Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Van vs TJ?
Vancouver! 76 79.17%
Tijuanaa! 20 20.83%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 01:04 AM

635 posts, read 1,540,222 times

Advertisements

Both West Coast border cities at opposite ends of the country. Both "twin" cities with major West Coast cities: San Diego and Seattle. Which is better? Go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 01:05 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Vancouver all day everyday son.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:08 AM

Lol figures. I voted for TJ since I know no one will vote for it.

But why Van friend?

Old 07-13-2010, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D. Calif View Post
Lol figures. I voted for TJ since I know no one will vote for it.

But why Van friend?
Lol, I have a hard time deciding between San Diego/Seattle. I normally give San Diego the edge- I like it a bit more.

But Vancouver is no pushover, it's a really really pretty city. And I like the weather conditions more, and the scenery. I like the architecture too.

I gave Tijuana my vote because I know people will make this into a landslide Vancouver poll.

Why did you pick Tijuana?

Old 07-13-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Lol, I have a hard time deciding between San Diego/Seattle. I normally give San Diego the edge- I like it a bit more.

But Vancouver is no pushover, it's a really really pretty city. And I like the weather conditions more, and the scenery. I like the architecture too.

I gave Tijuana my vote because I know people will make this into a landslide Vancouver poll.

Why did you pick Tijuana?
TJ used to be nice before all the drug trafficking. You had your nice places along the coast like not to mention excellent Mexican food. It also used to have excellent night life. However a downside is it's terrible skyline.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:28 AM

6,540 posts, read 12,037,130 times
Overall, Vancouver. Especially if we're talking about living. Vancouver has a better skyline, better scenery, and overall quality of life since we are talking about Canada vs. Mexico. I did enjoy visiting TJ when I lived in San Diego, especially for the food and nightlife, as SD Calif mentioned. Last time I was there was in 2005, before the drug cartel violence got worse.

Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 AM

I wish TJ could be a cool city and play nice with San Diego, like Vancouver is with Seattle.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:15 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,915,052 times
For me, its easily Tijuana, Mexico all day every day and also night.
Seriously, why would anyone vote for Vancouver when Tijuana is on this poll!?
Is this poll a joke?!

I am enjoying my time here in Tijuana right now than I ever did in Vancover. I had the option between living in Vancover and Tijuana, and without hesitation I picked Tijuana.

Vancouver has the higher quality of life, nicer city skyline, more cultural offerings of many many different types, more nature scenery options nearby, and tons of other things BUT Tijuana has the cactus things! http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med.../2e/cactus.jpg Those cactus things are so pointy, greenish brown, awe inspiring and interesting! Just that makes Tijuana worth it for me.
Tijuana's city name is just as nice as Vancouver.
And also Tijuana is the most Western city in Mexico!

Wise decision, whoever else also voted for Tijuana.

How could not someone not want to pick Tijuana over Vancouver when someone can see http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med.../2e/cactus.jpg in Tijuana and have as much as that as they desire.
Seriously, the thing that won me over to prefer Tijuana over Vancouver is that there are so many http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/med.../2e/cactus.jpg there.

Someone couldnt even pay my to live in Vancouver, Canada one of my favorite cities in North America and the world over Tijuana, my favorite city by far in the Tijuana region of Mexico. Well its my favorite place in the Tijuana region of Mexico, except, for some other places in the Tijuana region of Mexico.

Last edited by ; 07-13-2010 at 05:35 AM..

Old 07-13-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalUrbanBalence View Post
For me, its easily Tijuana, Mexico all day every day and also night.
Seriously, why would anyone vote for Vancouver when Tijuana is on this poll!?

I am surely enjoying my time here in Tijuana right now than I ever did in Vancover. I had the option between living in Vancover and Tijuana, and without hesitation I picked Tijuana.
You sound very content with your choice in lifestyle Natural, I would go as far as saying you should make that your full time location. Possibly get your citizenship to Mexico.

Your post was oh so inspirational, makes me wonder what I'm truly missing out on.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:47 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 4 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,915,052 times
Im always going to be content with my lifestyle picking Tijuana over Vancouver. I have no doubts. Im an illegal citizen in Mexico. I dont need citizenship here.

You are missing out on quite a bit! I think you should make it your full time location too, even if it may mean also being an illegal citizen here...

Hm, so the poll says that 2 people voted for Tijuana, but S.D. Calif, Omshahi, and me all voted for Tijauna. I sense a conspiracy. One of us is lying for voting for Tijuana and how they feel about it and I truly wonder who is.

I guess I shouldnt have gave it away that Im an illegal citizen in Mexico on city-data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City