Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: More big city feel?
Seattle 21 29.58%
DC 50 70.42%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 10:23 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,739,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deluusions View Post
Uhhhhh most of the designer stores at CityCenter are flagship stores?

Guys, this is a waste of time, they're bragging about a Nordstrom Department Store LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! You know, the store you can find all over the United States in almost every region. Judging by the comment about fashion heavy hitters "Nike and Banana Republic," we're wasting our time with this one lol.....

I can't...LOL.....

This is like the giant and the ant hill. Just let this thread die!

Old 02-01-2015, 10:31 AM

1,833 posts, read 2,349,257 times
Another Flagship store to open in DC, at the Uline Area where the Beatles had there're first ever american performance. Although this is not in downtown, but coming across a REI flagship store is very rare in a sense that there are not many locations. DC will have one of the few flagship locations besides Soho, Denver, etc.

We

Old 02-01-2015, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDAllstar View Post
Guys, this is a waste of time, they're bragging about a Nordstrom Department Store LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! You know, the store you can find all over the United States in almost every region. Judging by the comment about fashion heavy hitters "Nike and Banana Republic," we're wasting our time with this one lol.....

I can't...LOL.....

He hates DC, even if this was a Seattle vs. DC thread about which city has better muesems. He will still pick Seattle LOL.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:41 AM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,532 times
Why in the world would people brag about chain retail stores being located in Downtown? Every suburb and shopping mall in America have these same retail stores.

I'd put more consideration into museums over chain stores and surely DC dominates in that capacity.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:48 AM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
He hates DC, even if this was a Seattle vs. DC thread about which city has better muesems. He will still pick Seattle LOL.
That's a lie.

I don't hate D.C. at all. I just can't stand the unbridled boosterism, the superior tone many of you take for no reason and the fact that so many of you are delusional when it comes to what a real Downtown actually is.

And reading comprehension is important. Seattle has two large flagship DEAPARTMENT STORES Downtown. Remember those? I'm not talking about some little half-ass so called 1,200 sf 'Flagship" boutique in the overrated City Center complex.

This supposed 'tiny' Downtown still serves as the shopping hub of the region. Again, D.C. hasn't been this for decades and it isn't coming back. That ship sailed for Tysons years ago.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:

I can't...LOL.....

You can't find a historic Downtown Flagship Nordstrom all over the U.S., and certainly not in Downtown D.C.

You can always go to the tired old Macy's though, so all is not lost.

Old 02-01-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
There are soooo many store's headed to downtown D.C. and the retail capacity of downtown D.C. is larger than every city except NYC. That is how big the footprint is.

LOL!!!! A prime example of the unbridled boosterism I was speaking of...

Old 02-01-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
That's a lie.

I don't hate D.C. at all. I just can't stand the unbridled boosterism, the superior tone many of you take for no reason and the fact that so many of you are delusional when it comes to what a real Downtown actually is.

And reading comprehension is important. Seattle has two large flagship DEAPARTMENT STORES Downtown. Remember those? I'm not talking about some little half-ass so called 1,200 sf 'Flagship" boutique in the overrated City Center complex.

This supposed 'tiny' Downtown still serves as the shopping hub of the region. Again, D.C. hasn't been this for decades and it isn't coming back. That ship sailed for Tysons years ago.
Every DC poster said Seattle has a good downtown. You're the one who said downtown DC has no flagship stores, yet you were dead wrong. You're very misinformed which proves to be a occurrence time and time again.

So you hate when DC posters boost? Yet Atlanta posters probably boost the most on CD besides maybe those few weird Vegas posters. DC barley boost we just call out ignorance.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Every DC poster said Seattle has a good downtown. You're the one who said downtown DC has no flagship stores, yet you were dead wrong. You're very misinformed which proves to be a occurrence time and time again.
Again, reading comprehension is important. For the third time I said Flagship DEPARTMENT STORES, of which Downtown D.C. has none. Period.

Quote:
So you hate when DC posters boost? Yet Atlanta posters probably boost the most on CD besides maybe those few weird Vegas posters. DC barley boost we just call out ignorance.
You need to go back and re-read my post, yet again. I never used the word hate, but you sure seem to be throwing it around a lot. And you are now veering off topic, as this has nothing to do with Atlanta.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:57 AM

13,727 posts, read 15,739,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
LOL!!!! A prime example of the unbridled boosterism I was speaking of...
Ummmm....it is, would you like me to show you the stats for all the downtown DC neighborhoods and their retail capacity? You have Foggy Bottom, DuPont Circle, Golden Triangle, Logan Circle, Penn Quarter, Mt. Vernon Triangle, Northwest One, NOMA, Union Market, The Wharf, SW Eco District, Capital Riverfront, and. Buzzard Point.

You really don't have a clue about DC do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City