Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 10:03 PM

623 posts, read 1,543,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
and Cal will be coming to Minnesota this Saturday to play the Gophers.

It's a big plus for Minnesota as it allows us to showcase our new outdoor stadium on national tv( ESPN2 ) .

This is only the 2nd game in it and people are referring to it as the "Taj Mahal"

After 27 years absence, it's nice to see college football back on campus ( where it belongs) instead of downtown in the Dome.

I'm also glad the Gophers are scheduling tougher teams that people have heard of for their pre-season.

At least people heard of Syracuse and Air Force ( who the Gophers beat) and certainly have heard of Cal .

A tough game for the Gophers coming up Saturday !
That's good to hear. I Googled it and it's stunning. Gotta think an outdoor environment gives the Gophers an extra advantage late in the season. Too bad it has a corporate name though, but you gotta pay the bills somehow, especially in this economy. Congrats.

Now you guys got to hang on to your coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 PM

2,211 posts, read 2,617,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atxcio View Post
Yes, I'm wondering if the Charlie Weis debacle will go down as the worst ever head coach flop... especially since ND seemed to feel that they had to prove something, so they when things were pointing south, they just invested more in him. I know there have been some epic coaching failures, but when all is said and done, could this end up being the worst?

Another one that comes to mind is Dennis Francione at Texas A&M. A couple of Nebraska ones, too, but those were short lived.
When you consider Weiss's contract, this has to be the worst coaching hire in history.

Funny when that billboard in Southbend was erected on Wiess being a coaching intern. Weis was asked about it, he said, "Welcome to my world as coach of Notre Dame." But he should've said was, Welcome to my world when you lose like I do at Notre Dame."

Old 09-15-2009, 05:07 PM

459 posts, read 804,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Cal is a good football team and deserve their top 10 ranking. However, they still need to come to Autzen. Sept. 26th should be a big game. Hopefully by then that Duck running game should be humming.

I doubt it. Cal is going to run all over the Ducks. Don't get your hopes up for september 26th.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:01 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
I doubt it. Cal is going to run all over the Ducks. Don't get your hopes up for september 26th.
One word: Autzen

Old 09-16-2009, 04:29 PM

2,819 posts, read 6,455,909 times
Quote:
You'll beat Utah comfortably this weekend one thinks.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:31 PM

4,077 posts, read 5,609,888 times
The problem with Cal is, well, they're Cal.

Old 09-16-2009, 06:53 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,460,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
You'll beat Utah comfortably this weekend one thinks.
Most of us felt we would beat both BSU and Purdue comfortably and look how those turned out. But, let's hope.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Most of us felt we would beat both BSU and Purdue comfortably and look how those turned out. But, let's hope.
Didn't actually relise that the Cal game was the week after the Utah game.

Out of both BSU, Purdue and Utah, Utah have looked worse by far, they've struggled to finish games off against average WAC teams, it may be me but I'm extemely confident that the Ducks can knock off Utah.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:32 PM

459 posts, read 804,950 times
Quote:
So! Autzen is nothing compared to the Swamp or the Shoe.

Old 09-17-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley_man View Post
so! Autzen is nothing compared to the swamp or the shoe.
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > College Football