Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Charlotte vs. Orlando
Charlotte 66 50.77%
Orlando 64 49.23%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 04:43 PM

2,856 posts, read 4,615,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Unless you like attractions for 10 year olds and eating at chain restaurants I do not see anything special about Orlando's dining and entertainment.
Why do you dislike Florida so much? It seems as if every time someone post something about Orlando or Tampa you bring up negative statistics or pictures about those cities to try to change people's mind. However, as soon as someone say something negative about Philadelphia or NJ, you dig deep into the internet and find facts to persuade people the other way. If you hate Florida so much why bother to event comment on the state because everything you say is negative and it really gets old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 05:09 PM

4,194 posts, read 11,689,173 times
Quote:
Unless you like attractions for 10 year olds and eating at chain restaurants I do not see anything special about Orlando's dining and entertainment.
I guess you haven't experienced everything Orlando has to offer then.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:24 PM

44 posts, read 49,974 times
Quote:
Same can be said about Charlotte they are full of chain restaurants whats your point. Orlando does offer more nightlife after theme parks are closed. Lots of ADults go to Islands of adventures wet and wild and universal studios. Get it together sir your going out your way to dismiss Orlando its not cute.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:25 PM

44 posts, read 49,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS2010 View Post
Jobs are scarce everywhere, but good jobs do exist in Orlando. Because the unemployment rate in Orlando is a few percentage points higher than what it is in Charlotte doesn't mean Orlando is so much worse than Charlotte to live a good life. My parents have good jobs, a lot of people have good jobs here and there are a lot of nice areas to raise kids in. btw recreational options are factors for determining quality of life.

Charlotte has good entertainment, dinning and shopping too, Orlando's is just better. And good jobs do exist in Orlando along with nice areas to raise families, there is just more opportunity in Charlotte at the time. It just depends on what you want. Not everyone is moving to a city to start a family.

But if I already had a job lined up, I would pick Orlando because many communities exist in metro Orlando with good schools and low crime to raise families, then you have all the recreational options that comes with living in Orlando.

well last tuime I checked Charlotte unemployment rate was at 12.8 percent thats high for a city thats supposed to have the better economy

Old 03-21-2010, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVuttion22 View Post
well last tuime I checked Charlotte unemployment rate was at 12.8 percent thats high for a city thats supposed to have the better economy
Wow you're right, I didn't know that. Orlando's is at 12.4. Looks like more people are jobless in Charlotte than in Orlando.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:36 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times
Quote:
There is so much more to Orlando then just the amusement parks (which are not just for kids by the way). You have obviously failed to realize that. You have, what I like to call, "Hate Goggles". When you visit or live in an area you dislike, instead of looking at the positive in an area, you only see the nagative, even if the positive outweighs the negative, causing bias and sometimes even FALSE judgments.

There is nothing wrong with disliking a place. There is something wrong however with lying, exaggerating, and/or generalizing about that place to justify why you dislike it.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:45 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisVuttion22 View Post
Compare the number of Fortune 500 companies of each city.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:52 PM

2,413 posts, read 5,747,685 times
Quote:
Compare the number of Fortune 500 companies of each city.
So the employment rates are not in your argument's favor, so you find something else.

Last edited by CaseyB; 03-21-2010 at 06:20 PM..

Old 03-21-2010, 05:55 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
So the employment rates are not in your argument's favor, so you find something else .
We were speaking about quality jobs not Disney min. wage jobs.

Old 03-21-2010, 05:58 PM

there are plenty of good/decent paying jobs outside of disney. Disney is the largest single employer in the Nation so of course is going to be the largest single employer in Orlando. That doesn't mean that there isn't thousands of other good paying jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City