Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 06:55 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,393,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briargate View Post
When Hickenlooper ran one of his first campaign ads, he talked about his ability to speak up rather than remain silent like the other guy. I thought he was referring to Bennett. LOL.

I will just say I like Gardner. At least when I contact he office, I get a well thought out response. Not like the generic drivel that used to be issued by Udall and currently by Lamborn (who I think is not too bright, but has a death grip on the 5th district).

The few times I've contacted Gardner's Office, I've got useless form letter responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2020, 08:02 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,085,322 times
I may not like it but being a more conservative democrat was only ever going to hurt him in the primary. Democrats will turn out in november out of trump hatred and throw him a vote and moderates will be more likely to consider him if he isn't a progressive.

His real problem is the fact that he went around saying he never wants to be in the senate and Gardner has the add team to really screw him because of it... And it seems like Hick has no idea how to respond.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:28 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatchChile View Post
That's what we all thought in 2016. The difference was much higher than I thought for Colorado - Clinton 48%, Trump 43% and the other guy about 5%. So not just the 1/3 of the population.
Population =/= voters. I don't think D's/left-leaning/higher IQs are going to sit this one out again.

Old 07-03-2020, 09:53 AM

317 posts, read 475,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
Population =/= voters. I don't think D's/left-leaning/higher IQs are going to sit this one out again.
Never overestimate American election turnout - you'll always be disappointed. Our country's national election turnout numbers across the political spectrum have always been spectacularly abysmal. You can credit that to any number of reasons, but it's very real. We haven't broken 60% turnout since the 1960's.

The best thing you can do for your candidate is to always assume no one will show up and do your best to get everyone you can to vote.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:04 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,202,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by interloper1138 View Post
Never overestimate American election turnout - you'll always be disappointed.
Complete lack of fecal matter here, Mr. Holmes.

I've been waiting 20 years now for the fabled Youth Vote to actually put down their game controllers and go vote. But every quadrennium, the angry shouting disappears at sunrise on election day.

This year may be different, though. With any luck, it will be the last time we see the current GOP on national ballots, and by '24 we might have something like real choice again.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:20 AM

8,606 posts, read 14,897,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therblig View Post
Complete lack of fecal matter here, Mr. Holmes.

I've been waiting 20 years now for the fabled Youth Vote to actually put down their game controllers and go vote. But every quadrennium, the angry shouting disappears at sunrise on election day.

This year may be different, though. With any luck, it will be the last time we see the current GOP on national ballots, and by '24 we might have something like real choice again.
I consider myself a centrist, but I won't be upset if the price the GOP pays for kissing Trump's giant ass is 4 or 5 presidential election cycles on the outside looking in. They sold their souls, now it's time for the reaper to cash in. Reagan would be furious to see what his party has become.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado