Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:40 AM

570 posts, read 1,820,214 times

Advertisements

An area I would avoid is around 276th street of Euclid Ave by the Willow Arms apartments. I think they are projects, I don't know. I use to visit my cousin when she lived over there and it was horrible. She now lives near Lakeshore near the lake and that is a very nice area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 07:08 PM

3 posts, read 16,623 times
I wouldnt say that Euclid is quite "hood" yet, but I'd certainly say that its on its way. I think that in the 6 years that Euclid in general has made absolutely made NO progress whatsoever. Euclid's school system goes down steadily, but yet recieved a c on the state report card. The school and all around population is making a turn for he worst. As far as other neighborhoods go, euclid is not liked at all. for example at panther football games there are at least a solid 3 fights, euclid has problems with neighborhoods such as, warrensville, bedford, maple, shaker, glenville(we no longer play them), shaw(our final year playing them) and cleveland heights(we no longer play them). Gang activity in this "suburb" is going up steadily. gangs mainly consist of areas like 195th, 193rd, 197th, and the Willo neighborhood. It would also be smart to stay out of areas such as 222 (apartments kenwood, blisswood). On a brighter note euclid is good location. Minutes from I-90 and 271. which means convinient location to downtown and to all of the malls on the eastside. If you want to live in a really nice part of euclid I'd say head for 260th and all of the lakefront properties. in general euclid is not a reeeeeeeally smart choice of place to move= too close to east cleveland/cleveland some of the neighborhoods really show it. Euclid will be considered hood in 7 years max. Go anywhere around town and you will be bashed from being from euclid, why? just the way it is. its really a better choice to move to a more flourishing area, (willowick, richmond hts, highland hts).euclid is caught somewhere between just urban, small suburb and hood. food4thought

Old 02-12-2009, 07:08 AM

3 posts, read 15,838 times
I stay off of 185th which is the border of Cleveland/Euclid and I have to say is...WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKIN???? Down by 185th all I have seen is Blood Gang graffiti and walkin towards E 222nd is Rollin 20s Crip territory...Not to mention that 185th also claims Lakeshore Blvd. which only makes things alot worse....

Old 02-14-2009, 11:57 AM

2,367 posts, read 7,653,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clekid View Post
I wouldnt say that Euclid is quite "hood" yet, but I'd certainly say that its on its way. I think that in the 6 years that Euclid in general has made absolutely made NO progress whatsoever. Euclid's school system goes down steadily, but yet recieved a c on the state report card. The school and all around population is making a turn for he worst. As far as other neighborhoods go, euclid is not liked at all. for example at panther football games there are at least a solid 3 fights, euclid has problems with neighborhoods such as, warrensville, bedford, maple, shaker, glenville(we no longer play them), shaw(our final year playing them) and cleveland heights(we no longer play them). Gang activity in this "suburb" is going up steadily. gangs mainly consist of areas like 195th, 193rd, 197th, and the Willo neighborhood. It would also be smart to stay out of areas such as 222 (apartments kenwood, blisswood). On a brighter note euclid is good location. Minutes from I-90 and 271. which means convinient location to downtown and to all of the malls on the eastside. If you want to live in a really nice part of euclid I'd say head for 260th and all of the lakefront properties. in general euclid is not a reeeeeeeally smart choice of place to move= too close to east cleveland/cleveland some of the neighborhoods really show it. Euclid will be considered hood in 7 years max. Go anywhere around town and you will be bashed from being from euclid, why? just the way it is. its really a better choice to move to a more flourishing area, (willowick, richmond hts, highland hts).euclid is caught somewhere between just urban, small suburb and hood. food4thought
I can basically agree with most of the things you siad in your post. I was born in Euclid and lived there for 13 years. I like my hometown, theres good and theres bad in it. I lived in the East. 200th street projects when I was a little kid but I don't remember that really. I heard that some of the buildings were rough and some weren't that bad, but they tore those down. Good things about Euclid is that its close to the lake, theres alot of cool little shops around town, nice architecture around town, nice street layout, located by alot of nice towns, easy to get to downtown Cleveland from Euclid, still alot of good neighborhoods aroundd town, the crime rate isn't really that high yet, doesn't have the decay of Clevelands bad neighborhoods. Bad things are low rated schools, bad reputation, some bad neighborhoods spread around town, alot of declining neighborhoods around town. Overall I'd say there is more good to the city than bad but there is definetly noticable decline in the city.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:50 AM

44 posts, read 115,880 times
We recently talked to a realtor about selling our house in Mentor. The realtor said "be glad you do not live in Euclid...you could not give your house away". It might be an exageration but the point is well made.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 AM

56 posts, read 187,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Kid Ace View Post
I stay off of 185th which is the border of Cleveland/Euclid and I have to say is...WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKIN???? Down by 185th all I have seen is Blood Gang graffiti and walkin towards E 222nd is Rollin 20s Crip territory...Not to mention that 185th also claims Lakeshore Blvd. which only makes things alot worse....

Wow. Uh yeah I grew up on 185th my parents still stay over there, I still go to Juniors wing house, and get my haircut at one of the thousand barber shops. That street is the best and always will be. I'm pissed maxims is gone but hey thats life. Crips and Bloods??? HAHAHAH that is high school Bull ish nothing real just little wannabes. The old world festival is still nice, at least during the day lol. All these little hoolies aren't gonna ruin nothing.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:54 PM

7 posts, read 20,315 times
Angry Euclid has gone downhill, and is still going this very direction

Quote:
Originally Posted by pope47 View Post
They should stop besmearching the town. It is a great place to live., I have been there over 20 years and would not trade it.
I support the statement that Euclid is on the decline, and my proof is sitting at the Euclid Police Department. I disagree that there are only a few crime problems. I've lived there for a long time, and tell you what, this city is sliding downhill. I had my purse snatched while on a grocery shopping. Then someone broke into my place and stole a few electronics, including a laptop, an external hard drive, a digital camera, and a flip cell phone. My neighbor next door was robbed as well. And a whole bunch of others in my neighborhood. Zip codes 44123 and 44132 are not safe at all. Imagine leaving your place for a couple of hours, and discover that your laptop is gone, upon return. I might become a victim of an identity theft, due to all the info stored on it. The backup is gone as well. Have to reconstruct everything from zero.

Is this what you call a good city? I wish that the police would've informed us better, instead of having to learn from the others in the same situation. For some reason, Euclid police crime statistics were not updated ever since June last year, but by no means this should imply that the crime has stopped at that time.

I used to live in South Euclid and Cleveland Heights years ago - these areas are much safer. I am still talking to some friends who live there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Can someone delete this ridiculous post.
There was one murder in Euclid last year and 12 in the past 10 years.
I think North Olmsted has had more then that.
I don't know where you got your stats from, but according to the Euclid Police Dept site, there has been 30 dead bodies/D.O.A. found in Euclid in 2012. Where do you think they came from?

Do NOT delete the post about being murdered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrogg View Post
We recently talked to a realtor about selling our house in Mentor. The realtor said "be glad you do not live in Euclid...you could not give your house away". It might be an exageration but the point is well made.
Your realtor is absolutely right. Some houses around my neighborhood were sold for $5,000 - can you believe that? I was shocked when I heard about it; it's a public record.

Last edited by spoonyfork69; 01-13-2013 at 09:10 PM.. Reason: Adding more info

Old 01-13-2013, 09:55 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,779 times
Euclid is certainly having serious troubles, but I find it VERY hard to believe there were 30 murders in 2012. There are only like 45,000 people there.

Old 01-13-2013, 10:50 PM

1,046 posts, read 1,535,125 times
I remember speaking to a K-mart employee at the one in Euclid before it closed and they said they they had to close because buisness could not be sustained due to theft. I'd love to compare theft records of Walmart in Eastlake (where those former K-mart shoppers now go) to theft of merchandise at the Mentor Walmart. I'm not sure why someone would recommend living in the apartments along the lake in Euclid. I had a friend who lived at Watergate and told me he saw someone pissing in the elevator lol! If you
want an honest take on those apartments, just google apartmentratings dot com and look at the reviews for those apartments. Run, run far and fast from there! Sad to see my old hometown of Eastlake following in the footsteps of Euclid.

And then ofcourse there's this little gem:
WEWS TV 5 - Car Crash - Shoregate Towers Willowick Ohio 4/21/2010 - YouTube

Old 01-13-2013, 11:00 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,859,485 times
Hard to believe that.

2010 = 2 homicides
2011 = 2 homicides
2012 full year data pdf not yet available, but through June 2012 there was 1 homicide per the main website.

http://www.euclidpd.org/crime_stats/...2-year-end.pdf

The whole of Cleveland had 98 homicides in 2012 and 75 homicides in 2011:

Cleveland homicides increase in 2012 by at least 20; burglaries and arsons down

Euclid is a really awesome place in the daytime and I miss it. At night, it seems unsafe...but still, your chance of getting killed is close to zero.
Moderator cut: orphaned - the post you were quoting was removed

Last edited by Yac; 01-14-2013 at 06:14 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cleveland