Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 06:56 PM

39 posts, read 148,700 times

Advertisements

I admit, I'm from CA where great nanny's abound, so this hunt I've been in for months for a nanny is getting old.

Any suggestions? We need a live-out fulltime 4 day/wk nanny in the south Castle Rock (almost Tomah/Larkspur) area.

THanks?

PS - Someone suggested posting at Yolanda's Tacos in Castle ROck......does anyone know if this is a good idea?

Old 06-09-2008, 06:58 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
You mean nannys in Castle Rock actually speak English?

Old 06-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Yes they do! And, they want $15-25 per hour! Holy heck, I have my Master's Degree and I barely make that!

Old 06-10-2008, 03:57 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,455,391 times
So you're looking for someone with few other job skills who will work for peanuts.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:40 PM

Escape, That remark seems uncalled for, you think? That is not what I said at all.

Old 06-10-2008, 07:11 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,291,770 times
May I suggest that if you're a parent looking for a nanny, spanish or english-speaking, you have your priorities pretty much all messed up?

I can't imagine my kids having had their first steps, words, and deeds only seen and recognized by a hired household servant.

If you've gotta contract out your parental responsibilities, you've already failed in your most important role as a human being. Pitiful, that.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM

35 posts, read 124,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob from down south View Post
May I suggest that if you're a parent looking for a nanny, spanish or english-speaking, you have your priorities pretty much all messed up?

I can't imagine my kids having had their first steps, words, and deeds only seen and recognized by a hired household servant.

If you've gotta contract out your parental responsibilities, you've already failed in your most important role as a human being. Pitiful, that.
Oh come on....this person can't possibly be the only parent who is not at home with their kids. In fact, you don't even know that that is true. They could be working in another part of the house while the nanny tends to the kids. Who knows. I personally think your comment was uncalled for.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:05 PM

68 posts, read 280,115 times
JourneyCC, I know you are looking for a nanny (not sleeping in your home)....would you be willing to consider an aupair girl (a girl who lives in your home) at all? I used to be a community counselor for an aupair agency here in the US...I can highly recommend getting an aupair for your childcare needs. There are lots of great girls out there who would love to come over to the US to help you with childcare and at the same time learn about the US culture and language. Let me know if you are at all interested and I can give you some more info

Old 06-12-2008, 06:57 AM

2,221 posts, read 5,291,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonna30 View Post
Oh come on....this person can't possibly be the only parent who is not at home with their kids. In fact, you don't even know that that is true. They could be working in another part of the house while the nanny tends to the kids. Who knows. I personally think your comment was uncalled for.
I never said anything about anyone not being home with their kids. I just think it's sad to see anyone outsourcing their parenting responsibilities on a full-time basis. Being a parent is not the same thing as just being physically present on the premises, either.

Lots of people do the nana thing down here...more, in fact, in the circles I socialize in. A lot of wealthy peoples' kids have more contact with the Peruvian nana than with their parents. Sad.

Old 07-04-2008, 10:36 PM

22 posts, read 81,910 times
Bob - I'm appalled by your comments. You make a lot of assumptions awfully quickly! I probably shouldn't even be acknowledging them with a response, but can't just let it go. Just because you work and need someone to watch your kids during the day (whether daycare or a nanny) doesn't mean you are passing off your parenting responsibilities, that is an awful assumption and acusation to be making!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs