Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 08:40 PM

2,167 posts, read 3,137,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelham3 View Post
and you are fat old man who lives in Sumter and gives BJs to 18-22 year olds who play at some college you din't even go to. Probably an Obama fan boy too. you threw your panties at him when he said hope and change

we can do this all day. you obviously don't know anything about me.
Keep going. You are earning so much credibility. Not sure what I enjoy more. Your personal attacks on people you know nothing about, or your complete lack of knowledge of major sports.

Let's try baseball! I'll bet you are against stealing bases too! It's just not fair that the pitcher and catcher have to pay attention to the hitter and a base runner at the same time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 PM

304 posts, read 266,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CD2013 View Post
Yep. You have to be a teenager. You type like a teenager would text message. Its so obvious. How did it take us this long to realize it.
what if I am a teenager, I think most 10 year old kids are smarter than you. You came on here bragging about being a fricking firefighter and acting like supermodels give you a BJ b/c of it. You are like parody of a dumb redneck.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:42 PM

1,912 posts, read 2,411,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
Keep going. You are earning so much credibility. Not sure what I enjoy more. Your personal attacks on people you know nothing about, or your complete lack of knowledge of major sports.

Let's try baseball! I'll bet you are against stealing bases too! It's just not fair that the pitcher and catcher have to pay attention to the hitter and a base runner at the same time.
He is probably against batters getting to 1st when they are hit by a pitch. I mean, accidents happen. A fluke wild pitch could give a guy a free spot on 1st. Not fair!

OR, he's against catching hits that are headed over the fence for a HR, but a player jumps the fence, reaches over and catches it. It is basically "mugging" the hitter of a HR.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:

baseball is a gay sport in general. should just cancel it all together.

Stealing a base is an actual play though, it isn't just benefiting from the other team losing a ball or a fortunate hit that jars the ball lose or simply mugging the player's arms and hands to get the ball.

You can't refute my point on the merits so you have to come up with these examples that are in no way related and knock those down.

to me it makes sense the ball is dead once it hits the ground or the player on offense is not making forward progress b/c the defense has stopped him. a defense has to get it before rit hits the ground on both fumbles and interceptions, that is a consistent way to do it.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
what if I am a teenager, I think most 10 year old kids are smarter than you. You came on here bragging about being a fricking firefighter and acting like supermodels give you a BJ b/c of it. You are like parody of a dumb redneck.
You are a teenager. I'd guess 14ish. And I don't like arguing like this with children. Im probably going to stop, seeing as you are literally a juvenile.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
What about soccer and rugby? They steal balls from opponents via physical contact. Ban that too?

Old 12-05-2013, 08:47 PM

Pelham,
Have you started that thread in the sports forum yet? If you want a true, non biased opinion, that's the place to do it. Just generic sports fans in there.

I'll tell you what......how about you go to your local sports bar and sit at the bar. Order up a dozen wings and a beer (if you're allowed to) and bring up your thoughts with other random sports fans.

let us know the results!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:

Stealing a base is an actual play though, it isn't just benefiting from the other team losing a ball or a fortunate hit that jars the ball lose or simply mugging the player's arms and hands to get the ball.

You can't refute my point on the merits so you have to come up with these examples that are in no way related and knock those down.

to me it makes sense the ball is dead once it hits the ground or the player on offense is not making forward progress b/c the defense has stopped him. a defense has to get it before rit hits the ground on both fumbles and interceptions, that is a consistent way to do it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you were the first one to bring up a basketball possession as an example as to why football fumbles should be called dead. But those 2 sports are soooooooo related!

Old 12-05-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Pelham,
Have you started that thread in the sports forum yet? If you want a true, non biased opinion, that's the place to do it. Just generic sports fans in there.

I'll tell you what......how about you go to your local sports bar and sit at the bar. Order up a dozen wings and a beer (if you're allowed to) and bring up your thoughts with other random sports fans.

let us know the results!
lol I hate your average sports fan. they are just like you. no personailty, serious about a game, emtoinally attached to their teams. Clemson has plenty of guys like you on Tigernet. They write open letters to Dabo and Boyd, etc. just pure gayness.

My point is more for casual fans who just like watching the game for the competition and to see big plays. i thought both clemson and sc sucked last week, just a boring game. SC did play pretty awesome in that 4th quarter of the missouri game and that game was pretty exciting there in the 4th. that is what i like to see.

even if we lost the uga game that was still a fun game to watch, one of the brest of the season.

Old 12-05-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
lol I hate your average sports fan. they are just like you. no personailty, serious about a game, emtoinally attached to their teams. Clemson has plenty of guys like you on Tigernet. They write open letters to Dabo and Boyd, etc. just pure gayness.

My point is more for casual fans who just like watching the game for the competition and to see big plays.
Do a poll. Promise 99% of football fans wont agree with you. Fumbles are an important aspect of the game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area