Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 04:21 PM

7,185 posts, read 9,322,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert5 View Post
I agree with the analysis by dr Jaenisch posted by vision67. In fact this temperature humidity dynamic is so obvious to me it is baffling why this is not the default hypothesis. 1 case of wuhanvirus in El Paso county, 0 in Pueblo County, 6 in all of Mexico. 100s, probably 1000s, in cool humid zones like WA, MA, NY, Italy.

"The Disease That Helped Put Colorado on the Map
The state was once known as "the world’s sanatorium
."

When John Henry “Doc” Holliday headed to Denver, Colorado, in 1882, he was escaping murder charges for his involvement in a shootout at the O.K. Corral. But he stayed in the state not for crime, but for the sake of his lungs. Holliday suffered from tuberculosis, and at the time everyone knew that Colorado was the best place for so-called “lungers” to rest and recover."

https://www.history.com/news/the-dis...ado-on-the-map
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 04:47 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,585,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK123 View Post
Please stop pretending to be an expert.
remember what the Somali pirate said in Captain Phillips?

let's change one word.

"Look at me, I am the expert now."

Old 03-13-2020, 07:14 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
Restaurants, good ones anyway, keep "bleach buckets" to keep surface areas clean and germ free (to meet inspection standards). Google bleach buckets to get the ratios - they differ a bit but it's usually something like 1 Tablespoon of bleach to a gallon of water. If you don't have bleach, look at your laundry detergent ... if you have one with bleach (not the non-chlorine stuff), use that.

ETA: Add "restaurant" in front of bleach bucket if you do a search.
So sorry 20 people injured right there at Waldo Canyon a couple of hours ago.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:46 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TachyonField View Post
My daughter attends CU Boulder. She said there is a lot of talk of going to online classes in the very near future.
My daughter is at CU as well. All online classes now.

I checked on her yesterday since I had to take her younger brother to a doctor appointment in Denver. We were there until her 3:30 pm class.

I-25 traffic was HORRIBLE & I didn't make it to south of Castle Rock until 4:45! Then my phone rings. It's daughter. There is a confirmed case at CU; a faculty member whose office in the DINING HALL right next to her dorm. She is in Willard Hall.

I said "I will turn around now & come get you" but nope, she works for the Boulder AND Lafayette Y. And they have not closed. geez.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:52 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So sorry 20 people injured right there at Waldo Canyon a couple of hours ago.
The 25 car + Fedex truck on 24. Yup. And I-25 closed at South Nevada. And my 18 year old daughter who attends UCCS & is the twin to the daughter up at CU with the now confirmed COVID case in a faculty member is out driving around on the west side. My 16 year old is out of school & he is autistic & having aggressive episodes & all the changes are giving him anxiety.

I cannot take this. My nerves are shot. I mean; I can take it because I have no choice but life was honestly easier with toddlers, not teens.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:20 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,860,549 times
It's hard to believe that UCHealth Memorial Hospital requires an extra step if you're not in their network:

https://krdo.com/news/2020/03/13/cov...orado-springs/

You would think situations such as the one we're in would override insurance issues. But perhaps there's a good reason I'm not aware of.

Old 03-13-2020, 10:46 PM

753 posts, read 1,105,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngigi View Post
It's hard to believe that UCHealth Memorial Hospital requires an extra step if you're not in their network:

https://krdo.com/news/2020/03/13/cov...orado-springs/

You would think situations such as the one we're in would override insurance issues. But perhaps there's a good reason I'm not aware of.
That doesn't sound like an insurance issue -- it sounds like a matter of having the actual order from the doctor in order to do the test. If your doctor is in the UCHealth network it will be in their computer system. Otherwise you need to bring a paper copy.

Old 03-13-2020, 11:43 PM

1,455 posts, read 1,860,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
That doesn't sound like an insurance issue -- it sounds like a matter of having the actual order from the doctor in order to do the test. If your doctor is in the UCHealth network it will be in their computer system. Otherwise you need to bring a paper copy.
Perhaps, but further information (or a link) about how to go about getting the form would be helpful:

"People who are referred by a non-UCHealth provider can still be tested but will need to bring a copy of CDPHE's "Assessment of Patients for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)" with them."

Old 03-14-2020, 07:49 AM

76 posts, read 50,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
My daughter is at CU as well. All online classes now.

I checked on her yesterday since I had to take her younger brother to a doctor appointment in Denver. We were there until her 3:30 pm class.

I-25 traffic was HORRIBLE & I didn't make it to south of Castle Rock until 4:45! Then my phone rings. It's daughter. There is a confirmed case at CU; a faculty member whose office in the DINING HALL right next to her dorm. She is in Willard Hall.

I said "I will turn around now & come get you" but nope, she works for the Boulder AND Lafayette Y. And they have not closed. geez.

My daughter is waiting to hear about her work-study job on campus before she lets us know whether or not she will come home for spring break. She works in some sort of archive, so there is no contact with the public. She lives off campus. And she also told us yesterday about the first case on campus. Good luck to you (and everyone else of course).

Old 03-14-2020, 10:17 AM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.frog View Post
yes, exactly. It's a referral you get from your doctor. My understanding was that the Lowry CDPHE location was accepting an emailed version that you could show on your phone, but I am not positive about that.

Until there is an adequate number of tests available, there will be lots of hoops required to access one

ETA: and just got an email from my state senator saying the legislature is going into recess for at least 2 weeks because of COVID-19

Last edited by emm74; 03-14-2020 at 10:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado