Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2009, 09:05 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,527,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
B

Link? Because I'm pretty sure the Cowboys only started rising in value was when the stadium was being built/opened. Usually any team that builds a new stadium/arena goes up in ranking like those.
They were actually third. They were second behind the Redskins. But there won't be anyone passing the Cowboys for a while. Maybe the Giants. Maybe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 09:22 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,973,740 times
Quote:
But Schaub has been doing that. He doesn't gunsling the ball like Romo, Cutler, or Favre do. That's why he is lower on INTs this year. Remember, this is his third year as a full starter. He has gotten better EVERY SINGLE year. Unlike a player like Romo. And because our running game is nonexistent? That's a part of it, but Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady didn't exactly break all of those passing records because they had a powerful running game.

And, I don't know why it would tell you that. We've had two goalline carries in which Chris Brown couldn't run it in and half of our O-Line looked like turtles on the back of their shells.

This Sunday's effort is definitely not our peak. Especially offensively (they scored more points in the Titan game earlier in the season).

And Benson isn't a premier back? He definitely has been showing the naysayers wrong since the middle of last season. Dude has been on fire! First RB to rush for over 100 yards against the Ravens in 39 games. Benson has been playing MUCH BETTER than Marion Barber, LJ, and LT. Adrian Peterson runs over everybody and Ray Rice is a clone of Maurice Jones-Drew (who the Texans faced, before acquiring the run-stopper Bernard Pollard).

Did you not see where I posted that the run defense has held the opposing team to an average of 46 YPG (the past three games)? .
I realize that the run defense has been effective in the past three games. But which of those teams had a running back even equal to [much less, better] than Benson. Drew Jones was about as close as it gets. They dont really have to face any dominate backs in the regular season other than maybe Steven Jackson, but he is doing horrible so far this season, so they should be able to remain effective against the run in the regular season. Now if they ever get a wildcard, or make the playoffs, they can probably hang it up.

But good points, and in all honesty I can only respect you for continuing to be onboard with them through all of these disappointing seasons, at least for me they have been disappointing.. Especially last year's. Cant lie, I hopped off the bandwagon after last season.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:46 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
They were actually third. They were second behind the Redskins. But there won't be anyone passing the Cowboys for a while. Maybe the Giants. Maybe.
Yeah, definitely the Giants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
I realize that the run defense has been effective in the past three games. But which of those teams had a running back even equal to [much less, better] than Benson. Drew Jones was about as close as it gets. They dont really have to face any dominate backs in the regular season other than maybe Steven Jackson, but he is doing horrible so far this season, so they should be able to remain effective against the run in the regular season. Now if they ever get a wildcard, or make the playoffs, they can probably hang it up.
They're facing Frank Gore this Sunday. That's probably the most elite back, but they also have to face MJD again (who torched them Week 3). But the entire defense has stepped up. Just that the run defense is the most notable difference.

Quote:
But good points, and in all honesty I can only respect you for continuing to be onboard with them through all of these disappointing seasons, at least for me they have been disappointing.. Especially last year's. Cant lie, I hopped off the bandwagon after last season.
They're my team.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Well. the thing with the Giants is that they share their profits and revenues from the stadium with the Jets. So it's not actually a definitely at all. Even when Dallas was in Texas Stadium, they were higher than the Giants.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:49 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,737,240 times
Quote:

Wishful thinking on your part.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Well. the thing with the Giants is that they share their profits and revenues from the stadium with the Jets. So it's not actually a definitely at all. Even when Dallas was in Texas Stadium, they were higher than the Giants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
Wishful thinking on your part.
You act like you have part ownership in the Cowboys.

I really don't care who is the second most valuable franchise. All I'm saying is the Giants DEFINITELY have the better chance of passing up the Cowboys with their new stadium. Especially if they get naming rights from one of the big NYC companies.

Houston is tenth by the way with $1.2 billion.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
You act like you have part ownership in the Cowboys.

I really don't care who is the second most valuable franchise. All I'm saying is the Giants DEFINITELY have the better chance of passing up the Cowboys with their new stadium. Especially if they get naming rights from one of the big NYC companies.

Houston is tenth by the way with $1.2 billion.

I hope your first comment wasn't to me because that's not how my post came out.

Anyway, the Giants with their current stadium vs the Cowboys with their old stadium still was below the Cowboys and Giants stadium was bigger than Texas Stadium. The Giants again has to share it's stadium with the Jets. It won't just come down to them. Also, Dallas could get a big name DFW company. How does Exxon Field sound?

Old 10-23-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I hope your first comment wasn't to me because that's not how my post came out.
Nope, it wasn't.

Quote:
Anyway, the Giants with their current stadium vs the Cowboys with their old stadium still was below the Cowboys and Giants stadium was bigger than Texas Stadium. The Giants again has to share it's stadium with the Jets. It won't just come down to them. Also, Dallas could get a big name DFW company. How does Exxon Field sound?
Exxon Field? Nasty.

Maybe AT&T or something. And true about the Jets. They come in right behind the Giants in revenue.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Nope, it wasn't.

Exxon Field? Nasty.

Maybe AT&T or something. And true about the Jets. They come in right behind the Giants in revenue.
No better than Enron Field lol. I kinda like At&t. But honestly, I would take that number 2 place or whatever if we can name the field, Tom Landry Field. But you know it won't happen. Not on Jerrah's watch.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:40 AM

16 posts, read 68,172 times
Boy have you noticed Dallas is more urban than houston we are the 4th biggest metroplex in the united states houston is after us. so get it striaght Dallas is big we just like the trees to be green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City