Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Colorado RESIDENTS: What column will COLO end up in after voting is done?
Republican Column - aka RED 16 41.03%
Democrat Column - aka BLUE 23 58.97%
I'm not voting. 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 03:36 PM

14,129 posts, read 31,244,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatInTheHat View Post
Polls aren't truly accurate. I know people who will vote for Romney on Tuesday yet they'll tell the pollster (robocalls or real people) that they're voting for Obama. It's a game to most people, especially those who are tired of all the calls, negative ads, etc.

Plus, most people aren't home during the day when these calls are made, so the sample is of those who are living off the dole anyway.
Dream on. You don' t think Obama voters aren't playing the same game? Pollsters know people do this but will tell you it's a really insignificant number in their samples. This close to the election polls are really pretty accurate. As far as who's called, a lot of older people are home all day. They probably account for more of those daytime respondents than those "living off the dole". Again, pollsters factor that in. They're not stupid and indeed have a vested interest in ensuring their polls accurately reflect reality. One group that's not been reached well by pollsters are the exclusive cell phone users who skiew heavily Democratic. Bottom line though is you can expect the result will be 280-300 for Obama. More toward 300 of course if CO goes his way.

Old 11-03-2012, 07:44 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,865,579 times
It's all how the polling question is asked, who asks it and who is asked. I never put stock in any poll. We shall see what happens come the day after election day.

Old 11-03-2012, 09:53 PM

2,957 posts, read 8,374,659 times
As Homer Simpson would say.....BORING!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:23 PM

51 posts, read 159,265 times
Maybe a better indicator of who will win is how well attended the candidate's rallies are! Romney's are always packed....and they turn people away. Obama has to choose smaller venues, and the number of people who show up are FAR less this year than in 2008. Maybe pollsters can't reach everyone due to cell phones, etc., but I don't think rally numbers lie. (Except for when the mainstream media doesn't report the true numbers!)

I just came back from the Fiddler's Green Romney rally, and it was filled, filled, filled with supporters (and many independents). They're estimating 18,000 in attendance -- the capacity of the venue.

Guess we'll just have to wait until Tuesday night to see how it all shakes down!

Old 11-03-2012, 10:50 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,551,316 times
I have nothing against anything that helps Obama supporters feel good up until election day. It might help them deal with the day after the election

But seriously, across the US you can tell that Romney supporters are possessed. Many are willing to low-crawl naked over a mile of broken glass to cast their vote. This is 2008, but in reverse.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:51 PM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
I have DVR so I tape all the shows I watch and fast forward the political adds.

As far as Colorado. All the polls I saw last night had it within the margin of error.
Still using tape down there in Pueblo? Go digital!

Old 11-04-2012, 12:06 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,671,465 times
The enthusiasm I see out there amongst people to throw out obama and utopian statism is like nothing I have seen since I was a child and people wanted Carter out so bad. I know some obama voters in 2008 in Colorado that will not be voting that way this year. If that trend is common, well....

Romney has a new Red Rocks video out:

Red Rocks - YouTube

You look at the enthusiasm there and tell me people are not ready to go.

I think what will finish obama off is his revenge comments:

New Romney ad hammers Obama over telling his supports that “voting is the best revenge” » The Right Scoop -

Revenge for what?

It just goes to show what a small minded weasel he is and certainly isn't presidential.

Who knows what will happen on tuesday, but if Americans do want obama and 20 Trillion in debt, well I already have my escape plan. I say if that happens people get what they deserve. I will not be hanging around for more obamacare taxes, higher taxes starting Jan 2013, 20+ Trillion in debt, abandoning Americans to al qaeda, the US dollar tanking, more constitutional abuses, tens of millions more on welfare, a stagnant economy, high energy prices, etc. If that is what Americans want they can have it, but count me out.

If Romney wins, I will celebrate for a week, but the work is just starting. There are still 2 months of obama and God only knows all he will be up to. Then we've still got evil, twisted individuals like harry reid around and some hot tub republicans who like being in Washington but not doing anything. We've got a lot to do and it is going to have to be real change from day 1.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 AM

8,603 posts, read 14,881,270 times
Doesn't matter who wins, we're hosed either way. Obama and Romney are both massive tools. The two-party system is broken and until people stop taking the "lesser of two evils" approach when marking their ballots we're gonna be stuck with the same exact crap until perpetuity.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,570,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Speaking of toss-ups, I'm about to toss-up my whole wheat pancakes if I have to watch much more of these insipid political ads on TV....my poor TV clicker is getting overused from surfing around that crap. Suffice to say that COLO is living up to its reputation as a purple state.
I'm enjoying being in Arizona this election ~~ only one political ad duel ~~ Jeff Flake vs. Richard Carmona for state senator. No other political ads at all, not even Presidential ads....

The thing is, Obama and Romney promise so much, but the truth is, Presidents don't do much, Congress does. Congress raises taxes, declares wars, approves budgets and makes laws. If people REALLY want change, start by changing out your Senators and Legislators. They're the ones who really run the country.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:31 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,997,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
Doesn't matter who wins, we're hosed either way. Obama and Romney are both massive tools. The two-party system is broken and until people stop taking the "lesser of two evils" approach when marking their ballots we're gonna be stuck with the same exact crap until perpetuity.
I don't think that will ever happen. Candidates for office are only human and will be flawed no matter how attractive they appear during a campaign. Furthermore (and you see this much more in the house and senate due to there being no term limits) the longer they stay inside the beltway, the worse they become. We have career politicians running the country who do so not as representatives of the people but representatives of their own portfolios. Political offices were intended to be a form of civil service, but we have strayed far from that ideal.

So yes, any vote is for the "lesser of two evils." I know plenty of Ron Paul supporters who have used this phrase to criticize Mitt Romney and his supporters. But in a hypothetical election between Mitt Romney and Ron Paul, Ron Paul is simply the lesser of two evils. He is, after all, only human.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado