Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Austin vs Kansas City
Austin 178 54.27%
Kansas City 150 45.73%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 04:59 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,541,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
Neither Kansas nor Missouri doesn't get nearly the amount of hate that Texas gets...
Plus I assure you some of the ones voting against Austin are Texans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 05:00 PM

12,822 posts, read 9,541,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye614 View Post
Austin strikes me as a place that is growing so rapidly that its losing some of its charm.
Yes and it will happen to Columbus if it hasn't already. Still love Austin, some things are annoying as schitt about it. It's citizens and government were anti growth at one point.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:28 AM

570 posts, read 559,795 times
Imo Texas gets hated on because it prospering. Yes we do have our downside like backwards politicians, hot weather, lack of density in our cities, but the state continues to thrive.

Old 05-26-2017, 01:41 AM

2,452 posts, read 2,300,727 times
The average American knows about Texas only about as much as they know about countries like Nigeria, South Africa, Mexico, or even China. Don't be surprised if a city from the state loses a poll.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:18 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texyn View Post
The average American knows about Texas only about as much as they know about countries like Nigeria, South Africa, Mexico, or even China. Don't be surprised if a city from the state loses a poll.
I realized when I first joined this site. That there is a strong anti Texas bias here. It's not as bad when I first joined but it still pitiful. Texas will be fine. A site on the internet won't change that.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:19 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,751,401 times
Rural and small town Texas sometimes seem to exist in a different universe than the rest of the country.
Kind of like the southeast, but not. In my opinion that's where the comments from SPonteKC and Coseau probably originate because Texas cities inevitably have to straddle that line between being American big cities and at the same time being........ Texas.
For some of us, that's not appealing. Too scattered, chaotic, and unsettling. "Borderline third-world" is absolutely a thought that has gone through my mind when I'm there. Not that it is, but wow are things different in Texas.
I've lived in Texas and have been to several areas throughout the state since then due to my job. I don't see it as a place to live in again or a place that is any better in any way than the rest of the country.
On the plus side, there does seem to be an energetic vibe going on down there that's probably due to the high growth and constant change.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:27 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
Rural and small town Texas sometimes seem to exist in a different universe than the rest of the country.... In my opinion that's where the comments from SPonteKC and Coseau probably originate because Texas cities inevitably have to straddle that line between being American big cities and at the same time being........ Texas.
For some of us, that's not appealing. Too scattered, chaotic, and unsettling. "Borderline third-world" is absolutely a thought that has gone through my mind when I'm there. Not that it is, but wow are things different in Texas.
No offense, but it feels like you're exaggerating a bit...

Old 05-26-2017, 08:01 AM

2,134 posts, read 2,115,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylord_Focker View Post
Plus I assure you some of the ones voting against Austin are Texans.
I voted for Austin. You can see who voted for which city.

Old 05-26-2017, 09:28 AM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,415,804 times
Welp, Austin is within three in the polls, so I guess either the Texas boosters arrived, or Austin is not as hated as you guys really thought.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:07 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,894,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
Welp, Austin is within three in the polls, so I guess either the Texas boosters arrived, or Austin is not as hated as you guys really thought.
It's probably more Austin boosters than Texas boosters in general, but I stand by my statements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City