Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago vs Detroit
Chicago 135 75.84%
Detroit 43 24.16%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 12:17 AM

170 posts, read 391,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
not even
well i do remember all those Fentanyl laced heroin overdoses that was happening in chicago and detroit not too long ago..plus this was on the news just last year here in chicago..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZkimjJvhQ

and detroit has always been known as a dope dealing city in general..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 12:29 AM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post
well i do remember all those Fentanyl laced heroin overdoses that was happening in chicago and detroit not too long ago..plus this was on the news just last year here in chicago..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7ZkimjJvhQ

and detroit has always been known as a dope dealing city in general..
when was this? maybe as far as sellin goes but as far as using.....its not the 80s

Old 01-23-2011, 11:38 AM

170 posts, read 391,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
when was this? maybe as far as sellin goes but as far as using.....its not the 80s
05-06

Quote:
With 14 deaths being linked by Chicago authorities to heroin laced with fentanyl in a two-day period last week, the nationwide death toll in a wave of ODs tied to the powerful synthetic opiate continues to rise. Although precise figures are hard to come by, Chicago authorities believe 75 people have died of the lethal combination there this year, while in Detroit, authorities put the number at more than 130 dead since last fall, including 33 in the past few weeks.

Feature: Death Toll Climbs as Fentanyl-Laced Heroin ODs Spread

Old 01-23-2011, 04:52 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAMEN VII View Post

once again, there aren't that many users here anymore. I don't know about Chicago. Detroiters who use heroin are usually older who have been around since the era started. young black-even people in their 40s don't use heroin. Its hard to find someone under 50 who is a user and basically impossible to find a user in their 20s or younger. Now if we talking Metro, maybe. Most of the people going to heroin houses in the city to cop are white suburbanites

Old 01-23-2011, 11:31 PM

32 posts, read 53,698 times
City: Chicago is the better city, easily.

Suburbs: Detroit has the nicer suburbs, easily. Some of Chicago's suburbs are ****.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:38 PM

5,985 posts, read 13,123,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daring_Dirk View Post
City: Chicago is the better city, easily.

Suburbs: Detroit has the nicer suburbs, easily. Some of Chicago's suburbs are ****.
Yes, a portion of Chicagos suburbs are ****. (Many of the suburbs east of I-57 through NW Indiana are like Detroit itself.

But the rest of the suburbs are more or less the equivalent of Detroit's except that the suburban amenities are more spread out in Chicagoland than Detroits Oakland County.

Although Chicagos suburbs have great downtown, they really are not as happenin' as Birmingham, Royal Oak, and Ferndale. Even Evanston and Oark Park, might even by just shy of the vibrancy there.

To have Birmingham, Ferndale, Royal Oak, Cranbrook in Bloomfield, Somerset in Troy, the Zoo there . . . its pretty concentrated and special. Plus when you throw in Ann Arbor, the metro area as a whole is pretty world class, even though Detroit proper is a shell of its former self.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:56 PM

172 posts, read 485,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex?Il? View Post
Yes, a portion of Chicagos suburbs are ****. (Many of the suburbs east of I-57 through NW Indiana are like Detroit itself.

But the rest of the suburbs are more or less the equivalent of Detroit's except that the suburban amenities are more spread out in Chicagoland than Detroits Oakland County.

Although Chicagos suburbs have great downtown, they really are not as happenin' as Birmingham, Royal Oak, and Ferndale. Even Evanston and Oark Park, might even by just shy of the vibrancy there.

To have Birmingham, Ferndale, Royal Oak, Cranbrook in Bloomfield, Somerset in Troy, the Zoo there . . . its pretty concentrated and special. Plus when you throw in Ann Arbor, the metro area as a whole is pretty world class, even though Detroit proper is a shell of its former self.
Yeah, Southern Oakland County could easily be a major city by itself (wouldn't really be much different than Phoenix or some other spread-out city). We used to always joke that Macomb County (where I grew up) was really a suburb of Oakland and not Detroit and in a certain sense, this is true... I think I read somewhere that more people commute from Macomb to Oakland than they do to downtown Detroit.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:23 AM

1,497 posts, read 3,490,917 times
I dig Chicago, but Detroit has more upward potential. It's easy to get in at the ground level in Detroit, not so much in Chicago. I'm not saying Chicago has peaked, but Detroit has new urban boomtown potential.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City