feel good then whatever, but without that money, they'd be ****.
Well, it seems like you've got it all together. You're ready to go teach seminars now.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Well, it seems like you've got it all together. You're ready to go teach seminars now.
Yeah, I already wrote a book on how to do magic tricks in bars to impress women without doing ****. Doing the talking circuit soon.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:36 PM

690 posts, read 963,737 times
philly prolly has more options, but dc has better clubs tho, dont it?

Old 12-11-2013, 08:09 PM

646 posts, read 926,382 times
boston weak

Old 12-11-2013, 08:22 PM

1,637 posts, read 2,629,833 times
Would you rather be at a club with 1000x 500 pound women or 1000 dimes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City