Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times

Advertisements

There is no denying NYC is the most important city in the nation. I'm not ignorant like that, but when someone is trying to say Texas is not even in the top 5, that is just ridiculous. I was never trying to claim Texas is the best at everything, I'm just sick of Rachael constantly putting down Texas when she hasn't even been here. If you see my first post, I said there's no telling which state goes exactly where. I'm just sick of her shoving her opinion down everyone's throat.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:02 PM

806 posts, read 2,960,524 times
NYC has Wall Street, UN, most population, fortune 500 companies, etc. etc. etc.

1. NY
2. could be TX, imo.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
There is no denying NYC is the most important city in the nation. I'm not ignorant like that, but when someone is trying to say Texas is not even in the top 5, that is just ridiculous.
okay gotcha... I think it is, must have missed where she said Texas wasn't.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
I though this was about states?? NYC alone isn't even close to Texas.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:04 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,942,478 times
I didn't say TX shouldn't be in the top 5. It's a big state so it contributes quite a bit. I just don't think it comes ahead of NY, that's all i'm saying.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM

269 posts, read 469,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
you guys are freaking close minded and have a texas-centric view of the u.s.!!! just like most people have a u.s. centric view of the world! both of them are a shame! that is what she is saying! nobody else agrees with you! pretty much everybody agrees with new york who isn't extremely biased.

nyc in worldly affairs??? #1... texas in worldly affairs??? not even on the radar. bush sealed the deal on that and most people in the world, texas is the butt of a joke, if anything. this is truth.

yeah texas is a cool state with cool cities, but outside of texas nobody really cares that much.
I am not close minded, nor do I have a "Texas-centric view." However, when posters make ridiculous comments like "Texas is not even in the top 5" or "NYC has a better economy than all of Texas put together," don't think I am not going to argue and back my arguments up with FACT.

I have lived abroad for a majority of my adult life, and I can assure you that Texas is not the butt of the joke. America is.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I didn't say TX shouldn't be in the top 5. It's a big state so it contributes quite a bit. I just don't think it comes ahead of NY, that's all i'm saying.
I'd rank them on the same level, even though TX has a more diverse economy and a bigger GDP.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:06 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,971,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapico View Post
you guys are freaking close minded and have a texas-centric view of the u.s.!!! just like most people have a u.s. centric view of the world! both of them are a shame! that is what she is saying! nobody else agrees with you! pretty much everybody agrees with new york who isn't extremely biased.

nyc in worldly affairs??? #1... texas in worldly affairs??? not even on the radar. bush sealed the deal on that and most people in the world, texas is the butt of a joke, if anything. this is truth.

yeah texas is a cool state with cool cities, but outside of texas nobody really cares that much.
Seriously...I don't even know if I should actually address what you just posted. Nobody else agrees with me? Have you read this thread? Texas sseems to get decent support. And who is not extremely biased? Her friends up there in New York? I can honestly say...this is the most distorted, unsubstantial, and flat out wrong post I have seen on city-data...and that is not hyperbole either. I've seen internet trolling before but this is on a different level...you guys are ACTUALLY believing the crap you post. You actually think that you are right just because you said you were and New York is the best at everything just because you said it. All this time I thought most of it was just trolling.

It is you guys that have a NYC-Centric view and you don't even try to hide it. In true hipocritical northern fashion you just accuse the other side of what you are doing. This is a state argument not a city argument and as a State Texas has just as good an argument to be number 2 as NY and in my opinion better.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:06 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,521,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post
I am not close minded, nor do I have a "Texas-centric view." However, when posters make ridiculous comments like "Texas is not even in the top 5" or "NYC has a better economy than all of Texas put together," don't think I am not going to argue and back my arguments up with FACT.

I have lived abroad for a majority of my adult life, and I can assure you that Texas is not the butt of the joke. America is.
true, not the best time for americans to travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTHORNS96 View Post
Seriously...I don't even know if I should actually address what you just posted. Nobody else agrees with me? Have you read this thread? Texas sseems to get decent support. And who is not extremely biased? Her friends up there in New York? I can honestly say...this is the most distorted, unsubstantial, and flat out wrong post I have seen on city-data...and that is not hyperbole either. I've seen internet trolling before but this is on a different level...you guys are ACTUALLY believing the crap you post. You actually think that you are right just because you said you were and New York is the best at everything just because you said it. All this time I thought most of it was just trolling.
eh, you are just wrong man and underestimating nyc... i'm not from there, never lived there... I have no reason to boost it other than for what it is, no sweat though.
we are going to have to agree to disagree at this point. I can tell your train of thought based on your responses isn't thinking logical and you are taking it way to personally, again...no sweat. I think in most intellectual or academic circles you would get laughed at if you thought texas was more important than NYC. ... and at that.. ha ha ha.

Old 04-19-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie28 View Post

Agreed, Texas is a top destination for many people in foreign countries. Bush might have made the state look bad, but people still flock to see this great state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City