Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 09:06 AM

1,101 posts, read 1,337,969 times

Advertisements

5531 Forest Acres is the new site across the street from Golden Corral/ Carmike cinemas. This should relieve a touch of the Cookout related congestion on Harden. And yes people are driving from way further than Forest Acres to get to the 5 pts Cookout.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear of a third beachead by the summer maybe on Garner's ferry. Watchout Rushes, Cookout is a coming for yah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2012, 04:57 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,566,649 times
I'm trying Burger Tavern 77 for lunch on Wednesday. I picked up a menu today and noticed they have some healthy options like whole wheat buns and salads and grilled chicken in addition to burgers. I'll let everyone know it it's worth a trip. I don't really think Cookout is anything much - just another fast food burger place.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:48 PM

Default cool, report back re Burger Tavern 77

Also re Devine street, anybody else notice that Virtu is out of business.

Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 PM

12,923 posts, read 18,765,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofCola View Post
Also re Devine street, anybody else notice that Virtu is out of business.
Was it any good?

Old 02-13-2012, 07:31 PM

37,882 posts, read 41,970,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waccamatt View Post
I don't really think Cookout is anything much - just another fast food burger place.
They are definitely distinct; their burgers and such do actually feel as though they come have come off the grill at a neighborhood cookout. They have that "grassroots" feel to them, so to speak. Also, I don't know of any burger chain where you can get chicken nuggets, corndogs, and chicken wraps as sides. And they are really known for their large variety of shakes, which are very good. Although I've since changed my eating habits, I miss having them around; they'd be really good for an occasional cheat meal.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:41 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,577,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
where you can get chicken nuggets, corndogs, and chicken wraps as sides.
To me, that's the most unappealing aspect of Cookout. "I'd like a burger with a side of corndog and taco, please."

Old 02-13-2012, 11:24 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,566,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
They are definitely distinct; their burgers and such do actually feel as though they come have come off the grill at a neighborhood cookout. They have that "grassroots" feel to them, so to speak. Also, I don't know of any burger chain where you can get chicken nuggets, corndogs, and chicken wraps as sides. And they are really known for their large variety of shakes, which are very good. Although I've since changed my eating habits, I miss having them around; they'd be really good for an occasional cheat meal.
I try and eat healthy so there are really no options at Cookout. I have heard their shakes are good.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:18 AM

12,923 posts, read 18,765,744 times
I ate there when it first opened. For an occasional quick bite that tastes good it's not bad. I wouldn't make eating that type of food a habit.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:46 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbiadata View Post
I ate there when it first opened. For an occasional quick bite that tastes good it's not bad. I wouldn't make eating that type of food a habit.
unfortunately sometimes the stuff that's not that good for you tastes too good to resist...

side note, hearing about a place with good shakes and burgers, any reason why the Steak n Shake near Columbiana Centre closed up? It was closed before we got down here; unless having a Five Guys right across the street had anything to do with it. just curious.

Old 02-14-2012, 05:49 AM

Default Re. Virtu/ yah I like it

Menu was similar to gervais and vine and and they had nice presentation too for many dishes like their crab stack. It was popular for first six months of operation but then when Henry's got popular it was constantly empty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area