Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 12:20 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,040,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbius View Post
I disagree that Texas is well run. Its a very corrupt old boy network. Highest property taxes in the country. Energy costs, especially in the summer, are sky high because the corrupt politicians passed the 'deregulation' windfall for the industrialists. Rates immediately shot up 50% to some of the highest in the country. Highest insurance rates in the country because of the above mentioned corrupt old boy politics. Bad pollution, they just broke ground on some 1890 tech giant coal plants in the middle of the state. Houston's sky glows a sickly green color at night the entire place is a toxic hellhole. Mexican drug cartels are getting their hooks deeper and deeper into the state and the gang problem is escalating here.
Backward politics, the governor is threatening to succeed from the US and the school board just rewrote the history books with a right wing Christian slant.

Texas is headed for major problems once the real estate market well and truly falls apart. Which is going to happen by the end of the year because no one can afford the cost of home ownership or the sky high rents here.
WOW, is TX that bad, I usually see it toping all the best lists, it is doing good in this down economy and people are moving there for a reason, TX is one of the most affordable states in the country, I know property taxes are high and Houston has some of the highest insurance rates, but does all of TX have high insurance rates?

Old 04-01-2010, 02:58 AM

2,014 posts, read 5,110,904 times
The Worst State would certainly have to be one of those Huge Western states like Wyoming and Montana that are sparsely populated. Extreme boredom and "dead" feeling.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
The Worst State would certainly have to be one of those Huge Western states like Wyoming and Montana that are sparsely populated. Extreme boredom and "dead" feeling.

that is what attracts people to those huge Western states, people move there to be secluded and enjoy the outdoors, the mountains and the simple life. The people that love Montana are the ones that arnt interested in living in high rise condo with neighbors staked on each other,crowded streets,noisy cities,busy streets and crime.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:34 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,779,993 times
I don't know if that's entirely true. Billings for example

Old 04-01-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
I don't know if that's entirely true. Billings for example

Billings probably isnt much of a city, but it is not the same city life as a Chicago,Dallas,Atlanta,LA or Seattle. Its probably just as calm in Billings as it is in other smaller cities in other states.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:10 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,080,009 times
Worst- Wyoming
Best- California

Old 05-11-2011, 09:00 AM

9 posts, read 15,348 times
Why do people hate Georgia? I've lived there for 4 years everyones nice there. Everyone thinks all states in the south are full of rednecks and KKK members, no there not. Look at California and New York, your lucky if you don't get shot or robbed walking down the streets of those states.
Best+reasons:
Georgia: Beautiful scenery and wildlife, mild climate, and tons of people are friendly.
Florida: Lots of fun things to do, some people are nice.
Pennsylvania: Great tourist attractions, friendly people who are proud to be Americans
Worst+reasons:
Texas: Everyone there thinks there awesome and everyone else from other states are retards.
New York: Just do not go out on the streets at 2 o'clock in the morning.
California: Has tons of Douchebags who think they are "high-class" people, criminals, drug abuse, The good thing is it has some sweet beaches.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:12 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,196,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaSoap101 View Post
Why do people hate Georgia? I've lived there for 4 years everyones nice there. Everyone thinks all states in the south are full of rednecks and KKK members, no there not. Look at California and New York, your lucky if you don't get shot or robbed walking down the streets of those states.
Best+reasons:
Georgia: Beautiful scenery and wildlife, mild climate, and tons of people are friendly.
Florida: Lots of fun things to do, some people are nice.
Pennsylvania: Great tourist attractions, friendly people who are proud to be Americans
Worst+reasons:
Texas: Everyone there thinks there awesome and everyone else from other states are retards.
New York: Just do not go out on the streets at 2 o'clock in the morning.
California: Has tons of Douchebags who think they are "high-class" people, criminals, drug abuse, The good thing is it has some sweet beaches.
You could also say that about Florida though. This site has way too many generalizations.

Old 05-11-2011, 11:59 PM

7 posts, read 39,016 times
Best states would be, Texas, California, Oregon, Massachusetts

Worst would be, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Arkansas

Old 05-12-2011, 12:51 AM

4,409 posts, read 6,558,756 times
For me personally I dislike anyplace along the gulf of Mexico.

My favorite state is Pennsylvania.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City