Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 05:44 PM

79 posts, read 144,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleverfield View Post
Oberlin is not a University.
You're right. My point is that CWRU can be considered among a group of top post secondary educational institutions in Ohio, but that it's not clearly THE best in Ohio

Old 01-11-2014, 06:02 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,131,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali1976 View Post
You're right. My point is that CWRU can be considered among a group of top post secondary educational institutions in Ohio, but that it's not clearly THE best in Ohio
I don't think that's so clear. Maybe there are challengers for top undergrad school in Ohio, but as far as grad school, Case is pretty much unrivaled, with the best engineering, medical schools on the state, and among the top business and law schools as well.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:17 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,280,201 times
Quote:
Using the infallible USNews rankings, Oberlin is the best college and CWRU is the best university, and both are nationally prestigious in their respective categories. That's +2 for Greater Cleveland.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:19 PM

3,281 posts, read 6,280,201 times
Quote:
I don't think that's so clear. Maybe there are challengers for top undergrad school in Ohio, but as far as grad school, Case is pretty much unrivaled, with the best engineering, medical schools on the state, and among the top business and law schools as well.
I won't debate your undergrad point, but I do think that Ohio State gives CWRU a very serious challenge on the graduate level in terms of depth and breadth of programs. This is to be expected, of course, because of OSU's role as the lone public flagship in Ohio.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clevelander17 View Post
I won't debate your undergrad point, but I do think that Ohio State gives CWRU a very serious challenge on the graduate level in terms of depth and breadth of programs. This is to be expected, of course, because of OSU's role as the lone public flagship in Ohio.
I think OSU attracts a wider and better talent pool than CWRU, purely due to its nations recognition (and CWRUs lack). OSU obviously has a lot of average students due to its size, but I'd say OSU is on par with CWRU.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:37 PM

3,415 posts, read 5,131,436 times
Quote:
I think OSU attracts a wider and better talent pool than CWRU, purely due to its nations recognition (and CWRUs lack). OSU obviously has a lot of average students due to its size, but I'd say OSU is on par with CWRU.
Again:
Cali's perceptions....................................... ......reality.

Case's med school and engineering school are widely recognized by people in that field as excellent. Maybe not the average lay person, but the people in those fields definitely know it.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Again:
Cali's perceptions....................................... ......reality.

Case's med school and engineering school are widely recognized by people in that field as excellent. Maybe not the average lay person, but the people in those fields definitely know it.
Are you in either of those professions? Because I'm in one of them, and I know the perceptions of different schools. CWRU and OSU are not considered different reputation wise. In fact, CWRU is similar to RPI near Albany...a school that was once an engineering powerhouse that is now not so much.

Old 01-11-2014, 07:26 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,463,801 times
Quote:
Are you in either of those professions? Because I'm in one of them, and I know the perceptions of different schools. CWRU and OSU are not considered different reputation wise. In fact, CWRU is similar to RPI near Albany...a school that was once an engineering powerhouse that is now not so much.
I'm hoping you're an engineer and not a doctor because God knows it's troubling to think about someone depending on your knowledge for their life. ("No, no, no need to run any tests, it just feels to me like this medicine will cure you.")

But then again, I also hope you haven't designed any bridges.

Lose. Lose. Glad I don't live in Cali.

Last edited by bjimmy24; 01-11-2014 at 07:47 PM..

Old 01-11-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjimmy24 View Post
I'm hoping you're an engineer and not a doctor because God knows it's troubling to think about someone depending on your knowledge for their life. ("No, no, no need to run any tests, it just feels to me like this medicine will cure you.")

But then again, I also hope you haven't designed any bridges.

Lose. Lose. Glad I don't live in Cali.
School teacher. A middle class profession for the B- student

Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 PM

11,063 posts, read 12,463,801 times
Quote:
School teacher. A middle class profession for the B- student
Except I'm not a school teacher.

Not true anyway. Even if it were true, doesn't change the fact you're probably horrible at whatever it is you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland