Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2020, 08:41 AM

518 posts, read 435,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Cat View Post
Applebees gets good business but the service there is horrible. I have to wait ovee an hour to get my food regularly for dine in or take out. Freddies is pretty much the same menu as Steak n Shake but they are literally double the price for the same product. When Steak n Shake opened they took most of their business and Freddies looked deserted a lot of the time. I didn't really care for Burger fi, it wasn't really good. There's also a Rush's that's supposed to be built in the lot behind subway, and a new seafood/wings spot is opening in the old Diablo's.
Burger Fi was .... Ok, but so spendy. We won't go back. I have lived in Columbia for almost 25 years and I have eaten at Rush's maybe 10 times. I enjoyed it when ever I had it, this will be the first one in a convenient location to me in the NE. Probably good time to build, since it won't be opening for a long time. Should give the '19' enough time to leave Columbia.

Hope the Seafood/Wings spot gets cheap rent, cause they will have the same problems Diablo did hiding out on the back side of the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2020, 10:43 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
I have been to Rush's twice and that was once to many times. Very very, very mediocre.

Old 04-01-2020, 04:58 PM

8,226 posts, read 13,342,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
I have been to Rush's twice and that was once to many times. Very very, very mediocre.
Well I guess you wont...... RUSH.. .back there to eat any time soon *applause* Thank you folks... will be here all week plus and additional seven day because I am quarantined

Old 11-19-2020, 09:52 AM

120 posts, read 149,701 times
I've notice that Killian Crossing is owned by Live Oak Development with its new For sale signs around the property. They have a new website now too.

https://www.liveoakdevelopment.com/

I still think a TopGolf would do well at this location but what do I know.

Old 11-19-2020, 10:16 AM

518 posts, read 435,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman321 View Post
I've notice that Killian Crossing is owned by Live Oak Development with its new For sale signs around the property. They have a new website now too.

https://www.liveoakdevelopment.com/

I still think a TopGolf would do well at this location but what do I know.
Where would you put the Top Golf? Next to the Highway? I don't think we have the demographics to support Top Golf. It is pretty expensive, and the failure of so many golf clubs in the area would indicate that is a soft part of the market. Charlotte works because it is a denser population. Just think about it, examples of popular shops in Sandhills just down the road appeal to a lower income group, think LIDS. None of the expensive stores/restaurants have done well there.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemanoRock View Post
Where would you put the Top Golf? Next to the Highway? I don't think we have the demographics to support Top Golf. It is pretty expensive, and the failure of so many golf clubs in the area would indicate that is a soft part of the market. Charlotte works because it is a denser population. Just think about it, examples of popular shops in Sandhills just down the road appeal to a lower income group, think LIDS. None of the expensive stores/restaurants have done well there.
I figured we could because we already have a TopGolf Suites downtown and I heard they want to expand here. Just need the proper space. I mean Augusta doesn't have the population and can support one right off the freeway.

Old 11-19-2020, 11:55 AM

333 posts, read 214,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapman321 View Post
I figured we could because we already have a TopGolf Suites downtown and I heard they want to expand here. Just need the proper space. I mean Augusta doesn't have the population and can support one right off the freeway.
Top Golf would do well next to any interstate in columbia just like a mall. We have a lot of families and couples that pass through and killian crossings would do well to be a stopping point for them with hotels, etertainment, and dining all at one location.

Old 11-19-2020, 12:24 PM

306 posts, read 393,131 times
Quote:
Top Golf really isn’t that expensive if you’re there to play the game. The food and drinks are expensive, but that’s the case with most any entertainment venue these days.

The most expensive time for Top Golf is weekend evenings at $49/hr for up to 6 people. Not all that much more expensive than bowling these days. They even have half price tuesdays which would be very affordable.

The selfish side of me would love one off of I-26 in Irmo, but I’d go no matter the location in the Columbia area. I think the large vacant plot next to Harley Davidson at Broad River Rd (Exit 101) could be a great spot. Close proximity to Frankie’s, Dave and Busters, Stars and Strikes, and even the Plex.

Or if we could get some developer to do something off of I-20 between 26 and 77, it would be nice and centralized.

As a last resort, Bull Street could be a great option. The Birmingham location is located just outside of their CBD in the Uptown Entertainment District.

Old 11-19-2020, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woffgrad13 View Post
Top Golf really isn’t that expensive if you’re there to play the game. The food and drinks are expensive, but that’s the case with most any entertainment venue these days.

The most expensive time for Top Golf is weekend evenings at $49/hr for up to 6 people. Not all that much more expensive than bowling these days. They even have half price tuesdays which would be very affordable.

The selfish side of me would love one off of I-26 in Irmo, but I’d go no matter the location in the Columbia area. I think the large vacant plot next to Harley Davidson at Broad River Rd (Exit 101) could be a great spot. Close proximity to Frankie’s, Dave and Busters, Stars and Strikes, and even the Plex.

Or if we could get some developer to do something off of I-20 between 26 and 77, it would be nice and centralized.

As a last resort, Bull Street could be a great option. The Birmingham location is located just outside of their CBD in the Uptown Entertainment District.
I wouldn't mind that. I also realized that the boating place next to Southern Log homes is gone. That could possibly be a location off of exit 101B. Like you said. A lot of entertainment in that area with Stars & Strikes, Dave & Busters, Frankies, Plex Ice and a Trampoline park.

Old 11-19-2020, 08:31 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,346,591 times
Quote:
In addition to Charlotte, there is also a Top Golf in Greenville. So it would seem they may want a location in the Midlands if they do well in the Upstate and Charlotte.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area