Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 AM

43 posts, read 112,969 times

Advertisements

Here are the sizes from the link that JerseyJ posted:

River Real Estate: River NC Real Estate - River Property For Sale Sea Plantation&minprice=0&maxprice=999999999&citymaili ngaddress=&sortby=List_Price Asc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2012, 06:45 PM

249 posts, read 514,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach lover 2 View Post
All the talk is about St James, I was wondering if anyone has info on other plantation properties such as Arbor Creek, RiverSea ect.. Are they built up?~Thanks
Take a good look at "Winding River Plantation"
http://www.windingriverpoa.com/

It's off of 211 and very close to rt 17.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:36 AM

858 posts, read 2,992,418 times
I am surprised more folks who live at Brunswick Plantation aren't posting here. Although it is only about 40% as large as St James Plantation, I seldom see a thread on it; what's up with that?

Old 03-11-2012, 09:30 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc515 View Post
what's up with that?
Many places in Brunswick Plantation were built as rentals for golfers. I suspect there are many investment properties there, or the residents just are not contributing to this forum.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:24 PM

383 posts, read 891,465 times
Arbor Creek is the development that is located in the middle of St. James, although it is its own development and has separate amenities.

Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregg View Post
Take a good look at "Winding River Plantation"
http://www.windingriverpoa.com/
Cool. I notice that it has a private beach house at Holden's Beach. Somebody was asking about that.

Old 08-06-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Cool. I notice that it has a private beach house at Holden's Beach. Somebody was asking about that.

Yes it does.
I'm thinking of starting an official "Winding River" thread. SJP has such a thread and I think it's a good idea. A lot of useful information there.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:56 AM

68 posts, read 110,945 times
I live at Winding River and not really happy here. Yes, it does have a beautiful beach house on Holden Beach,but other then that there`s not much going on. Clubs? Not much. Birding, history,book clubs. I`ve noticed that some of the other communities have get togethers such as pot luck dinners,ice cream socials,happy hours, events for new residents to get to know people, none of that goes on at Winding River.Also it is far from every thing. I will be looking at other communities

Old 08-07-2012, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeawish3 View Post
I live at Winding River and not really happy here. Yes, it does have a beautiful beach house on Holden Beach,but other then that there`s not much going on. Clubs? Not much. Birding, history,book clubs. I`ve noticed that some of the other communities have get togethers such as pot luck dinners,ice cream socials,happy hours, events for new residents to get to know people, none of that goes on at Winding River.Also it is far from every thing. I will be looking at other communities
I was going to PM you but decided against it since others will not know what I want to ask you.

How long have you lived in WR ? I checked the owners website and they have a calendar with daily events and a list of clubs. Do you have access to that ?
WR also has community parties throughout the year.
I never seem to have trouble meeting people from the community and I don't even live there yet !!

You can PM me if you want.

Old 08-07-2012, 07:39 AM

68 posts, read 110,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dregg View Post
I was going to PM you but decided against it since others will not know what I want to ask you.

How long have you lived in WR ? I checked the owners website and they have a calendar with daily events and a list of clubs. Do you have access to that ?
WR also has community parties throughout the year.
I never seem to have trouble meeting people from the community and I don't even live there yet !!

You can PM me if you want.
I have lived here six months, yes, I have seen the calender ,not much to do compared to other communities,even Arbor Creek has more,have not seen any parties
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina