Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which accent do you like better? North or Southern accent?
Northen Accent 229 49.67%
Southern Accent 232 50.33%
Voters: 461. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 03:51 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
The Southern accent is unatttractive and that is a fact.
I agree:

This accent

YouTube - RED NECK GAMES 2008 Dublin, GA

Vs.

This accent

YouTube - Vito From Jersey -- Americans traveling in Italy

I would say the Northern accent is much better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 03:52 PM

155 posts, read 158,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
...no. what you need to get right is what i said. reread my post.

"and ppl" does not equal "and eek."

a lot of ppl buy into stereotypes. the world is round. the pope is catholic.

*shrugs*

what do you think? NYC is part of NYS. thats a pretty stupid question, to be honest.

i'm not confusing anything. i was trying to say that if you put a person from NYC in the west, the southwest, the southeast, the mid-etc. etc. that person will raise eyebrows when they speak.

its the same as a person from new orleans or boston or someplace speaking oustide of his/her state and/or region.

this section of CD represents a small fraction of ppl scattered throughout the u.s.

i think that the world has more of a say so than CD.

NYC in general is iconic. know about it.
And you guys have officially changed the state of FL to the 6th borough. We really appreciate that too. Driving is a breeze, everyone is so nice an patient, and it's soooo laid back down here now. We are so privileged and thankful.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:52 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,615,189 times
Quote:
I am not angry because of the poll. People created fake accounts to win this poll so that there would be more votes towards the Southern accent. Outside of CD people will find the Southern accent unattractive, so I am not vexed.

You don't think it's similar to people creating fake accounts to make southern cities look bad? Personally, I really don't care which accent is better, I have no problems with girls......next subject plz

Old 10-07-2009, 03:59 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,833,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
That accent was a turn off. I think NO have the best accents.

YouTube - Mia X Interview - thugplay.com

Houston women also have sexy accents:

YouTube - TroubleSum on Bush, McCain, Obama + the need for change
That girl does not speak in the typical Houston dialect. In fact she sounds more like someone who might be from the outskirts.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:04 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
I am not angry because of the poll. People created fake accounts to win this poll so that there would be more votes towards the Southern accent. Outside of CD people will find the Southern accent unattractive, so I am not vexed.
It's a conspiracy!

How absurd...who would care enough to do such a thing - well, besides you I mean?

Old 10-07-2009, 04:04 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
That accent was a turn off. I think NO have the best accents.

YouTube - Mia X Interview - thugplay.com

Houston women also have sexy accents:

YouTube - TroubleSum on Bush, McCain, Obama + the need for change
That's your opinion, its not to me, Mia X's voice was very annoying, I didn't hear an accent in the second one but her voice was nice.

I like Trina's accent.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:05 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,199,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
That girl does not speak in the typical Houston dialect. In fact she sounds more like someone who might be from the outskirts.
True. She probably from the northside. However, she just talks more proper. Not all Houstonians sound the same.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:17 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,833,569 times
Quote:
True. She probably from the northside. However, she just talks more proper. Not all Houstonians sound the same.
By north side you mean like Spring/Atascocita right?

I was thinking she was probably from somewhere like Sugar Land or Pasadena.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlock2513 View Post
That's true b/c I'd rather hear a girl from Boston talk as opposed to a NY girl or whatever she sounds like....
I wouldn't but that's you opinion.

Old 10-07-2009, 04:53 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times
Quote:
You got the accent, but is unattractive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Ugh, no thanks. Nothing attractive about the way southern guys speak. Most girls I know can't stand the accents. We all prefer British accents

So I guess this must just be on the internet huh? Because when I am up north and talking to real people, not online aliases , people always comment on my accent, and the girls always say its sexy. And to be honest I really dont have a GA accent, my moms from Philly and my pops from the Chi so my real accent is a mix of their accents. But when I go up north I flex or put on extra hard and put on a GA accent just because it gets me play. I go out of my way to say things like "right chere" or "shawty" knowing good and dang well I dont talk like that at the crib all because I know if I put on the GA accent its easy to get laid up top. All this online hate towards the south exists only online because when Im up in Philly, DC, Jersey City or NYC I get shown nothing but love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
...Nice how you assume we all say "yo son" We're not all from the hood here. A lot of girls from the hood don't even talk like that. Take it from me, who teaches kids in the hood. And nycricanpapi can agree since he grew up in the south Bronx.
Yeah call on NYCRicanpapi to back you up, your viewpoints are suspect anyway. After you said that people in NYC rock Enyce and Rocawear in 2009 I look at every thing you say like . When I go up to NYC to hit up Fulton Street in BK or SoHo to go shopping I dont see any stores selling that stuff and I see nobody wearing that stuff. And we stopped wearing Enyce and RW in the A waaay back in 2004-5, so Im pretty sure you all stopped rockin it before then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City