Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Van vs TJ?
Vancouver! 76 79.17%
Tijuanaa! 20 20.83%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2010, 12:14 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,093 times

Advertisements

If I was forced to live in Tijuana I would have Dr. Kevorkian on speed dial. Vancouver easily..is this for real? Vancouver is one of North America's finest cities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 12:55 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,514,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
Yeah, Mexico City is so cool, LOL. Such a good city huh? It's a dump man. What city are you going to praise next, Mumbai?

Go study up on 3rd World Nations and get back to me.
Uh, have you ever been to Mexico City? If not, then don't bother sharing your opinion on places you don't know jack about...Oh and Mumbai actually has some nice areas as well...you know how I know that? Because I've actually travelled around the world in my lifetime. Maybe you you should stick to talking about hockey in Minnesota.

Old 07-18-2010, 04:30 PM

2,744 posts, read 6,108,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
Ok, so it's not a Tulsa, I guess it looks more like a generic Atlanta... Still embarrassing and subpar for "a city bigger than NYC".

Whatever dude, Minnesota is home to more Global 500s than Mexico City. They should stick to smogging up the air and eating tacos or whatever they unproductivley do in Mexico... Or just jumping borders into our country or whatever Mexicans do, because they certainly don't excel at being active business leaders or econimically satisfying people.

Cesar Chavez eat your heart out

You are a close minded individual full of sterotypical generalizations. I'm sure you have had your share of Taco bell Tacos, lol.

A listing of Taco bells in MPLs!
taco bell in Minneapolis, MN on Yahoo! Local

Now for a lil more insightfully truth of Mexico. Mexico is considered a second world nation, not third and this is largely due to their government.
Mexico is a Wealthy nation steeped in resources, Unfortunately Mexico's government and ultra rich don't believe in Taxation much, it has the lowest taxation rate in the Americas. More Taxiation would put the country in a better position for all it's citizens, which would decrease the influx of it's lower class citizens illegal entry into the U.S.

Despite it's Government as a whole, it's not as bad as you claim it to be. I have been all over Mexico, have seen the good and bad, of course avoided the bad side as much as possible.

I'ts beautiful, the pyramids, cathederals, castles and plazas looks like Europe. Beautiful people all over, a very diverse nation. The border towns on the other hand are not anything like the interior cities.

The richest man in the world is a Mexican! I would not call him unproductive. Mexico is poor and it is rich and labeling an entire populace unproductive and economically unsatisfying, I wouldn't go to that extreme.

Old 07-18-2010, 06:57 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,925,995 times
I actually don't like San Diego, but I love Tijuana.

Old 07-18-2010, 07:21 PM

22 posts, read 55,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cacto View Post
there is no way you could ever have a night like you would in tj in vancouver
Did you know Vancouver is known for having the most beautiful prostitutes in the world? Not to mention marijuana is practically legal and there are many great dance clubs. It also has a very glamorous feel to it, people have said it is like Canada's LA, in terms of feel, etc.

That said, TJ is definitely its own beast. Its also very dangerous and has been for years. I love Mexico, but Tijuana is just not a safe place at night, not at all. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:34 PM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
I actually don't like San Diego, but I love Tijuana.
The major attractions for me in San Diego is the Airport, and the San Ysidro/Tijuana trolley. Have I missed something?

Old 07-22-2010, 06:29 PM

23,212 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Just got back from 2 days in TJ.

Some nice improvements along the way: they've got a big section of downtown all torn up, they're finally widening the sidewalks (it's about time!), narrowing the streets, no more street parking in that area. Hooray!

Some time ago, they widened the sidewalks on Revolution, and the traffic is now restricted to two lanes, making the sidewalks more plaza-like. Another nice improvement.

I just love the way that city brings me down to earth in such a beautiful way.
Seeing all those poor people with smiles on their faces (with a minimum wage of $5 day I'd be walking around with tears in my eyes) is equal to any number of slick, shiny skyscrapers.

As always, never felt unsafe walking around that city.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 862 times
Default What is the rent in Vancouver?

Can I live on $700. per month in Vancouver? Can I get a nice araprtment for under $300. per month?

If so, then it is off to Vancouver !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City