Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2020, 04:21 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,523,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
I am veering from my safe space and gonna say Corona, CA, a city I've never been to. Yes it's close to LA and in the Riverside MSA so I'm familiar with the region, but still it feels a little risky. I like Richmond so I would pick it against a lot of places, but Corona intrigues me enough that I would give it a try. Worst case, I'm a manageable drive from the areas I really like.

Los Angeles v Knoxville, TN
Knoxville. Much more livable in most ways. Very affordable, great people, a good bit to do for an area its size, and underrated, IMO.

Colorado Springs, CO or Omaha, NE?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2020, 04:31 PM

9,684 posts, read 9,406,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Knoxville. Much more livable in most ways. Very affordable, great people, a good bit to do for an area its size, and underrated, IMO.

Colorado Springs, CO or Omaha, NE?
Ohms easily. Colorado Springs was overrated. I enjoyed Boulder and Aurora areas better. Omaha is the Greenville of the midwest. Thriving area, white collar economy with above average growth, but tends to be overshadowed by larger metros in the region (Kansas City/Minneapolis, Charlotte/Atlanta).

Evansville, IN or Clarksville, TN?

Old 03-15-2020, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Ohms easily. Colorado Springs was overrated. I enjoyed Boulder and Aurora areas better. Omaha is the Greenville of the midwest. Thriving area, white collar economy with above average growth, but tends to be overshadowed by larger metros in the region (Kansas City/Minneapolis, Charlotte/Atlanta).

Evansville, IN or Clarksville, TN?
Clarksville only because it's not far from Nashville.

Orlando, FL or New Orleans, LA?

Old 03-15-2020, 08:56 PM

755 posts, read 571,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Clarksville only because it's not far from Nashville.

Orlando, FL or New Orleans, LA?
Orlando. I've been to both places & even though New Orleans was better than I thought when I went there, I'd rather live in Orlando as I like Florida much more than Louisiana & it has lower crime. Plus the theme parks for fun.

Columbus, OH or College Park, MD?

Old 03-15-2020, 09:35 PM

14,183 posts, read 9,080,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASJackson814 View Post
Orlando. I've been to both places & even though New Orleans was better than I thought when I went there, I'd rather live in Orlando as I like Florida much more than Louisiana & it has lower crime. Plus the theme parks for fun.

Columbus, OH or College Park, MD?
One is a major city with a large state university in it; the other, the home of a large state university just outside a major city.

I've been to the UMd campus but not OSU's. I have been to Columbus, however. This one's harder than it might be otherwise because Washington clearly has more to do and see, but living there means having to put up with Official Washingtonians.

That's enough to make me prefer Columbus.

Minneapolis or Columbus (Ohio)?

Old 03-15-2020, 10:04 PM

7,778 posts, read 10,168,764 times
Well I am not at all familiar with Columbus, although it seems like a nice enough place. But I know I would quite like Minneapolis aside from the winter weather so I feel confident in picking it. Larger, more to do, more Asian influence, more pro sports, etc.

Chicago v Bakersfield, CA

Old 03-15-2020, 10:35 PM

613 posts, read 328,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Well I am not at all familiar with Columbus, although it seems like a nice enough place. But I know I would quite like Minneapolis aside from the winter weather so I feel confident in picking it. Larger, more to do, more Asian influence, more pro sports, etc.

Chicago v Bakersfield, CA
Chicago in a landslide!!!!

Pittsfield, MA or Green Bay, WI?

Old 03-16-2020, 06:02 AM

9,684 posts, read 9,406,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Chicago in a landslide!!!!

Pittsfield, MA or Green Bay, WI?
Green Bay, WI.

Cleveland, OH or Orlando, FL?

Old 03-16-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Green Bay, WI.

Cleveland, OH or Orlando, FL?
Orlando. I do have a soft spot for Cleveland and really want to see that area rebound. But I lived in Orlando for about a year in the mid 2000's and I really loved living there. North of the FL Turnpike you're pretty far removed from the touristy spots. Great neighborhoods, lakes, parks, Winter Garden, not far from Atlantic AND Gulf beaches, and great theme parks which we enjoyed. Loved being near the Tampa Bay area too.

Ft. Lauderdale, FL or Portland, OR?

Old 03-16-2020, 07:16 AM

7,778 posts, read 10,168,764 times
In a vacuum then Portland, but in real life, gotta be FTL since we could adjust with no trouble and very easily could be living there (instead of Miami).

Dallas v Greenville, SC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City