Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 05:24 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times

Advertisements

I am well aware of Rocky Mountain Steel Mill's (formerly Oregon Steel Mills, formerly CF&I) current operations--I never said it was closed. Nonetheless, the mill is a shadow of its former self as far as production and product variety goes. You should read posts a little more carefully before you flame away. It is one of only two steel mills in the US still rolling railroad rail. Thank God for that. By the way, did you know that Rocky Mountain Steel Mills is owned by the Russians now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 05:34 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,464,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
I am well aware of Rocky Mountain Steel Mill's (formerly Oregon Steel Mills, formerly CF&I) current operations--I never said it was closed. Nonetheless, the mill is a shadow of its former self as far as production and product variety goes. You should read posts a little more carefully before you flame away. It is one of only two steel mills in the US still rolling railroad rail. Thank God for that. By the way, did you know that Rocky Mountain Steel Mills is owned by the Russians now?
From reading the post I got the feeling that you were trying to say that it was not a major part of the Pueblo's economy anymore as all the other companies you mentioned are not part of their cities economies, my apologies if I read it wrong.

As far as who owns it, yes I know a Russian company bought it and if they are willing to spend millions in upgrading it then I am all for it. I have never been one who cares where the owner is as much as others, its not like they can pick up the steel mill and move it.

Edit: I cant wait for the Colorado Energy Park to be developed. 21,000 acers of large power plants and heavy industries! I am proud of the fact Pueblo is remaining the manufacturing and energy producing center even in the 21st century.

Last edited by Josseppie; 01-02-2009 at 05:46 PM..

Old 01-03-2009, 11:32 AM

719 posts, read 2,618,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottodog View Post
No moving here, we've got the "old fart" pioneer plates.

Man I miss those... Any chance of a comeback??
I still have one. Its magnetic, so I choose when to display it. I like having it on when around places like Highlands Ranch and ski resorts. We've got those pio plates too, but we're not old farts!

Old 01-03-2009, 04:46 PM

123 posts, read 524,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
I still have one. Its magnetic, so I choose when to display it. I like having it on when around places like Highlands Ranch and ski resorts. We've got those pio plates too, but we're not old farts!
No we're not old farts either, well 40 somethings, but it seems like the majority of the people with the plates are "youthfully challenged".

Old 01-06-2009, 07:15 AM

68 posts, read 331,320 times
I never said I would be buying it... im just saying it would be much more affordable... If you want to make a living anywhere you have to work work work... unless you are independently wealthy. Which we are not. We just work hard and dont spend our money on $hit and ... water?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:22 AM

Jazz doesnt know what he thinks he does. Common sense will tell you that the ECONOMY ISNT GREAT OR GOOD ANYWHERE????? I personally think you watch the news and read to much b/s. At 22 years old, I know one thing and that is... people suck. Everyones different. Theres a thing called "positive thinking" and people like jazz and followers have absolutely none of that. You look to the bad side of everything and youll never be happy. You need to read articles and books about positive thinking and making yourself a better person. Seriously

Also, I wasnt born with money. I was born with a personality, drive, work ethic and developed great common sense; and that will get me where I need to be one day. Not reading politics and bad personal experience.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:23 AM

correction: *too much b/s. I need to correct myself there before Jazz rips me for not being able to spell "at 22 years old."

Old 01-06-2009, 07:54 AM

274 posts, read 952,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstinks0622 View Post
You look to the bad side of everything and youll never be happy.
"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." - from Hamlet , Wm. Shakespeare; Act II, scene ii

If you're getting a grip on mental attitude and work ethic at 22, you're head and shoulders above most.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:56 AM

8,317 posts, read 29,476,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstinks0622 View Post
Jazz doesnt know what he thinks he does. Common sense will tell you that the ECONOMY ISNT GREAT OR GOOD ANYWHERE????? I personally think you watch the news and read to much b/s. At 22 years old, I know one thing and that is... people suck. Everyones different. Theres a thing called "positive thinking" and people like jazz and followers have absolutely none of that. You look to the bad side of everything and youll never be happy. You need to read articles and books about positive thinking and making yourself a better person. Seriously

Also, I wasnt born with money. I was born with a personality, drive, work ethic and developed great common sense; and that will get me where I need to be one day. Not reading politics and bad personal experience.
Some famous quotes:

Quote:
At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgment. ~Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanac
Quote:
Youth disserves; middle age conserves; old age preserves. ~Martin H. Fischer
Quote:
Zeal, n. A certain nervous disorder afflicting the young and inexperienced. ~Ambrose Bierce
Quote:
Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows. ~David T. Wolf
Quote:
All that I know I learned after I was thirty. ~Georges Clemenceau
Quote:
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. ~Andre Gide, Le traite du Narcisse, 1891
Quote:
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. ~George Bernard Shaw
Quote:
Perhaps if we saw what was ahead of us, and glimpsed the crimes, follies, and misfortunes that would befall us later on, we would all stay in our mother's wombs, and then there would be nobody in the world but a great number of very fat, very irritated women. ~Lemony Snicket

Old 01-06-2009, 11:53 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
How does the saying go? Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

As far as the attitude that "people suck" and "positive thinking" and "work ethic" and "personality" and "drive" and "developed great common sense" and "being 22", is that Jazz was once 22 himself. He was the guy that Bob Seger sung about in that Chevy Truck commercial.

Ask yourself how many times you've been 25? 30? 35? 40? 45? I'm sure Jazz is no older than 46, right?

Well, in any case... You think you're so hip slick and cool? Go count yourself. See how many you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado