Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 03:54 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,377,645 times

Advertisements

My dog's been kicked out of 4 differnt obedience classes. He cannot control himself around other dogs.

Trust me, he's crazy, even for a Border Collie. I'll find you the picture I have of him jumping a 6 foot fence with no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 04:02 PM

Couldn't find it, but here's a picture of him in rare form. Sitting.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:00 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
I'm more of a cat person but I love having a dog in my life. Jake - a labrador - is my buddy and I love him.

He's a rescue - sort of, I rescued my neighbors from taking him to the Humane Society. Long story but he was abused (not by the neighbors - again long story) so we've gone through a lot.

One dog is enough for me and my cat (was a rescue too) is part of his pack so it's all good.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:02 AM

1,312 posts, read 7,917,397 times
Hey Ryan - my parents have two border collies. Just a heads up, you have to excerise the heck out of them. Luckily my step-mom is an excerise freak. She takes the girls out three times a day for a walk.

If you don't have a lot of time for your border collie, hire a kid to take her out at least once a day.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:14 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
We have to exercise our Beagle a lot too. He's sorta ADHD.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:20 PM

I take my dog out alot when I can.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:15 AM

110 posts, read 294,238 times
Awww! He looks like a very very smart boy. Which can be good and bad. It seems like dogs that are "only children" have trouble with other dogs, just because they don't know how to act. If your dog has some issues about behaving with other dogs, try a dog park. There are tons of them around I've found. Then they can run and run until they can't run anymore without being a nuisance to anyone. Plus it's fenced with TALL fences (I think they had your dog in mind when they built them) Baxter and I go quite a bit. Walking with your dog is fine, but they've got more legs than you, and they like to go faster too!

When I first got Baxter, he was small (40 lbs) but still a holy terror, chewing on table legs, digging up the carpet, yanked me all over the place when we went for a walk, would not stop barking, just a pain. I quit walking him because he lunged at everything and everyone. I almost took him back to the pound, but they suggested I take him to the park and see if it improved. We went 3 times a week and a few months later you wouldn't even recognize him. He actually behaves and acts like a dog. He's chill around other dogs, except he throws dirt with his paws when he wants to feel big and tough. Not sure why he does that. But if that replaces digging up the carpet, I'm all for it.

Rampart Park is a good place to start, it's on Lexington on the north side of town. Its a little smaller and less crowded. Palmer Park and Bear Creek are good, but BIG. Big enough where your dog needs to come when called or he might get lost. It's fenced, but big. You dog will fit right in with the other neurotic borders, aussies, heelers, pointers, and huskies. There's nothing like other dogs to show your dog what's expected of him and how to act. I think they have alot of flyball and frisbee get-togethers too, which might be right up your border collie's ally.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:01 AM

3 posts, read 3,538 times
Is there a limit on the number of cats allowed without needing a kennel license. Speaking strictly of indoor cats here. We foster parents sometimes end up with a few extras for a while - read that Shelter rejects that are not adoptable to the public.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:07 AM

665 posts, read 1,295,585 times
If my girl and I had the money we'd have a small farm with a LOT of dogs. Back in reality, we have three and have fostered a couple here and there. Four was fun but not in such a small house. (all of them were/are big dogs except one foster).

We're dog people, no doubt. To us dogs are a much better option than kids.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:31 PM

56 posts, read 116,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post

My Border Collie is a hyperactive neurotic that if I didn't kennel him at night, he'd never sleep.
I have a spaz-tastic speedbump (Tibetan Mastiff) that if I don't keep the house at or below 65 he starts whining, barking, and howling. My hoodie collection has tripled in the last 6 months I've owned him.

Winter can not come fast enough for me so I can turn up the heat!

I also own a 3 year old boxer who, while is spayed, is such a little hussie with my male puppy. I swear I'm always kicking the male off of her because she LETS him do anything to her. She's also an attention *****. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs