Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What's your favorite top-10 largest city in North America?
Mexico City, Mexico 5 2.08%
New York, USA 93 38.75%
Los Angeles, USA 27 11.25%
Chicago, USA 54 22.50%
Toronto, Canada 33 13.75%
Havana, Cuba 3 1.25%
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic 3 1.25%
Houston, USA 19 7.92%
Guadalajara, Mexico 3 1.25%
Ecatepec, Mexico 0 0%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 11:46 PM

145 posts, read 687,638 times

Advertisements

i wanna know why people are realy complaining about LA's mountains. the mountains dont make it a good city at all. if it did then anchorage would top everybody by far:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 11:56 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboo<3seattle<3 View Post
the mountains dont make it a good city at all.
Your right. Having hills and mountains just SUCKS.

Being flat is wwwwaaaayyyyy cooler.

LOL

Old 11-09-2009, 11:59 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,343,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyboo<3seattle<3 View Post
i wanna know why people are realy complaining about LA's mountains. the mountains dont make it a good city at all. if it did then anchorage would top everybody by far:
The mountains are what make Anchorage beautiful. I think in terms of natural setting, it is one of the best. Now can you imagine putting Anchorage in Florida or anywhere along the Gulf Coast or even the Atlantic?

Old 11-10-2009, 01:39 AM

79 posts, read 92,040 times
The comparison between New York and Toronto just does. not. compute.

As far as I'm concerned, Toronto is a farm if once wishes to compare it to New York.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:50 AM

79 posts, read 92,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
However, I voted Toronto. It's like a cleaner and safer version of NYC.
This constant comparison between Toronto and New York City just does. not. compute.

As far as I'm concerned, Toronto is a farm if one wishes to compare it to New York. A better comparison to Toronto would be Philadelphia or Chicago.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:45 AM

37,131 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGTSS View Post
This constant comparison between Toronto and New York City just does. not. compute.

As far as I'm concerned, Toronto is a farm if one wishes to compare it to New York. A better comparison to Toronto would be Philadelphia or Chicago.
The comparisons probably stem from both of them being the financial capitals (but not actual capitals) and largest cities/metros/corridors of their respective countries (countries that are actually right next to each other and fairly similar save for weather, out-of-control crime stats, health care and population size). That's probably the bulk of it.

There's also the both having very diverse populations, extensive mass transit systems, and many walkable neighborhoods. The big differences between Toronto and NYC is influence, size, and quality of life. Toronto gives you a lot better living in general, but living in NYC means living in NYC.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:37 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The comparisons probably stem from both of them being the financial capitals (but not actual capitals) and largest cities/metros/corridors of their respective countries (countries that are actually right next to each other and fairly similar save for weather, out-of-control crime stats, health care and population size). That's probably the bulk of it.

There's also the both having very diverse populations, extensive mass transit systems, and many walkable neighborhoods. The big differences between Toronto and NYC is influence, size, and quality of life. Toronto gives you a lot better living in general, but living in NYC means living in NYC.

totally agree. my brother lives in toronto. its the closest thing to nyc in canada. but that's about it.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:14 PM

42 posts, read 224,834 times
Personally I prefer Chicago and New York. Toronto is good too. I voted Chicago because of how clean it is. If you walk around Chicago, you get this sense of excitement and modernism. Same with New York. Los Angeles is still good, but I prefer less pollution, and greener mountains.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:48 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Going back to the orginal poll..Why is Ecatepec, Mexico on there?

Old 12-14-2009, 03:06 PM

184 posts, read 571,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Going back to the orginal poll..Why is Ecatepec, Mexico on there?

I have no idea why.... I'm guessing maybe the OP was born there or something...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City