Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2021, 11:22 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Home to the University of Southern Mississippi, which has a very nice campus. The city itself is pretty decent overall, though it has some rough areas. Its downtown has decent bones, but doesn't live up to its potential as a college town downtown.

Madison, Mississippi
I am aware it's a northern suburb of Jackson, which has boomed as more population has moved north that way. I don't know much else about it, except what I had loosely heard about Madison, MS from others on City Data and other sites.

Denton, TX
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 01:39 PM

6,384 posts, read 5,021,384 times
I just know it's supposedly the "cool" DFW suburb where indie bands play. Somewhere in the northern burbs.

Belleville, IL

Old 05-30-2021, 11:11 PM

14,201 posts, read 9,103,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I just know it's supposedly the "cool" DFW suburb where indie bands play. Somewhere in the northern burbs.

Belleville, IL
County seat of St. Clair County, Ill., one of two Illinois counties that make up the "Metro East" side of metro St. Louis. (There may be a third now.) East end of the MetroLink light metro system.

Dover, Del.: State capital, and one of the few whose capital complex sits on a street named for Dr. Martin Luther King. Delaware's capital buildings date to the 1930s and are very modest in scale and appearance (but very handsome Georgian Revival structures). Oh, yes, and it also has a large Air Force base, NASCAR racetrack and the state's HBCU, Delaware State University.

Edwardsville, Ill.

Old 05-30-2021, 11:26 PM

3,467 posts, read 3,388,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarketStEl View Post
County seat of St. Clair County, Ill., one of two Illinois counties that make up the "Metro East" side of metro St. Louis. (There may be a third now.) East end of the MetroLink light metro system.

Dover, Del.: State capital, and one of the few whose capital complex sits on a street named for Dr. Martin Luther King. Delaware's capital buildings date to the 1930s and are very modest in scale and appearance (but very handsome Georgian Revival structures). Oh, yes, and it also has a large Air Force base, NASCAR racetrack and the state's HBCU, Delaware State University.

Edwardsville, Ill.
I know Edwardsville has a branch campus of Southern Illinois University(SIU), but don't know much else about it.

Morgantown, WV

Old 05-30-2021, 11:40 PM

899 posts, read 521,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
I know Edwardsville has a branch campus of Southern Illinois University(SIU), but don't know much else about it.

Morgantown, WV
It's one of the best cities in West Virginia, and I find it comparable to Burlington, Vermont.

Homer, Alaska

Old 05-31-2021, 08:30 AM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
It's one of the best cities in West Virginia, and I find it comparable to Burlington, Vermont.

Homer, Alaska
Picturesque and laid back. Salina KS.

Old 06-01-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Picturesque and laid back. Salina KS.
Not as good as Manhattan, but it's not terrible.

Rocklin, California

Old 06-02-2021, 08:46 AM

13,647 posts, read 7,968,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by General I80 View Post
Rocklin, California
I only know it from seeing it on the map. It's a suburb of Sacramento with a lot of new development.

Fairhope, Alabama

Old 06-02-2021, 09:12 AM

3,897 posts, read 2,214,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
I only know it from seeing it on the map. It's a suburb of Sacramento with a lot of new development.

Fairhope, Alabama
Small suburban town. Sherman TX

Old 06-03-2021, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brock2010 View Post
Small suburban town. Sherman TX
It's Texas, but it's almost Oklahoma. Mostly average city.

Oak Lawn, Illinois
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City