Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 03:02 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,030,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoe01 View Post
Yeah, I sure hope that means that good things are coming on D. Like Tubbs said in the article "We can't do anything but go up". He's absolutely right about that...lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 03:54 PM

2,326 posts, read 3,933,422 times
Well, the Red/Black game was today. Coaches always say that defenses should dominate these things, so what happens on the very first drive? Doege marches down the field in four or five plays for a TD.

However, the defense awakened and proceeded to get some three-and-outs against Doege's squad, and once picked him off. One particular linebacker, Will Smith (a JUCO transfer from California), was responsible for that pick, a tackle-for-loss, and a credited sack of the backup QB, Michael Brewer. He's definitely one to watch.

With my non-expert eyes, I'd say that the first-team D is way ahead of the second. The #1 offense looked pretty good, but needs polishing. Brewer also looked good, but I don't know how much of that is due to playing the backup D.

I wasn't able to make it, but apparently the weather was great. After watching the game on the internet, I think that there's a lot of work to do. At the very least, the defense is ahead of where it was a year ago.

Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 PM

^^^Will Smith sounds interesting. I'm glad to hear that the defense appears to be ahead of where it was a year ago.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
I sincerely hope Tech runs a train on Dennis Franocchio when y'all play Texas State this season.

And I say that even though my wife & oldest son are SWT grads.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I sincerely hope Tech runs a train on Dennis Franocchio when y'all play Texas State this season.

And I say that even though my wife & oldest son are SWT grads.
I would enjoy that too!...lol.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:04 PM

2,326 posts, read 3,933,422 times
Here are some podcasts (together about 15 min) from Tuberville today:

Tech Talk Interview: Tommy Tuberville - Double T 104.3

Goes into conference realignment, home-and-home scheduling with other BCS opponents, the two injured running backs' rehab progress, both the OL and DL, and other topics.

Wish I could find OC Neal Brown's interview from last Friday.

Old 05-27-2012, 09:00 AM

I hear Tech is working on their own version of the Longhorn Network, just like OU is.

Told my granddaughter, now a sophomore photo/journalism major at Tech, she ought to look into that.

Old 05-27-2012, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
I hear Tech is working on their own version of the Longhorn Network, just like OU is.

Told my granddaughter, now a sophomore photo/journalism major at Tech, she ought to look into that.
That's interesting, I haven't heard anything about that yet.

Old 05-27-2012, 06:12 PM

Check this story out:

Texas Tech could be second Big 12 school with a TV network by this fall | College Sports Blog | Sports News | News for Dallas, Texas | The Dallas Morning News

Old 05-28-2012, 11:56 AM

Interesting article ScoPro, thanks for the link! I like the direction that Tech AD Hocutt is talking about. I think it's wise not to pursue a 24-7 TV network like "Longhorn Network". Texas can get away with that but I don't think Tech has the massive fan base to pull it off successfully. Instead, Hocutt says Tech will pursue obtaining a certain number of "block TV time/hours" for certain football, basketball, and baseball games. I suppose they could work out deals in various markets that might be interested perhaps? For example, here in Abilene we have a channel called Fox Sports Plus on cable that shows certain Big 12 games not covered by other networks at times. Same thing for Fox College Sports Network. As Hocutt stated, the broadcasts themselves would be branded as "Texas Tech Athletic Productions", or "Texas Tech Athletic Channel", etc. They might be able to swing a deal like that with Fox, or maybe some other network (FX, Versus, etc.). It's an interesting idea, I guess we'll see how it all shakes out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football