Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2015, 01:34 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbwc View Post
My wife is on board.

Of course, she is from NW PA, has not been transplanted to CA, and we would not winter in Ohio.
NW PA is worse than Cleveland as far as snow! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,505 times
She is allowing me to show her Rocky River items tonight..parks, library, homes, etc.

She said, "There is no way we are making our kids leave SB and move there, but retirement could be OK."

Old 03-02-2015, 08:55 PM

372 posts, read 593,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherdad View Post
CityMama and others..

Last night I pointed out something about R. River to my wife, "I will never move to Ohio. I lived there in 3rd grade. It's not for me."

My reply: "That was the Dayton area 42 years ago! It's not the same. You are judging it by the same stereotype that others use. There is SO MUCH more we can do for the money (activities)." I then broke into my MetroPark speech, libraries, art, the lake (she loves water), museums, rec centers, etc.

Her reply: "OK, we can check it out this summer."

Tide is turning?

With the sale of your house in SB, you will be able to make winters comfortable for her. Hire a plow service, have a nice mudroom, get some really good winter gear. I love the day to day living in Rocky River. Every amenity I need is super close yet I'm not boxed in a development surrounded by strip malls. I can walk everywhere and in the summer, we often take after dinner walks to the beach. If I can figure out how to post a beach sunset, I will.

I LOVE Santa Barbara, but I completely understand why you'd want to make the switch. My In-Laws moved from Detroit to the Bay Area when my husband was young. They've said numerous times that they'll never move back to winter, ever.

Old 03-02-2015, 08:59 PM

8,826 posts, read 15,314,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
NW PA is worse than Cleveland as far as snow! :-)
Exactly. That's why she doesn't think it's a bad idea. Plus we wouldn't have to stay in Cleveland for the winters.

We think DC area winters are a cakewalk in comparison.

Old 03-02-2015, 09:17 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,146,505 times
CityMama, I could not sell my home here. I can rent it for $3500 per month! If I sold it, I'd be afraid that the equity would slowly be used. If I can net $2700 per month from that rental, then I can sub or work somewhere just enough for another 2k per month or so and that should suffice. In 10 years, my retirement will kick in at 3400 per month for life.

I have my towel business and the grows slightly every year as well.

Will be there in June to check out Rocky R, parks, museums, etc.

Old 03-05-2015, 09:58 AM

8,826 posts, read 15,314,403 times
This place is intriguing. Could be neat, but I'm not sold on the stained glass Jesus overlooking the master bed. What's the neighborhood like?

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...9-15329?row=45

And this
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...4-33117?row=57

It's fun to look, although I think renting would be ideal.

Last edited by tgbwc; 03-05-2015 at 10:10 AM..

Old 03-05-2015, 01:57 PM

1,135 posts, read 1,835,238 times
Don't know about the 2nd, but the first is nice. It's a nice area of CH with proximity to Case, Little Italy, and UC. I lived in the area while they were remodeling the church and always thought it was a fun idea. There are some other nice condos in the area as well as some multi-family homes that a lot of grad students live in. Fairly close to Coventry as well.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:00 AM

6 posts, read 10,102 times
hello every one . This is Rambo . I am moving to Cleveland this summer . I am planning to buy house in Cleveland . I will be working at CCF. Cleveland clinic foundation . I am looking for buying a house. I am looking at beach wood area , university heights . One thing I noticed that house prices is really cheap in those area . DO any one has clue what it is so. i am wondering is it because of poor economy or those area and not good to live in . I am a young profession and my wife is a young professional too . I am looking for some night life, close by shopping, dining and thing like that. Can any one please suggest some other places to live .

thanks

Old 03-19-2015, 11:10 AM

11,610 posts, read 10,424,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambojani View Post
hello every one . This is Rambo . I am moving to Cleveland this summer . I am planning to buy house in Cleveland . I will be working at CCF. Cleveland clinic foundation . I am looking for buying a house. I am looking at beach wood area , university heights . One thing I noticed that house prices is really cheap in those area . DO any one has clue what it is so. i am wondering is it because of poor economy or those area and not good to live in . I am a young profession and my wife is a young professional too . I am looking for some night life, close by shopping, dining and thing like that. Can any one please suggest some other places to live .

thanks
Beachwood isn't cheap compared to other areas in Cleveland.

Also perhaps check out Cleveland Hts. (very convenient for the CCF main campus), Mayfield Hts., Highland Heights, or Willoughby, if you want to buy a house.

If entertainment/restaurants are an emphasis, perhaps also consider Ohio City and Tremont. Lakewood also is a possibility.

Read through this thread and several others in this forum for much more information.

You didn't mention schools, the quality of which is a concern for many persons relocating here.

Old 03-20-2015, 04:07 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,281,289 times
Some east side nightlife is Coventry section of Cleveland Heights.. And a little bit in University Circle/Little Italy.

Downtown holds much of the nightlife in Cleveland.

Why Beachwood specifically? The shopping?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland