Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 10:12 AM

23 posts, read 87,042 times

Advertisements

The weather has been gorgeous this week! We've been enjoying it while we still can. Sadly, winter's come back again.

The Lifetime Fitness place is right on Briargate and Powers, next to Lowe's. Has anyone heard anything about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 12:03 PM

121 posts, read 452,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandiB View Post
The Lifetime Fitness place is right on Briargate and Powers, next to Lowe's. Has anyone heard anything about it?
I tried contacting them from their website, and their corporate office told me that until they open a location they don't provide any information. I thought it was strange they wouldn't want to generate an interest list before opening. To pay for a building that size they are going to have to sell A LOT of memberships. They must be making it work; they have 85 open locations across 19 states.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:36 PM

That is weird. You'd think they'd start preselling memberships in a trailer once construction's a little farther along. I wonder how it will affect that new Vista something's (Sport?) business on Woodmen & Powers.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,866 times
in recent year did the home price in that community have droped? I just moved to colo spring and considering a house in flying horse community? is the price of the home there is over priced or not

Old 03-17-2009, 01:58 PM

648 posts, read 2,940,938 times
I think now is a good time to buy in Flying Horse. It will be worth it in a few years. They are saying that Flying Horse is the northside Broadmoor. There are great plans for that area.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:42 PM

565 posts, read 1,847,990 times
Flying Horse, Pine Creek, Cordera, and Wolf Ranch all almost string together as the newer nicer communities on the North end of town. Depending on what you want, there are differences between the upscale communities.

Wolf Ranch - lowest cost HOA, separate enrollment cost for clubhouse/pool.
Cordera - moderate cost HOA, includes pool/clubhouse/fitness center use, younger family w/kids oriented community (parks designed for kids under 11)
Pine Creek - moderate cost HOA, Golf Course, more middle age to older community but still with young families.
Flying Horse - moderate cost HOS, separate high cost enrollment cost for club/pool and golf. Nicest club facilities.

Flying Horse is developed by Classic Homes. New Homes Colorado Springs, New Home Builder, Homes | Classic Homes
Pine Creek and Cordera are developed by La Plata. Home Page
Wolf Ranch is developed by Norwood. Nor'wood

Flying Horse is the Classic upscale development. Wolf Ranch is the nicest development Norwood has done. La Plata only does upscale communities.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliette View Post
Can anyone verify if there are lots of kids and families in the Flying Horse community. I had a Realtor tell me today that there are not many kids and this is a big must for me in my situation. Thank you.

There are TONS of kids and families in Flying Horse...I would change realtors!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 AM

Like Crystal said, there are tons of kids here! On my street, we have 8 completed houses, and all but 2 have at least one child.

Old 05-04-2009, 11:51 AM

4 posts, read 10,350 times
What's the elevation?

Old 05-04-2009, 11:54 AM

Since Flying Horse is on the northside of town, we're higher than most places in town. According to my paperwork, my house is at 6,830.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs