Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2015, 12:58 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeOrange View Post
I don't see agree with all the gripes about Wilshire Grand. I mean, officially, it WILL be the tallest because of that "pole". No getting around that so let's move on. Design wise, it's a much better looking and more interestig building than Salesforce anyway.
I agree on the design, although I think the Wilshire Grand is a little too fat, but still the design is better than Salesforce.

That said, Salesforce will actually look taller and look taller in side by side comparison pics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 01:11 PM

1,780 posts, read 1,761,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I agree on the design, although I think the Wilshire Grand is a little too fat, but still the design is better than Salesforce.

That said, Salesforce will actually look taller and look taller in side by side comparison pics.
True, Salesforce will be much more monumental and grand. Wilshire won't even appear to be the tallest even next to it's neighbor, the U.S. Bank tower.

Old 10-04-2015, 01:18 PM

1,449 posts, read 2,188,334 times
Quote:
LOL

From my Flickr.
I don't see what's funny? Like it or not, Salesforce is 51 ft shorter than Comcast Innovation & Technology and 30 ft shorter than Wilshire. Also, just for a quick laugh, because everyone knows that you are so infatuated with money and status and you like to spin any subject matter (no matter what the original subject pertained) towards it, especially considering quotes from you like this,
Quote:
Awww. Salesforce Tower will just have to settle for being the most valuable highrise on the West Coast. Greetings from $F.
well Comcast Innovation and technology center (1.2 billion) is also more valuable than Salesforce (1.1 billion)

Last edited by nephi215; 10-04-2015 at 01:27 PM..

Old 10-04-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
I don't see what's funny? Like it or not, Salesforce is 51 ft shorter than Comcast Innovation & Technology and 30 ft shorter than Wilshire. Also, just for a quick laugh, because everyone knows that you are so infatuated with money and status and you like to spin any subject matter (no matter what the original subject pertained) towards it, especially considering quotes from you like this,

well Comcast Innovation and technology center (1.2 billion) is also more valuable than Salesforce (1 billion)
hahaha someone's being a bit sensitive, oh and that might be what Comcast is wasting to build that monstrosity, but it's not going to more valuable than Salesforce Tower. Dream on.

I mean really, no need to be mad just because your building is taller due to a spire. Im not mad, why are you? LOL

Old 10-04-2015, 01:38 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
I mean really, no need to be mad just because your building is taller due to a spire. Im not mad, why are you? LOL
18Monty baits people, and then tries to pull the carpet from under their feet. In my opinion, CITC will look taller. It will have a sweet lantern from the bottom to the top, and is the middle of a group of buildings that are already way taller than anything in SF. Who cares its only 59 floors, we already have too many buildings with shorter ceiling heights.

This is going to be a sick place to work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5anjHBgl5X8

Old 10-04-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
18Monty baits people, and then tries to pull the carpet from under their feet.
Touchy touchy. It's not my fault that they will actually look like this:

Old 10-04-2015, 02:01 PM

7,736 posts, read 5,518,049 times
Quote:
Touchy touchy. It's not my fault that they will actually look like this:
That's nice, you must not have read anymore of my comment so let me reiterate.. As you can see, that lantern that is connected to the elevator shaft is going to be going from the bottom to the top. The building itself is already next to another building with a roof height of 975ft, another that is 945ft, and a number of others. If you plopped any of them in SF they would stick out quite a bit. CITC is about to be the peak of a mountain of buildings bigger than anything in SF.

SF has the better natural views of the city, but Philly's buildings are definitely more distinct and in my opinion better looking.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
That's nice, you must not have read anymore of my comment so let me reiterate.. As you can see, that lantern that is connected to the elevator shaft is going to be going from the bottom to the top. The building itself is already next to another building with a roof height of 975ft, another that is 945ft, and a number of others. If you plopped any of them in SF they would stick out quite a bit. CITC is about to be the peak of a mountain of buildings bigger than anything in SF.
Then why the oversensitivity about my measely pic? I dont get it?

Old 10-04-2015, 04:45 PM

4,344 posts, read 2,809,142 times
Geez, many cities woulds be happy to have any of those buildings. They are all much taller than anything gong up around me.

This thread is about the most major projects going up not a pissing contest about which is going to be tallest.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:01 PM

9,380 posts, read 9,338,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatsbyGatz View Post
^Wilshire Grand is definitely comical. A big pole just so the developer can claim that it's taller than the US Bank Tower.

Seattle's projected tallest will be slightly shorter than Philly's tallest point, at 1,111. However, it gets its height without any use of a spire/pole/architectural flourish. It will be 101-stories, whereas Comcast Tower will be 59-stories.
Stories doesn't matter. The floor to ceiling height for the CITC is about 15 feet with the lobby at over 100 feet. The other buildings in that height range do not have the same floor to ceiling height ratio.

Also the new unofficial height for the CITC is ~1145 at 60 stories. The developer, Comcast and 4 Seasons made some updates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City