Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 01:08 PM

3,305 posts, read 8,558,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
Can confirm. I was in the Bay Area a week ago and the temperature difference in San Jose vs. San Mateo County/SF was like night and day (literally).
I've only been the San Francisco once, but the temperature difference in areas not that far from each other was definitely noticeable. It was 91 in downtown San Francisco in May (believe it was a record that day). From there I drove to Half Moon Bay along the coast where it was 55 (all day long) and then back over to Heywood in the late afternoon where it was above 90 degrees again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2019, 10:55 AM

915 posts, read 1,504,610 times
The SE is just unbearable - even by the coast - in the summer.

Unless humidity, sweat, and not being able to breathe well is your idea of refreshing. The weather is just oppressive, regardless if you are by the water or not. So, I really need to disagree with this suggestion.

I prefer Northern Michigan in the summer. Maine or Alaska in the summer are also attractive.

However I wouldn't say that any of these offer a pleasant climate year-round. Very few cities are actually temperate or have a 'refreshing climate" all year round.

Old 04-25-2019, 04:53 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,957,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I made this years ago for a thread in the SF forum that sort of describes summer...
The cooler the air, the richer the hood! Cool air is for the one percent, the rest of us just pay $$$ for AC!

Old 04-25-2019, 04:58 PM

4,147 posts, read 2,957,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopygirlmi View Post
The SE is just unbearable - even by the coast - in the summer.

Unless humidity, sweat, and not being able to breathe well is your idea of refreshing. The weather is just oppressive, regardless if you are by the water or not. So, I really need to disagree with this suggestion.

Californian here. Visited Louisiana and Mississippi for two months during the summer, and the heat was nothing compared to the heat in Fresno, Bakersfield, or San Bernardino.

You can breathe much better in the Gulf Coast than in inland California. Florida has among the best air quality in the country, thanks to all that rain. Inland California has the worst air quality in the country, because the dry heat means it never rains during the summer. Yes, you read that right. Most summers, it might only rain for 30 minutes on a single day.

I found the thunderstorms by the Gulf very refreshing.

Old 04-25-2019, 05:23 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,487,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
The cooler the air, the richer the hood! Cool air is for the one percent, the rest of us just pay $$$ for AC!
One percent? Approx 3 million people live in cold or cool summer air in the Bay Area. Richmond, the flatlands of Oakland and Hayward are hardly bastions of the rich. LOL.

Old 04-25-2019, 07:27 PM

11,070 posts, read 7,139,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJester View Post
You can breathe much better in the Gulf Coast than in inland California. Florida has among the best air quality in the country, thanks to all that rain. Inland California has the worst air quality in the country, because the dry heat means it never rains during the summer. I found the thunderstorms by the Gulf very refreshing.
I second that. Great points
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City