Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which skyscraper is more unique?
Dallas "Fountain" 35 68.63%
Houston "Williams Tower" 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 03:55 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,929,248 times

Advertisements

sorry guys, neither tower is good looking. I would have voted for the Williams tower though because it looks less tacky and was named after me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2010, 03:59 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
sorry guys, neither tower is good looking. I would have voted for the Williams tower though because it looks less tacky and was named after me
Are you serious, Fountain Place is beautiful.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
Are you serious, Fountain Place is beautiful.
I don't like the design of either of them

Fountain place is more unique yes, but tacky.

Williams Tower is rather plain jane

Old 07-07-2010, 04:07 PM

Quote:

Williams Tower is rather plain jane
Tacky.........WOW.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:10 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Quote:

Tacky and Fountain Place don't belong in the same sentence. It's almost like an oxymoron.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C2H (ComingtoHouston) View Post
Tacky and Fountain Place don't belong in the same sentence. It's almost like an oxymoron.
sorry just my opinion. It would be actually mean if I post what I think it looks like, but I am not a fan of the shape

Its very creative, very unique, very different, but very tacky. Kinda like Liberace.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:45 PM

2,930 posts, read 5,269,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo5110 View Post
Oh lawdy. The majority of Houston survives just fine w/out zoning and uses ordinances instead (i.e an establishment that sells alcohol can't be within 1000 feet of a school...I don't know if that measurement is true but that ordinance does exist). Yes, it creates some problems BUT it's also created three beautiful skylines :-)
Downtown

Uptown...from the "sky lobby" (read: viewing area) on the 60th floor of the Chase Bank Tower

TMC from a plane...

In the pic of the TMC, a new building was added shortly behind the one w/ the "bowl" shape at the top in the bottom left. It's now the Methodist Hospital Outpatient Center:
And those photos are actually kind of dated now. The one of downtown does't show the new Main Place building or Hess/Discovery Tower, One Park Place or the new Embassy Suites under construction which has formed a mini addtion to downtown Houston's massive skyline. The photo of the TX Medical center also doesn't show the new Out Patient Center and the several new Hospitals constructed over the last couple of years.(But i see you included a photo of the newly constructed building). Uptown, well, it hasn't changed.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 PM

571 posts, read 1,281,440 times
Yeah...there's a thread about how the galleria is starting to show it's age....i feel an overhaul tinglin' in muh toes...maybe throw a Barney's New York in there for good measure, eh ladarron? ;-)

Uptown really is just begging for a super tall to be built around there to balance out the Williams Tower

Old 07-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Oh lawdy. The majority of Houston survives just fine w/out zoning and uses ordinances instead (i.e an establishment that sells alcohol can't be within 1000 feet of a school...I don't know if that measurement is true but that ordinance does exist). Yes, it creates some problems BUT it's also created three beautiful skylines :-)
Downtown

Uptown...from the "sky lobby" (read: viewing area) on the 60th floor of the Chase Bank Tower

TMC from a plane...

In the pic of the TMC, a new building was added shortly behind the one w/ the "bowl" shape at the top in the bottom left. It's now the Methodist Hospital Outpatient Center:
I was joking.

Old 07-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Yeah...there's a thread about how the galleria is starting to show it's age....i feel an overhaul tinglin' in muh toes...maybe throw a Barney's New York in there for good measure, eh ladarron? ;-)

Uptown really is just begging for a super tall to be built around there to balance out the Williams Tower
Isn't there already a Barneys in the Galleria?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City