Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2020, 09:29 PM

9,681 posts, read 9,398,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncstateofmind View Post
Vancouver, living in BC would be interesting.

Where would you rather live, OKC or San Antonio?
San Antonio. More things to do.

Denver or Miami?

Last edited by Shakeesha; 07-02-2020 at 09:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 09:52 PM

597 posts, read 449,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
San Antonio. More things to do.

Denver. Miami is much too hot for too much of the year. Denver has four seasons.... mountains are close by..... more diverse economy....

Springfield Missouri or Little Rock.

Last edited by MrPiedmontTriad; 07-02-2020 at 10:17 PM..

Old 07-02-2020, 11:06 PM

3,888 posts, read 2,202,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Vancouver so I do not shovel out bookoo snow

New Orleans or Shreveport?
You guys skipped one. New Orleans most definitely.

MrPiedmontTriad, I pick Little Rock.
Berkeley, CA or Cambridge, MA?

Old 07-03-2020, 04:47 AM

14,179 posts, read 9,068,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
You guys skipped one. New Orleans most definitely.

MrPiedmontTriad, I pick Little Rock.
Berkeley, CA or Cambridge, MA?
The Berkeley of the East or the Cambridge of the West?

I'd probably split my time between them, but I'll have to give the edge to Cambridge simply because even though the San Francisco Bay Area has spectacular topography and generally pleasant weather year-round, Bostonians aren't as self-satisified as San Franciscans. (Okay, San Fran smugness doesn't really spill over into Oakland or Berkeley, but it still helps define the region.)

Springfield, Mo., or Springfield, Ill.?

Old 07-03-2020, 07:16 AM

842 posts, read 826,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPiedmontTriad View Post
Denver. Miami is much too hot for too much of the year. Denver has four seasons.... mountains are close by..... more diverse economy....

Springfield Missouri or Little Rock.
This one got missed. I would choose Little Rock as a larger metro and a great setting with the river and delta on the east side transitioning to hills and low mountains on the west. LR would also be a little warmer in the winter.

Continuing with this one: Springfield, Mo., or Springfield, Ill.?

Old 07-03-2020, 11:06 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDave View Post
This one got missed. I would choose Little Rock as a larger metro and a great setting with the river and delta on the east side transitioning to hills and low mountains on the west. LR would also be a little warmer in the winter.

Continuing with this one: Springfield, Mo., or Springfield, Ill.?
The Illinois version, because IL > MO, and better proximity to Chicago. I wouldn't really want to live in Springfield, though..

Sacramento, CA vs. San Jose, CA

Old 07-03-2020, 11:17 AM

331 posts, read 149,731 times
MassVT beat me to the punch but Springfield MO for me. While I have a sweet spot for state capitals and am a big fan of Abe Lincoln, I've liked everything I've seen of Springfield MO as it seems like a very nice, laid back and manageable smaller city to reside in. Granted my impressions are solely from TV.

Sacramento. If I were in tech maybe I'd feel different and the weather is probably nicer in San Jose but Sacramento seems more livable to me and has the State capital thing going for it. Also easy access to the lake Tahoe region during the winters and summers is a bonus.

St Petersburg FL or Ft Lauderdale FL?

Old 07-03-2020, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCityIsBetterThanYours View Post
MassVT beat me to the punch but Springfield MO for me. While I have a sweet spot for state capitals and am a big fan of Abe Lincoln, I've liked everything I've seen of Springfield MO as it seems like a very nice, laid back and manageable smaller city to reside in. Granted my impressions are solely from TV.

Sacramento. If I were in tech maybe I'd feel different and the weather is probably nicer in San Jose but Sacramento seems more livable to me and has the State capital thing going for it. Also easy access to the lake Tahoe region during the winters and summers is a bonus.

St Petersburg FL or Ft Lauderdale FL?
Ft. Lauderdale. Better restaurants, shopping, etc. St. Pete has better beaches. Ft. Lauderdale is also near better cities.

Norman, OK or Jackson, TN?

Old 07-03-2020, 01:17 PM

842 posts, read 826,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakeesha View Post
Ft. Lauderdale. Better restaurants, shopping, etc. St. Pete has better beaches. Ft. Lauderdale is also near better cities.

Norman, OK or Jackson, TN?
I guess Norman because it will have some amenities from being a university town and is close to OKC. Jackson is more isolated, although not too far from Memphis.

Cape Girardeau, MO or Vicksburg, MS?

Old 07-03-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaDave View Post
I guess Norman because it will have some amenities from being a university town and is close to OKC. Jackson is more isolated, although not too far from Memphis.

Cape Girardeau, MO or Vicksburg, MS?
Cape Girardeau because it is closer to home. Seems like the town has invested more in its downtown and also has nicer scenery.

Columbia, MD or Sandy Springs, GA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City