Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2009, 05:19 PM

389 posts, read 902,494 times

Advertisements

big city guy I'm not going to critique everything new york has how could I? Why would I? I never said I hated nyc. I just think its overrated. Geez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 05:55 PM

479 posts, read 1,442,650 times
^^ What more do you want from NYC? How can you say is overrated?? Is there something missing in that city that will really excite you?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:04 PM

389 posts, read 902,494 times
I don't want anything from NYC, NYC is perfectly fine as is. It just isn't for me.

Old 08-17-2009, 09:30 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,926,015 times
St Louis is by far the most underrated city in the country.

Overrated? Man there are so many so I will list just a few. Austin (by far), Vegas, Phoenix

Old 08-17-2009, 10:52 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
NYC is appropriately rated, at least from my view.

Old 08-18-2009, 09:10 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
In REAL non C-D life, New York is not overrated.

On C-D however, it's a totally different story of blind self-worship and uber-pride run amok, imo.

Old 08-18-2009, 10:46 AM

30 posts, read 60,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arch_genesis View Post
my apologies for diverting this thread. I'll just try and list underrated cities

underrated -- Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, St Louis, Kansas City, Nashville, Indianapolis
Being from Cincinnati, I like to see this, but I am also curious as to why you say this? I love it here, and I certainly think Cincinnati is a GREAT place, just wondering what your thoughts are.

It seems most people like to hate on the Midwest in general...

Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 AM

4 posts, read 6,002 times
NYC is overrated. It's because they have so many people who live there and boast about it. People there are mean though. Wouldn't even help me find Ralph Lauren. Chicago is underrated. It's better than NYC but because all of the east coast snobs constantly diss the rest of the country this feud continues. All you east coasters need to realize you're just alienating yourselves from everyone else and realize there are other places just as good. Get out into the world a little bit and travel away from the beloved atlantic coast.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:30 AM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns4life89 View Post
NYC is overrated. It's because they have so many people who live there and boast about it. People there are mean though. Wouldn't even help me find Ralph Lauren. Chicago is underrated. It's better than NYC but because all of the east coast snobs constantly diss the rest of the country this feud continues. All you east coasters need to realize you're just alienating yourselves from everyone else and realize there are other places just as good. Get out into the world a little bit and travel away from the beloved atlantic coast.
In this case, I think it's appropriate to distinguish between the city itself and some of its inhabitants. There are some cities that I actually like in themselves but aren't too fond of some of the types who live there.

Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,929,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorns4life89 View Post
lol I think you're in a very slim minority who think Chicago is better. Also, most people here have commented about how nice we are
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City