Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2009, 09:09 AM

11 posts, read 47,504 times

Advertisements

Highland park, MI.

Old 07-10-2009, 02:15 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,049,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS88 View Post
In No order

Brownsville
Liberty City
North Philadelphia
Alot of Detroit
Probably not the worst in crime but visually the definition of the hood is the neighborhood covered by the 46th precinct in the Bronx...aka the "alamo".

Anyone can google search 46 precinct Bronx and see how notorious it is.

Old 07-10-2009, 06:18 PM

2,957 posts, read 6,475,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Probably not the worst in crime but visually the definition of the hood is the neighborhood covered by the 46th precinct in the Bronx...aka the "alamo".

Anyone can google search 46 precinct Bronx and see how notorious it is.
1. How can anyone SEE how "notorious" a place is?? If its notorious, then that perception is already in place. You shouldn't have to tell anyone if a place actually is notorious.

2. I took a look for myself at 4 different blocks in that area on google maps as you suggested, just to see what you're always making such a big fuss about. What is supposed to be the big deal?? Visually it looks like anywhere else with brick buildings and trees. I'll even give you the exact views I looked at:

-280 E 180th St, New York, NY, United States
-230 E 181st St, New York, NY, United States
-2492 Marion Ave, New York, NY, United States
-2056 Valentine Ave, New York, NY, United States

I quit after that cuz it was boring. All I saw were clean, empty streets that didn't even appear to have any trash or graffiti. Man that place looks really safe from google maps, I don't know what you're even talking about. Visually it looks just like anywhere else in the 85-90% of NYC that is clean and safe. And you've been saying THAT is the definition of the hood, and LA is safe??? LMFAO!!! Boy do you ever got things twisted.

If you've got specific blocks that you'd cherry pick to show that look bad there, then MAYBE that is the case. But going to google maps and randomly looking at the street views of the first 4 I checked looked plenty fine to me. Its a far cry from the "20 hustlers on EVERY block" and the extreme poverty that you make this place out to be. You must have some kind of phobia of bricks or something, b/c other than that nothing shown was consitent with what you've described in previous posts. I have no idea why you keep making such a big deal out of this place LOL.

Old 07-11-2009, 12:07 AM

41 posts, read 98,619 times
This recent study should put everyone's speculation to rest. It's very interesting & in my opinion, suprising. Check out this website for the details 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods - WalletPop Sorry, Brownsville & ENY are not on the list!

Old 07-11-2009, 12:11 AM

41 posts, read 98,619 times
One more comment, as a Baltimore native any area around Johns Hopkins hospital(not Johns Hopkins Unniversity) is some of the most depressing examples of urban decay I have ever witnessed. Not to mention that acording to someone I know who works at the hospital, you can see kids waving pistols around at 11am...during a school day!

Old 07-11-2009, 09:03 PM

21 posts, read 72,543 times
New yorkers LOVE to talk about how hard new york is. Nyc is the safest big city in the country. Their bad areas mostly have that reputation due to urban decay or graffiti. New yorks roughest hoods simple don't compare to those in other major cities like la, chi or philly. Idk about la or philly but chicago has some true warzones. I saw a gangland about ny...what a joke! Idk why new yorkers like to act hard but that city, in my opinion, is faker than silicon *******.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:43 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
The bad neighborhoods in NYC can get intensely bad. It's just that there are many very dense parts of the city that are very safe. When you're averaging crime rates out over a population of over 8 million with some of the neighborhoods being almost squeaky clean in terms of crime (but certainly not in terms of littering and dog ****), it's easy to lose sight of just how bad the really bad nabes are. Of course, posters like KONY, KRS88, and SuperMario way overplay how bad some decent neighborhoods actually are.

Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
the one that hates the most.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:32 PM

321 posts, read 1,125,622 times
as much as i love the city, i've gotta say that baltimore has some of the worst neighborhoods/urban decay on the east coast, if not the country. example, go on Street View on google maps and look at some of these addresses:

-900 block N Castle St
-600 block N Brice St
-1000 block W Saratoga St

Old 07-11-2009, 10:51 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The bad neighborhoods in NYC can get intensely bad. It's just that there are many very dense parts of the city that are very safe. When you're averaging crime rates out over a population of over 8 million with some of the neighborhoods being almost squeaky clean in terms of crime (but certainly not in terms of littering and dog ****), it's easy to lose sight of just how bad the really bad nabes are. Of course, posters like KONY, KRS88, and SuperMario way overplay how bad some decent neighborhoods actually are.
Very well put OyCrumbler.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City