Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:01 AM

1 posts, read 6,931 times

Advertisements

Moving to Colorado Springs soon. My wife was looking at some property and I just wanted to get an idea of the quality of the area. The place she had in mind is right by the Stratmoor Hills Elementary School, between 115 and 25 (closer to 25) just north of B Street. I am not concerned with schools as we have no school age children. The location is very very close to FT. Carson which is a plus for getting to work. I am just trying to get a feel for the safety of the area.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2012, 05:17 AM

3 posts, read 18,405 times
Personally even with kids I wouldn't want to live there even without kids. It does have a stigma of being a high crime hole. I suggest you look up the local areas and there crime rates. I could tell you NO! move to Fountain, either in the new/er housing in the north or out by countryside but that's what we love. Its a small town feel, near everything and oh so close to gate 20. But, your best bet is to look up the local stats and make a decision based on your lifestyle preferences. GL and welcome to Carson We have loved it for 6 years.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:56 PM

6,825 posts, read 10,525,326 times
I haven't heard of a lot of crime around B Street but it does have a reputation in that direction. If you could get West of Nevada right there, that is a great neighborhood, if you're trying to stay in the same general area.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:35 AM

236 posts, read 479,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt085 View Post
Moving to Colorado Springs soon. My wife was looking at some property and I just wanted to get an idea of the quality of the area. The place she had in mind is right by the Stratmoor Hills Elementary School, between 115 and 25 (closer to 25) just north of B Street. I am not concerned with schools as we have no school age children. The location is very very close to FT. Carson which is a plus for getting to work. I am just trying to get a feel for the safety of the area.

Thanks in advance.
break me off a half an acre!

the Springs is a good choice...

salute

Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 AM

236 posts, read 479,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly259us View Post
Personally even with kids I wouldn't want to live there even without kids. It does have a stigma of being a high crime hole.
the crime statistics for Colorado Springs and the surrounding areas even including Woodland Park... For one year in S Arlington alone it's over double the crime rate!

I guess it's all considering where one comes from and the severity of the crimes committed... We have some heinous stuff going around from a few most popular gangs in our area and MS13 have been committing ruthless and disfigurement crimes including school kids, very conscienceless crimes reported now.

it really bites when one has to consider the less of two evils, but concerning crime rate and surroundings this type of method of looking into areas does have its benefits.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:32 AM

641 posts, read 2,277,237 times
Just an opinion, but I wouldn't move anywhere around B street. It's kind of a hole. It's a run down area just outside one of the busiest gates.

Old 03-12-2012, 09:59 AM

3,490 posts, read 6,100,905 times
I just explored the area through the google van. I would cross that area off the list. It's a shame that this blight surrounds an elementary school.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:07 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lurtsman View Post
I just explored the area through the google van. I would cross that area off the list. It's a shame that this blight surrounds an elementary school.
"Google van"? How does that work?

Old 03-13-2012, 12:35 PM

643 posts, read 2,386,268 times
Bideshi,

Use "steet view" in google. You can see the street similar to driving down the street yourself. Its a snapshot in time, but very well done. Google has "street view" for much of the country. They had cars drive around with complicated camera setups so you can pan the images up and down, etc.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:19 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Using google's "street view" is aka doing a google drive-by.

Bing maps does similar things, and often times has a better angle for aerial views.

Zillow.com has aerial views too, and shows a ton of info for each home.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs