Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2009, 08:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,229 times

Advertisements

Though I have lived here for almost four years now, I have only made my way to the coast once to visit the aquarium at Kure Beach. I'm looking to plan a short vacation with my two young chidren (three years, and three months). I've tried to gather as much information as I could from the beach websites but I want the opinions of people who have gone...not just the writeup that the town gives. Ideally, I want great fireworks and a quiet beach (I'm not looking to drag two kids through large crowds of people). Typically we go to the State Fairgrounds but it's just too hectic for us. Any thoughts on a nice, peaceful vacation spot where I will be able to lay on the beach and watch fireworks over the water??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 PM

60 posts, read 188,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimballfamily View Post
Though I have lived here for almost four years now, I have only made my way to the coast once to visit the aquarium at Kure Beach. I'm looking to plan a short vacation with my two young chidren (three years, and three months). I've tried to gather as much information as I could from the beach websites but I want the opinions of people who have gone...not just the writeup that the town gives. Ideally, I want great fireworks and a quiet beach (I'm not looking to drag two kids through large crowds of people). Typically we go to the State Fairgrounds but it's just too hectic for us. Any thoughts on a nice, peaceful vacation spot where I will be able to lay on the beach and watch fireworks over the water??

Southport is a quaint little beach town which hosts the annual Fourth of July Festival. They have one of the best fireworks displays around. Oak Island is adjoining, and has very quiet beaches. There is a lot of hometown "Americana" charm going on around there. Southport does get quite crowded during the festival. However, if you are staying there, you don't have to worry about fighting the traffic to get back out. More than likely you can see the fireworks from the beach on Oak Island.

I tried to copy and paste a link for you, but it the link-making function wasn't working, and I'm computer illiterate to make my own. Try googling "Southport" and "4th of July Festival".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Coastal North Carolina