Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which state would you live in or which is better?
California 102 64.56%
Colorado 56 35.44%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 07:20 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
San Francisco?!?! LOL never heard someone say SF was so polluted they couldn't see the mountains,maybe you experienced this fog phenomenon I've heard about.
And diversity as in terrain,people,everything.
Here is 2 pics from today,what I considered a particularly smoggy day.

Those where both taken standing in the same exact spot btw.

Nice pictures but you can see the mountains MUCH better from the front range of Colorado!

As far as diverstiy the terrrain in Colroado ranks up there as just as diverse. As far as people and everything else that is where my point stands about adding 30 million people to our state and again I say no thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 07:23 PM

1,694 posts, read 5,680,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Nice pictures but you can see the mountains MUCH better from the front range of Colorado!
No argument with that,Denver is lucky in that it's such a clean city,whereas LA has gotten better,Denver hasn't gotten bad at all so it's clear and beautiful all the time.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:29 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,137,521 times
Dude, how is CO more diverse than CA. CA has everything CO has and then some. Where is the coastline in CO? Take the coastline from SF then drive east and you'd see more diversity than CO. CO has diversity and the Rockies are beautiful. But once you get to the Plains, it is just that, plain.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdy1985 View Post
Dude, how is CO more diverse than CA. CA has everything CO has and then some. Where is the coastline in CO? Take the coastline from SF then drive east and you'd see more diversity than CO. CO has diversity and the Rockies are beautiful. But once you get to the Plains, it is just that, plain.
There are some nice mesas and desert area around Grand Junction,but yeah your right.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:31 PM

18,980 posts, read 32,634,523 times
Quote:

As far as diverstiy the terrrain in Colroado ranks up there as just as diverse. As far as people and everything else that is where my point stands about adding 30 million people to our state and again I say no thank you!
I do not see that at all. You have no coastline to begin with, Colorado does not have the variety in climates CA has, and different landscapes. CA has the lowest point in the western hemisphere (Death Valley) and the highest point in the continental US (Mt Whitney), places that get over 100" of rain a year to places that get less than 5". No state in the nation has the diversity of climates and terrain as CA.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:

Not even close.
And 30 million people in Colorado? LOL
Give it 5 million more and you'd have chaos.
(which is only a matter of time)

Old 04-06-2009, 07:41 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times
California my pics again Includes Tahoe and NorCal!!

Towards Dumbarton Br Bay Area From this point on

San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge

Lake Tahoe!!

CA!!

Old 04-06-2009, 07:44 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,455,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
I do not see that at all. You have no coastline to begin with, Colorado does not have the variety in climates CA has, and different landscapes. CA has the lowest point in the western hemisphere (Death Valley) and the highest point in the continental US (Mt Whitney), places that get over 100" of rain a year to places that get less than 5". No state in the nation has the diversity of climates and terrain as CA.
The only thing we don't have is a coast line that is why I said almost, everything else we do have. Lakes, deserts, plains, mountains, grass land, sand dunes, etc all within a few hour drive.

The lack of a coastline is why we have better skiing as that makes the air more dry and the reason Colorado gets the Champaign powder we are famous for. Personally, I would rather have that over a coast line any day.

As far as growth, I can see us growing 5 million because of all the people leaving California to come to Colorado. In fact in Pueblo alone some Las Vegas Developers are developing the states largest tech park and will get California companies to move, that alone should add thousands of people to the Pueblo metro area.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM

1,423 posts, read 4,685,519 times
^^ The Fact that a lot of people are moving out of CA to places with cheaper Cost of living CA still gains more pop Than it loses each year.Growth hmm... Good for Pueblo Their metro might hit 12 million.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:

As far as growth, I can see us growing 5 million because of all the people leaving California to come to Colorado. In fact in Pueblo alone some Las Vegas Developers are developing the states largest tech park and will get California companies to move, that alone should add thousands of people to the Pueblo metro area.
So you say you don't want CO to grow and CA is too big but then you are happy CO is Growing and that CA is losing population because of it? LOL
fine by me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City