Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 09:29 AM

427 posts, read 551,647 times

Advertisements

This is to be taken with a grain of salt, but someone on Facebook told me that one of the developers for Costco/Midland Commons is a customer of her best friend. Apparently this developer has been saying that a Costco will be built at Midland Commons and just said so again last month. This person did not ask for the name of the developer and dates were not certain. I wonder if I should reach out to the real estate broker again? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2019, 11:39 AM

967 posts, read 1,075,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2belds97 View Post
This is to be taken with a grain of salt, but someone on Facebook told me that one of the developers for Costco/Midland Commons is a customer of her best friend. Apparently this developer has been saying that a Costco will be built at Midland Commons and just said so again last month. This person did not ask for the name of the developer and dates were not certain. I wonder if I should reach out to the real estate broker again? LOL

I've suspected all along they are still planning on building there. I've had a feeling they might be based on things I've heard recently! Let's hope for the best since I see a lot of people want one here!

Old 11-04-2019, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
I've suspected all along they are still planning on building there. I've had a feeling they might be based on things I've heard recently! Let's hope for the best since I see a lot of people want one here!
What have you heard, other than Costco thinks we are too poor.

Old 11-04-2019, 11:52 AM

Quote:
What have you heard, other than Costco thinks we are too poor.
Nothing that hasn't been posted on the forums here. It just noticed more Costcos popping up recently and more rumors about them coming to places like Macon which is both smaller and has a lower income number than Columbus. That makes me thing they have refocused on building more US locations. Did he specifically say Columbus was too poor. I remember the real estate guy's comment about Columbus and it sounded more like a generalization about failed Costco's in the south.

Last edited by DWColumbus; 11-04-2019 at 12:29 PM..

Old 11-04-2019, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWColumbus View Post
Nothing that hasn't been posted on the forums here. It just noticed more Costco's popping up recently and more rumors about them coming to places like Macon which is both smaller and has a lower income number than Columbus. That makes me thing they have refocused on building more US locations. Did he specifically say Columbus was too poor. I remember the real estate guy's comment about Columbus and it sounded more like a generalization about failed Costco's in the south.
He did not use those exact words as he was more tactful than that, but that is the idea of what he said. I believe he used the word “affluent” to describe the markets they like to build in.

Old 11-04-2019, 12:14 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,907,482 times
Quote:
He did not use those exact words as he was more tactful than that, but that is the idea of what he said. I believe he used the word “affluent” to describe the markets they like to build in.
Who wouldn't want to build in a more affluent market??? Trust me, the Columbus metro area is well positioned to "afford" a Costco! Midland Commons is a perfect location for our region! Add a Bass Pro/Cabela's, and a PF Chang/Cheesecake Factory, etc. and watch the growth continue!!

Old 11-04-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Who wouldn't want to build in a more affluent market??? Trust me, the Columbus metro area is well positioned to "afford" a Costco! Midland Commons is a perfect location for our region! Add a Bass Pro/Cabela's, and a PF Chang/Cheesecake Factory, etc. and watch the growth continue!!
Try telling Dan that! LOL!

Old 11-04-2019, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post

I'm surprised we don't have a Bass Pro already, I would have thought one would have been here a decade ago. PF Changs would be great here too. Cheesecake Factory seems to only locate in mega cities and major tourist areas but if they did put one here I know it would be extremely popular knowing the number of people I've heard that want one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA