Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 08:42 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,208,139 times

Advertisements

I spent most of 2006 in Cleveland, leaving there for good in September 2006. At that time, many plans were anticipated for the Warehouse District, Avenue District, Lakefront and The Flats.

Since it has been a year and a half since I last saw the city, I was wondering how those projects are coming along. I know that the Euclid Corridor was having a lot of work, but it seemed these other areas were signs only, with no bulldozing taking place.

Has significant progress been made over the past year and a half?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 PM

3,844 posts, read 9,279,817 times
Sure, I'd love to:

1) Avenue District: Two blocks of the townhomes are built (with people living in the first block), 12th street tower has topped off at 10 stories...first residents scheduled for this august/september.

2) Flats: West bank has one more 12 story building and a few more stores open around it's base. East bank is about 80% bulldozed and construction is planned to begin this year.

3) Warehouse District: Still waiting on Stark's word...but he did move his headquarters from the suburbs to the warehouse district downtown late last year, so progress is hopefully looming.

4) Lakefront: Should be coupled with later phases of east bank flats/warehouse district in some parts. Overall, still a couple decades away. The plan has been approved to relocate the entire port to E. 55, but that will take about 20 years.

5) Euclid Corridor: Coming along now ahead of the Dec 31st schedule. Should be fully completed by Oct/Nov of this year. The completed sections look amazing!

Also, here's a link that sums up most of Cleveland's new construction projects: CLEVELAND | Project Rundown - SkyscraperPage Forum

Last edited by costello_musicman; 04-14-2008 at 09:41 PM..

Old 04-14-2008, 09:44 PM

Thanks for the information.

What is planned for the East Bank of the Flats? Is the Federal Government still anticipated to be a major tenant of the office space planned for the Flats area?

Stark originally had anticipated something pretty grand for the Warehouse District, is he still keeping his original plans? Any word on his funding status?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:02 PM

There's a rendering of the East Bank Flats in the link I posted. They have a few major office tenants (Eaton Corp, Ernst and Young). Not sure of the government offices you're talking about, but the County is still looking for new office space. They'll probably go with Stark over the Flats is my best guess. The Flats will mostly be residental though: 400 units (I think?) movie theater, Bernie Kosar Steakhouse, large grocery store, small retail.

I'm pretty sure Phase 1 of Stark's project has not changed in scope. But details have been mostly rumors and non-factual news stories for the past few months.

Old 04-14-2008, 10:16 PM

Glad to see the Avenue District finally going up, they really need to extend downtown towards the east side. Hopefully, between this and the Euclid Corridor, they can spruce up the eastern side of downtown.

Is the Avenue District anticipated to have any impact on reviving Galleria at Erieview?

Old 04-14-2008, 10:30 PM

You're lucky I keep randomly updating this page!

No residental around it/downtown in the early days was definitely a major reason for it's decline. Galleria is sort of a funny thing nowadays. It has become (cool in my opinion) home to sports radio headquarters, hungarian heritage musuem, and most recently, straight up office space for the new Dollar Bank headquarters. Other than that it is composed of a busy food quart and specialy/gallery shops.

The only pictures I can find are the last three in this link:
CLEVELAND - A breath of fresh air!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:29 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Thanks for the information.

What is planned for the East Bank of the Flats? Is the Federal Government still anticipated to be a major tenant of the office space planned for the Flats area?

Stark originally had anticipated something pretty grand for the Warehouse District, is he still keeping his original plans? Any word on his funding status?
Yes, 2009 looks great for the Warehouse District!

Old 04-16-2008, 03:31 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Construction webcam:
.:: The Avenue District ::. (broken link)

Also, great video. Scroll to bottom of the page where it says movie:
.:: The Avenue District ::.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:00 PM

3,070 posts, read 11,918,593 times
There is a quiet a lot of construction going on and things being planned for Cleveland.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:53 PM

Looks like the Avenue District is making some progress. How large is it eventually expected to be, and are all of the buildings going to be multi level?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland