Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2009, 03:08 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,225,641 times

Advertisements

I just wanted to comment to people considering moving to Colorado that this is hands down the most beautiful state (well, besides Hawaii) I've ever been to and I've seen a lot of the US. I live in L.A. and constantly tell people how much I love this state. You are all so lucky to live there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 04:19 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,944,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Leave View Post
I just wanted to comment to people considering moving to Colorado that this is hands down the most beautiful state (well, besides Hawaii) I've ever been to and I've seen a lot of the US. I live in L.A. and constantly tell people how much I love this state. You are all so lucky to live there!
What parts of it did you see? Which parts did you like the best?

Have you ever been to the Pacific Northwest? I ask this because I've found that a lot of people that think CO is the 'prettiest they've ever seen' have never been there.

But, I'll count myself as a 'lucky one'.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:31 PM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
What parts of it did you see? Which parts did you like the best?

Have you ever been to the Pacific Northwest? I ask this because I've found that a lot of people that think CO is the 'prettiest they've ever seen' have never been there.

But, I'll count myself as a 'lucky one'.
You need to hold your opinion on Spokane until you spend a winter there---then we will see how you feel. In addition, look up the statistics with Denver, side by side, with your new love---you will see that Spokane is not a pristine virgin. You are just suffering from a type of "Puppy Love". Move there and we will see if the tryst is to your liking.

Livecontent

Old 09-30-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
You need to hold your opinion on Spokane until you spend a winter there---then we will see how you feel. In addition, look up the statistics with Denver, side by side, with your new love---you will see that Spokane is not a pristine virgin. You are just suffering from a type of "Puppy Love". Move there and we will see if the tryst is to your liking.

Livecontent
Well, we'll be waiting at least a few years for that one, since I'm back in Denver now for the foreseeable future. The goal now is to eventually go back to WA (or ID), as I'm sure you know.

I wasn't saying anything about Spokane in particular, I was referring to the beauty of the region (not just Spokane, but much of WA, OR, ID, and MT), not the weather/climate of it. I was fully prepared to spend a winter there, I was anxiously awaiting it actually. The winters here leave something to be desired IMO (I don't think they are harsh enough, too much sun, etc). I think Denver's winter is about as mild a winter as I can handle.

I've been underwhelmed with the beauty of CO since returning, even a jaunt up to the mountains didn't fully quench my thirst for natural beauty. Pardon me for wanting to return to a place more to my liking, and pardon me for wanting a new experience, and pardon me for not being 100% happy about being back here.

You're not the first person to tell me I'm suffering from "puppy love". But, if that's what it is, hey, at least it feels good.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 AM

5,089 posts, read 15,404,810 times
I did not mean to criticize you, but I found it hilarious to hear you fawn over your new love. The OP was just stating a comment of joy and contentment with the surroundings. What do you do but throw water on the OP happiness; not nice. We all know there are many beautiful places and Colorado is not the best, as some perceive. This is the Colorado forum, not the Washington forum, and you need to stop treading around here, and fawning over your new love with expressions of despair--it makes me gag and laugh at the same time. You need to go back to your very intelligent and provocative posts about Denver which I have found appealing.

Oh, those comments about the winters here as not "harsh enough" and"too much sun" made me choke. I grew up near Buffalo and it really was, well, funny...

Livecontent

Old 09-30-2009, 02:20 PM

6,288 posts, read 11,782,238 times
I like Colorado a lot. I won't live in Idaho or Montana because too cold winters, too much snow, etc.

But as far as a natural beauty goes, there's something to be said for those places. Colorado is definitely beautiful. But ID, MT, WA definitely have a beauty that rivals (or exceeds) it.

Here's an interesting thing I've noticed: anytime I'm watching a film with a gorgeous mountain setting - a kind of raw, vast beauty with deep green forests - I go online to find out where it was filmed. Invariably it turns out to be British Colombia (Canada), even if the movie itself takes place in the Western U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post
Well, we'll be waiting at least a few years for that one, since I'm back in Denver now for the foreseeable future. The goal now is to eventually go back to WA (or ID), as I'm sure you know.

I wasn't saying anything about Spokane in particular, I was referring to the beauty of the region (not just Spokane, but much of WA, OR, ID, and MT), not the weather/climate of it. I was fully prepared to spend a winter there, I was anxiously awaiting it actually. The winters here leave something to be desired IMO (I don't think they are harsh enough, too much sun, etc). I think Denver's winter is about as mild a winter as I can handle.

I've been underwhelmed with the beauty of CO since returning, even a jaunt up to the mountains didn't fully quench my thirst for natural beauty. Pardon me for wanting to return to a place more to my liking, and pardon me for wanting a new experience, and pardon me for not being 100% happy about being back here.

You're not the first person to tell me I'm suffering from "puppy love". But, if that's what it is, hey, at least it feels good.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecontent View Post
I did not mean to criticize you, but I found it hilarious to hear you fawn over your new love. The OP was just stating a comment of joy and contentment with the surroundings. What do you do but throw water on the OP happiness; not nice. We all know there are many beautiful places and Colorado is not the best, as some perceive. This is the Colorado forum, not the Washington forum, and you need to stop treading around here, and fawning over your new love with expressions of despair--it makes me gag and laugh at the same time. You need to go back to your very intelligent and provocative posts about Denver which I have found appealing.

Oh, those comments about the winters here as not "harsh enough" and"too much sun" made me choke. I grew up near Buffalo and it really was, well, funny...

Livecontent
Well, you are criticizing me, and I wasn't throwing water on the OP. I asked where he/she has been and where he/she liked. I brought up the Pac NW (not Spokane mind you) because many people I have met who are enamored with CO have never been there (my girlfriend was an example of this). Perhaps if I had said something about Alaska (for instance) you wouldn't have jumped my case? It's amazing how much you read into a four line post.

I've mentioned Spokane (or WA) a whopping four times (here on the CO forum) in the month since I've been back in CO, and with the exception of one time (when discussing "still loving CO") it has been brought out of me by another poster each time. Gag and laugh away, or ignore me.

The Pac NW has been a part of my life since I was 5. I would have mentioned it even if I had never gone to Spokane, and I think I have mentioned it here long before I had gone when discussing the beauty of CO. Pardon me again, but nobody seems to jump on you when you talk about Buffalo or NYC. And in case you don't remember, I'm one of those freaks who loves winter. If I ever lived in a place where the winter was too harsh for me, I'd probably make plans to move.

Well, I'm closing that can of worms........

The other day, we (me and the GF) took a trip down to Pueblo and began discussing what we thought were the prettiest cities in Colorado. I forgot how pretty Colorado Springs was (especially when looking west), though I still probably wouldn't want to live there. The Springs really looks "Colorado" which I have a harder time saying about Denver. I still want to say Boulder is the prettiest city (of size) in Colorado, but I think I need to go back there to reaffirm my belief.

I've always thought the stretch of I-70 between Glenwood Springs and the Clear Creek County line was very pretty as well. And the stretch between Conifer and the flats leading into Fairplay. And parts of Evergreen. And of course Aspen. And Breckenridge too.

There's a whole swath of CO that I've yet to see, including much of the mountains, and the entire southeastern plains. I hope to change that.

Old 09-30-2009, 07:04 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Please stay on the topic the OP started...
Thank you!

forum rules, please read them

Old 10-04-2009, 05:53 PM

47 posts, read 132,112 times
Yes Colorado is beautiful, as are the other 49 states in their own ways. It's pointless to turn a topic like this into an argument, we should all respect opinions. The Pacific Nothwest is beautiful! Colorado is as well, but just in a very different way. Both are places that make my jaw drop!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:58 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,894,623 times
I think California is beautiful, especially cruising in a rented convertible on Pacific Coast Highway. So yes, you can find beauty just about anywhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado