Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 12:44 PM

2,141 posts, read 1,388,011 times

Advertisements

TCU

Old 07-19-2016, 07:12 PM

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/...51989652180992

Old 07-20-2016, 05:22 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post

Old 07-21-2016, 02:31 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielWayne View Post
^^^ UH has a much heigher ceiling than Baylor. Remember it's politics (Ann Richards, Lt Bullock) that got Baylor into the Big 12 in the first place. UT (yes the Horns ran the show in 1996) originally said just UT and A&M to the new Big 12 but had to backpedal when Bullock made threats. Now once Baylor was a BCS school, they received about 10-15 times the yearly revenue that UH did. Even when Baylor was winless they got 10-15 times more yearly revenue than UH. For 20 years. And that's not counting for when UT pulled down those BCS bowl games that paid a gazillion dollars to the whole conference. That is why Baylor has the nice facilities. UH has to do it the hard way, but look at what is happening. UH just pulled a few kids from TCU and A&M, and the OU-UH game is now being touted as having playoff implications - for both teams. Schools like Baylor better hope UH doesn't go P-5 where they have an -equal- opportunity to compete... i.e... a level playing field. And don't forget UH has wealthy alums, too. Tillman was quoted as saying "If Herman leaves, it won't be for the money." That's why Herman going to Baylor would be lateral, or even a step down considering the momentum UH has right now.
UH has "a much higher ceiling than Baylor"? Thats debatable.. Ahh, the good ole "Ann Richards" claim. I've never seen anything besides hearsay to substantiate that claim. But isn't it ironic that current governor Greg Abbott is pushing for the Big 12 to add UH? I guess thats totally acceptable now that its UH and not a different school? Baylor receives "10-15 times the yearly revenue" that UH athletic department makes, and has so for "20 years"? Haha, where is your proof for these made up numbers? Baylors athletic department made $106 million last year. UH's athletic department made $45 million. 10-15 times, 2.33 times, same difference, right? That revenue is why Baylor has "the nice facilities"? Funny, I was under the impression a $200 million donation had something to do with it. Not to mention the other donations for tens of millions of dollars.. Why is it so much harder for UH to get donations from the wealthy alumni that you speak of? Instead UH chose to build a high school football stadium.. You honestly think kids chose UH over TCU/A&M because of the football program (well, A&M maybe)? It couldn't possibly mean the depth at those schools is much deeper, and recruits much better, meaning they won't get nearly as much playing time/get to start sooner than later.. If UH has so many wealthy alumni then where are the donations and nice facilities? The Tilman quote is partly right though, if Herman leaves it won't just be about the money. It will also be for the prestige of the school/coaching position, the facilities, and the conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoPro View Post
Speaking of all this scandal, why is Joe Mixon still on the OU football team, and why are the Norman authorities covering up the video of his brutal assault of a female student (Amelia Molitor)? How he avoided jail is a stain on the local judicial system too. That POS wouldn't be playing for Charley no matter how good he is.

Just sayin'

Amelia Molitor:
Seriously.. The guy broke a girls face when he knocked her out, and was punished with a redshirt season. He really suffered the consequences with that one.. The covering up of the video also makes you wonder how much OU still influences the authorities in Norman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _redbird_ View Post
Pretty sad state of affairs when we spend the off season arguing about which team has the most A&B or which coach knew about sex abuse or domestic abuse.

I had to LOL at the comment about such and such team was full of rapists. Or was that on another thread.

I guess sexual assault is old news. This article below is from 2013.

40 Years of College Football's Sexual-Assault Problem | Mother Jones

I liked the good old days when we talked about Coach Bob Stoops falling off his wallet.
Right? Fans of competing teams now resort to slandering of schools over the actions of a few people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
Whats wrong with Grobe's comment? Though you were the one who claimed Baylor is a "team full of rapist", so I can't say I'm surprised you honestly believe the school has a culture of bad behavior..

Old 07-22-2016, 09:30 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
UH has "a much higher ceiling than Baylor"? Thats debatable.. Ahh, the good ole "Ann Richards" claim. I've never seen anything besides hearsay to substantiate that claim. But isn't it ironic that current governor Greg Abbott is pushing for the Big 12 to add UH? I guess thats totally acceptable now that its UH and not a different school? Baylor receives "10-15 times the yearly revenue" that UH athletic department makes, and has so for "20 years"? Haha, where is your proof for these made up numbers? Baylors athletic department made $106 million last year. UH's athletic department made $45 million. 10-15 times, 2.33 times, same difference, right? That revenue is why Baylor has "the nice facilities"? Funny, I was under the impression a $200 million donation had something to do with it. Not to mention the other donations for tens of millions of dollars.. Why is it so much harder for UH to get donations from the wealthy alumni that you speak of? Instead UH chose to build a high school football stadium.. You honestly think kids chose UH over TCU/A&M because of the football program (well, A&M maybe)? It couldn't possibly mean the depth at those schools is much deeper, and recruits much better, meaning they won't get nearly as much playing time/get to start sooner than later.. If UH has so many wealthy alumni then where are the donations and nice facilities? The Tilman quote is partly right though, if Herman leaves it won't just be about the money. It will also be for the prestige of the school/coaching position, the facilities, and the conference.

Seriously.. The guy broke a girls face when he knocked her out, and was punished with a redshirt season. He really suffered the consequences with that one.. The covering up of the video also makes you wonder how much OU still influences the authorities in Norman.

Right? Fans of competing teams now resort to slandering of schools over the actions of a few people.

Whats wrong with Grobe's comment? Though you were the one who claimed Baylor is a "team full of rapist", so I can't say I'm surprised you honestly believe the school has a culture of bad behavior..
So clearly Grobe's comments prove that Fighting Baptist U. is more obtuse than ever. Baylor should hire a PR person to help; ya'll need it for sure.

Instead of deflecting, Grobe should have said something like "Baylor University, and the sports administration in particular, have made some egregious mistakes. We are in the process of righting those wrongs. All we can do now is ask for forgiveness and promise to be better in the present and future."

To say there is no cultural problem at Baylor is uninformed/unrealistic at best, and a blatant and dodgy lie at worst.

Get with the program, Baylor. I really don't think you could drag the Big XII down more if you tried. Geez.

Again, I'm good with adding Houston, but only if it can replace Fighting Baptist U.

Old 07-23-2016, 03:18 AM

3,231 posts, read 4,565,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Catfish2008 View Post
So clearly Grobe's comments prove that Fighting Baptist U. is more obtuse than ever. Baylor should hire a PR person to help; ya'll need it for sure.

Instead of deflecting, Grobe should have said something like "Baylor University, and the sports administration in particular, have made some egregious mistakes. We are in the process of righting those wrongs. All we can do now is ask for forgiveness and promise to be better in the present and future."

To say there is no cultural problem at Baylor is uninformed/unrealistic at best, and a blatant and dodgy lie at worst.

Get with the program, Baylor. I really don't think you could drag the Big XII down more if you tried. Geez.

Again, I'm good with adding Houston, but only if it can replace Fighting Baptist U.
How do Grobe's comments prove any of that? Baylor definitely needs a decent PR team though..

Grobe has been saying that ever since he took over.. How much longer do you want him to repeat the same thing? He's not a parrot, you know?

To say that there is a cultural problem at Baylor is uninformed/unrealistic at best, and a blatant and dodgy lie at worst. Maybe you need to look up the definition of "culture"? The actions of a few people do not define the culture of an entire university.

Oh, so its somehow Baylor thats dragging the Big 12 down, not the weak, unstable conference itself? The Big 10 didn't get brought down during arguably the worst scandal in NCAA history.

Stop being so ignorant. You can't honestly believe UH replacing Baylor would make the conference stronger.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:22 AM

2011 rape added to Title IX lawsuit against Baylor, Briles, McCaw - WacoTrib.com: Higher Education

Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Grobe is just parroting what he is being told to say and is either retarded or tone deaf. But it's going to be his last fat paycheck.

The Cougar football program can at least win a major bowl game, so yes, they can elevate the Dinky Dozen on the gridiron. The other lesser sports, not so much.

Given that besides the multiple numbers of athletes raping & gang raping Baylor coeds, I'd say the fact that the scandal was being ignored & covered up by the Baylor administration, head football coach, assistant football coaches, the athletic director, the Title IX compliance officer, the Baylor BoR, the Baylor PD, the Waco, PD, and possibly the McClennan County DA's office, it's not just the actions of a "few". It is a widespread conspiracy of officials to hide what has obviously been a rape culture in the Baylor athletic department, and the student body has been aware of it for some time.

These hundreds of Baylor students & faculty in front of Starr's house knew it long ago:

Old 07-29-2016, 01:38 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,508,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
How do Grobe's comments prove any of that? Baylor definitely needs a decent PR team though..

Grobe has been saying that ever since he took over.. How much longer do you want him to repeat the same thing? He's not a parrot, you know?

To say that there is a cultural problem at Baylor is uninformed/unrealistic at best, and a blatant and dodgy lie at worst. Maybe you need to look up the definition of "culture"? The actions of a few people do not define the culture of an entire university.

Oh, so its somehow Baylor thats dragging the Big 12 down, not the weak, unstable conference itself? The Big 10 didn't get brought down during arguably the worst scandal in NCAA history.

Stop being so ignorant. You can't honestly believe UH replacing Baylor would make the conference stronger.
It's really not as far-fetched as you would like to believe.

Houston is in a huge market (which Wacky Waco obviously is not) and so far we've heard no allegations of systemic cover up of rape and assault. Sounds like a better program to have in the conference to me!

I for one am not for adding Houston. Outside of the TV market angle, which is really debatable whether or not the Big XII already owns Houston, there is nothing that I see that Houston can deliver in the long run. I think it's funny that the Tejas president came out and made a political move for UH after saying over and over he and his AD were against expansion.

So, what have we learned? Boren/OU strongarm expansion and now Tejas wants to jump in there and act like they're calling the shots? Typical. Ridin' OU's coattails again, Horns.

Old 07-29-2016, 06:27 AM

12,950 posts, read 13,346,261 times
Texas is easing it's way into Houston, or haven't you heard? UT bought 300+ prime acres for a new campus, and the Coogs got riled up about the turf invasion. Boren ain't calling any shots with that.
And it is the Chancellor of the UT system, Admiral McRaven, calling those shots. McRaven - you know, the guy who ran the operation that killed Osama Bin Laden. Not exactly a coattail rider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football