Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 05:03 PM

11 posts, read 134,405 times

Advertisements

Best and Worst Places to Live in Colorado, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 05:54 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,441,334 times
Depends on what you want. Mountains? Foothills? Plains? Big house? Small house? Land? Budget? Need to commute to a job?

Old 07-13-2007, 09:27 PM

184 posts, read 1,019,497 times
Best if you don't need a job: Telluride
Best if you do need a job: Take your pick of the large, growing, sprawling front rage
Worst: Eastern side of the state. Denver is in the ugly part of the state, but you wouldn't knwo it because it is a city now. Go any further east, and it gets pretty barron.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:49 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,734,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawleyA View Post
Best and Worst Places to Live in Colorado, please.
What do you do?
How much do you make?
Where to you want to live?
Married?
Kids?
Buying a house? How much down payment?
Criminal Record?

Answers to these questions, please.

Old 07-18-2007, 06:18 PM

46 posts, read 427,191 times
Colorado is awesome. Enjoy.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:18 PM

404 posts, read 710,979 times
I'm not from Colorado, but I've spent nearly 6 months there total on vacation. Right now I'm looking a Buena Vista. It was my first choice way back in 2004 when I 1st thought of getting away from Chicago. I deliver pizza and may not have the need for a big income. I doubt I would ever fit back into an office setting.

I've mentioned it before, and get tired of dwelling on it, I'm the plaintiff against the City of Chicago and Cook County for a false arrest and imprisonment I suffered through in 2003. Yes I have a lawyer now, he's been on the case since September 2007, and this baby is about to be wrapped up in arbitration. It was going to be this month, but the hearing has been continued to August. Don't get me wrong. I am a great guy maybe even too laid back for California.

As for your question, it's a toss up without more information. Even though I'm tired of the city, I would have to say the best place to start is Denver. A large city offers all kind of employment opportunities, in just about every field. The drawback it the maddening crowds. Don't get me wrong, I love Denver, and I was able to get a job in the 80's when I was at the Good Samaritan House downtown through Kelly Services loading trucks.

Two weeks later my parents tracked me down through one of the homeless shelters and told me a company was looking for me in Chicago. They had a job for me. Needless to say I spent the next 12 years working in an office. When I got tired of it, I set out on my own and started delivering pizza. Believe it or not, I made more money driving than the $12/hr day job.

The worst place would be in a town of 150 far out from a large populated area. You would be in steep competition with the locals even for the cashiers job at the Kum n Go. That is a chain out there right?

Denver would be the more secure route in my opinion.

Have a great day!

William

Old 12-04-2007, 10:10 AM

1 posts, read 97,181 times
We are thanking of moving to the Denver area from Charlotte NC.
We won’t to be as close to the mountains as we can and still work in Denver. What would be a good area to start looking for a house to rent for under $1100.00 a month?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:15 AM

11,825 posts, read 34,423,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Amery View Post
We are thanking of moving to the Denver area from Charlotte NC.
We won’t to be as close to the mountains as we can and still work in Denver. What would be a good area to start looking for a house to rent for under $1100.00 a month?
Where, in Denver, will you be working?

In the foothills, is a possibilty, or the western suburbs like Littleton, Arvada, Lakewood & Golden.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:45 AM

8 posts, read 169,605 times
my husband and I will be moving to colorado in April. we've never been to Colorado but we have read horrible comments about almost all the apartment communities in lakewood,littleton, Highlands ranch, Denver and other places that is making my apartment search really difficult. i have a daughter so i'll definately need a safe area. can someone please help us find a good neighbourhood and possibly a good apartment. we will be working in Englewood and Denver. we dont care about rent and transportation. thank you!

Old 02-25-2009, 12:09 PM

17,998 posts, read 27,448,014 times
I'm sorry, but this has got to be the worst thread to bump up and in the wrong sub-forum for what you're asking.

Go to the Denver sub forum and go to MFBE's link page here and look up the section "Rentals". If you don't find your info there or have other questions or even learn a thing or two about the topic, you can start a new thread in the Denver subforum. That way, you'll be conversing with Denver people. Many Denver posters may never see this thread and all will have no idea you've posted a question about Where to Rent in the Denver Metro Area unless they stumble on it by chance.

Most people will think you're commenting on the Best and Worst places to live in Colorado.

Add: Oh, well looky there. I see you posted the exact same post in the Good places to live/avoid in Denver, but like this one, it's still not in the Denver subforum You posted a few back in November in the Denver sub though. Hmmm...

Last edited by McGowdog; 02-25-2009 at 12:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado