Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most overrated city in the US
New York City 340 21.82%
Los Angeles, California 336 21.57%
Atlanta, Georgia 351 22.53%
Orlando, Florida 243 15.60%
Washington, D.C. 107 6.87%
Miami, Florida 197 12.64%
Chicago, Illinois 163 10.46%
San Francisco, California 168 10.78%
Austin, Texas 298 19.13%
Las Vegas, Nevada 269 17.27%
Honolulu, Hawaii 73 4.69%
Other 135 8.66%
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 11 0.71%
New Orleans, Louisiana 9 0.58%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1558. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 PM

425 posts, read 371,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
how arrogant of you to pick staten island and the bronx.

and what exactly is wrong with staten island

so the sayings are true that brooklym, queens are their own cities.

btw many people are returning back to nyc because all you out of towners economy sucks.

A lot of that has to do with what started in NYC.

I wouldnt exactly brag about Wall St. buddy.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:17 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by resuelppA View Post
That high cost is forcing the spill across the east river to Brooklyn and Queens, and because of that, theyre getting more expensive as well.

Who the **** wants to live in the Bronx or Staten Italy?
stan island is a sprawled island like most of the country, and know not just italians live in staten island.

never knew the liberians, and puerto ricans in park hill were italian.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
stan island is a sprawled island like most of the country, and know not just italians live in staten island.

never knew the liberians, and puerto ricans in park hill were italian.

Oh please, nearly 40% of the borough is Italian, and its extremely conservative.

Lets just give it to Jersey already.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
A lot of that has to do with what started in NYC.

I wouldnt brag about Wall St. bud.
yea but clearly our economy is much superior so im not worrying about wall street.

you tite then be one of the looser protesting them.

your economy sucks, and you have displeased the new yorkers who left. Now they are returning back home with the knowledge of the importance of money.

man up and dont blame and my neighbors for your economy. we are eating good here in nyc.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Oh please, nearly 40% of the borough is Italian, and its extremely conservative.
i could care less most of them live in southern staten island. nothing Italian about north staten island you diversity feen.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
yea but clearly our economy is much superior so im not worrying about wall street.

you tite then be one of the looser protesting them.

your economy sucks, and you have displeased the new yorkers who left. Now they are returning back home with the knowledge of the importance of money.

man up and dont blame and my neighbors for your economy. we are eating good here in nyc.

Is this supposed to be a coherent reply?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
i could care less most of them live in southern staten island. nothing Italian about north staten island you diversity feen.

You could or couldnt?

Keep "repping" NYC. Youre doing a terrible job. Successful, proud people who built it should rep it. I doubt youve contributed anything noteworthy to the city other than being born there through chance of genetic lottery.

Pride can be a dangerous thing. Nobody cares youre from NYC, and touting its economy when its own crooked bankers are one reason we're in this mess (among many other things) is foolish.

You keep touting these things you have nothing to do with other than living near them. Congrats.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM

639 posts, read 1,123,773 times
Quote:
how arrogant of you to pick staten island and the bronx.

and what exactly is wrong with staten island

so the sayings are true that brooklym, queens are their own cities.

btw many people are returning back to nyc because all you out of towners economy sucks.
NYC economy is only good if you're in elite business, media, fashion, or arts. I work in biotech and there are barely any jobs NYC.

Staten Island has nothing to offer other than being suburban-like for NYC. To be honest, it's ugly aesthetically especially compared to my hometown in Colorado, North Shore Long Island, or upscale areas of North Jersey.

South Bronx is one of the biggest ghettos in the US, enough said.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingElsewhere View Post
NYC economy is only good if you're in elite business, media, fashion, or arts. I work in biotech and there are barely any jobs NYC.

Staten Island has nothing to offer other than being suburban-like for NYC. To be honest, it's ugly aesthetically especially compared to my hometown in Colorado, North Shore Long Island, or upscale areas of North Jersey.

South Bronx is one of the biggest ghettos in the US, enough said.

Pretty much.

Sssshhh, dont say that.

Outside of Manhattan, as far as desirability or livability goes, there isnt much.

I grew up with a ton of people upstate who left the city cause they got their use out of it. As immigrants, they had to compromise but left for greener more livable pastures. They didnt move to ****ing farms, but smaller cities (think few hundred to a million in metro) that still had the benefits of education, taxes of NYS. People just dont hear about this stuff because the city soaks all the media.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:36 PM

6,610 posts, read 9,036,099 times
Quote:
Pretty much.

Sssshhh, dont say that.

Outside of Manhattan, as far as desirability or livability goes, there isnt much.

I grew up with a ton of people upstate who left the city cause they get their use out of it. As immigrants, they had to compromise but left for greener more livable pastures.
I agree with a lot of what you've posted in this thread, but I have to say that there are desirable areas outside of Manhattan...maybe not to Manhattanites, but to the rest of us there are. I especially like some Brooklyn neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City