Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is the most dangerous neighborhood to walk in the US?
South Bronx ( yes more than one neighborhood) 44 8.21%
Highland Park ( Detroit) 55 10.26%
Compton ( Los Angeles) 67 12.50%
zone 3 (Atlanta) 32 5.97%
Chicago Southside 66 12.31%
Inner Wash DC ( sorry this isn't precise) 20 3.73%
North Philadelphia 62 11.57%
Liberty City Miami 26 4.85%
East St Louis , Ill 81 15.11%
OTHER 83 15.49%
Voters: 536. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:18 AM

2,957 posts, read 6,471,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
some dude in Waco got stabbed for farting.....
LMAO wow, that stinks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 01:30 AM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,233,250 times
Gives new meaning to the term "cutting the cheese."

Old 05-20-2009, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
I agree, for rappers LA does SEEM pretty dangerous for them. Considering most of those incidents happened in nice areas. There have been a handful of NY rappers getting killed but most of those happened in areas KNOWN to be dangerous. I think?
I think for the most part that is true. Usually the incidents I know of took place in the hood over there. But the shooting of The Game's boy and of Pac, as well as the pathetic 1st offenses of Shyne and Jay Z (none of which were murders, but the first three were all shootings), all happened in non-hood, urban areas as far as I know.

There is something to be said of the amount and the variety of rappers that have been killed in LA tho. The East Coast, West Coast and now the South have all had rappers killed there. Can't think of another city I can say that about, so statistically it is significantly dangerous for rappers.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Wasn't Jam Master Jay also killed in NYC. In Queens?
Yes he was, so NYC is the most deadly city in the history of the entire Earth, especially the South Bronx , okay Mario!!???
Got any more since you're obviously trying to keep a running tally of how many rappers have been killed in NYC to further your agenda?? We're all terrified of NYC, okay??

Mac Dre was killed in KC, so Mac Minister from SF responded and murdered Fat Tone from KC in Vegas, and Pac was killed there too, so Vegas is super deadly for rappers too!!

In the Bay we've had several of our rappers shot and killed too:
-Both Mr. Cee and Hitman from RBL Posse, Max, OC Dre, Shawny Moe, Jojo White, Double D, So-Sicc-Ass-Rell, and Frank Nitty were all killed in SF.
-In Oakland, Dion Stewart from Black Dynasty, Eclipse and Seagram were murdered.
-In Vallejo, The Mac and Johnny Cash were both killed (not to mention Young Lay getting shot in the head and having his son kidnapped and wife burned to death in an arson attack).
-In Santa Clara, there was even a rapper named Almighty Aziz who was killed by the police.

Plenty of stuff happens all over the place, and our rappers out here are far from strangers to it too.

Last edited by jman650; 05-20-2009 at 02:21 AM..

Old 05-20-2009, 02:11 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
LMAO wow, that stinks!
lol yes!

Man accused of Waco stabbing in fart fight

Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Holy crap, that was real! Lol I thought you were just joking haha. Man that sucks! What a terrible battle scar to have to endure. I'd hate to have to tell that story for the rest of my life.

The only one I have that comes to mind that ranks near that one was back in like '97 or '98 on a BART train some dude's girlfriend got into an argument with 4 drag queens, and when he tried to intervene they jumped him and hit him in the head with a hammer. Poor guy got hospitalized with a concussion as I remember. That's another one that has to suck to tell people.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:24 AM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
Rappers get killed a lot of places so thats not a very good argument for this. NYC, LA, Detroit, Cleveland, Atlanta, etc. have all had rappers killed there. It doesnt make them special or that much more dangerous, really just 1 more homicide.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:35 AM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman650 View Post
Yes he was, so NYC is the most deadly city in the history of the entire Earth, especially the South Bronx , okay Mario!!???
Got any more since you're obviously trying to keep a running tally of how many rappers have been killed in NYC to further your agenda?? We're all terrified of NYC, okay??

Mac Dre was killed in KC, so Mac Minister from SF responded and murdered Fat Tone from KC in Vegas, and Pac was killed there too, so Vegas is super deadly for rappers too!!

In the Bay we've had several of our rappers shot and killed too:
-Both Mr. Cee and Hitman from RBL Posse, Max, OC Dre, Shawny Moe, Jojo White, Double D, So-Sicc-Ass-Rell, and Frank Nitty were all killed in SF.
-In Oakland, Dion Stewart from Black Dynasty, Eclipse and Seagram were murdered.
-In Vallejo, The Mac and Johnny Cash were both killed (not to mention Young Lay getting shot in the head and having his son kidnapped and wife burned to death in an arson attack).
-In Santa Clara, there was even a rapper named Almighty Aziz who was killed by the police.

Plenty of stuff happens all over the place, and our rappers out here are far from strangers to it too.
We all know the Bronx is the most dangerous place.

But LA and NY have had more of the high profile killings. Probably because they're the two main cities of each coast.

Old 05-20-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
We all know the Bronx is the most dangerous place.
Or at least we all know that Mario wants it to be more than he wants to be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

If it were possible for someone to not only make it the worst place in the world but to have everyone believe it was as well, you would be so grateful to whomever made that happen that you'd look like Chewbacca with his life debt to Han Solo.

But just out of curiosity, why the sick obsession and why do you want the place that you live to be so terrible? Are you that desperate for some street cred or something? It makes no sense at all to me.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:26 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,233,250 times
^hahaha, i'd give you rep for that one if I could

It's funny, because everyone already knows that the South Bronx WAS the worst area in the country (or at least one of the worst), no one's gonna forget that...and everyone knows that it still has very bad areas. But still SuperMario just can't stand the fact that the rest of the city, including much of the Bronx has had it's crime rate drop so much that it excludes NYC from being anywhere near the most dangerous city, statistically. The precious high crime rate is gone, oh no!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City