Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 07:28 PM

201 posts, read 540,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
You get plenty of thrills when you hear of any negative news. You bask in it to be honest. So who does everyone believe, you (both Powerplay and Columbusattorney) with your bogus statements that have no credible backing, or the Selig Center of Economic Growth at The University of Georgia which is responsible for conducting research on economic, demographic, and social issues related to Georgia's current and future growth???

Hmmmm ...think everyone gets this one ROFL

How about this? Why don't you call Selig yourself and tell them you think their information is bogus????????

For a business owner, you sure do have a lot of time to blow on this website. Makes one think you might be lying thru your teeth???

I, along with everyone else, will continue to have your info go in one ear and out the other!

Have a great day at work!!!
Those bums at Selig are nothing more than self promoters to keep a job and should be ashamed.
Speaking of time on your hands my computer stays on all day here at the job and I respond to several forums other than this one.
My offer still stands if you are needing a job(it certainly seems so) let me know and I will get you to fill out an application.
Please refrain from the us/we/everyone syndrome and speak for yourself.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:16 PM

913 posts, read 2,985,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbusattorney View Post
Those bums at Selig are nothing more than self promoters to keep a job and should be ashamed.
Speaking of time on your hands my computer stays on all day here at the job and I respond to several forums other than this one.
My offer still stands if you are needing a job(it certainly seems so) let me know and I will get you to fill out an application.
Please refrain from the us/we/everyone syndrome and speak for yourself.
Bums??? Wow, so I guess you think you know more and are more qualified right?

You probably have no clue what Selig is, I guess I need to remind myself of who I am speaking with.

No need for a job application considering I have one and have been super successful, but thanks for the offer .

As for the us/we/everyone, I thank I can vouch for most people. You seemed worried or nervous ROFL .

Like always, please stay on topic. Your posts never have a thing to do with the thread.

Have a great evening as you say!

BTW,

Did you hear the good news on tourism? Over 1.1 million people visited Columbus last year, up from 961,000 the year before!!!! Oh what great news!!! Hope you read the article in the Ledger!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Bums??? Wow, so I guess you think you know more and are more qualified right?

You probably have no clue what Selig is, I guess I need to remind myself of who I am speaking with.

No need for a job application considering I have one and have been super successful, but thanks for the offer .

As for the us/we/everyone, I thank I can vouch for most people. You seemed worried or nervous ROFL .

Like always, please stay on topic. Your posts never have a thing to do with the thread.

Have a great evening as you say!

BTW,

Did you hear the good news on tourism? Over 1.1 million people visited Columbus last year, up from 961,000 the year before!!!! Oh what great news!!! Hope you read the article in the Ledger!

Chris...I can always count on your posts to say the same things over and over.

Not to rain on your parade but the study group at CSU were counting people who only lived 20 miles away and further as TOURISTS and could not get it changed.
Hotel/Motel stays were DOWN according to local chamber of commerce so where did the tourists stay?

Tourists??.....or maybe just Walmart grocery runs

Case closed.....

Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Chris...I can always count on your posts to say the same things over and over.

Not to rain on your parade but the study group at CSU were counting people who only lived 20 miles away and further as TOURISTS and could not get it changed.
Hotel/Motel stays were DOWN according to local chamber of commerce so where did the tourists stay?

Tourists??.....or maybe just Walmart grocery runs

Case closed.....
This will be easy and will further destroy your credibility.....PROVE IT!!!!!!

You apparently have trouble comprehending information. So you are saying people only came from 20 miles away? OMG!!! So when was someone from Hamilton or Butler or Pine Mountain considered a tourist LOL. So when did Atlanta move 70 miles closure to Columbus? The article specifically states an increase in tourist from ATLANTA! Stop trying, you can't win.

BTW, the name is not Chris....good try though.

Actually, hotel/motel stays were up, sorry to prove you wrong AGAIN.

Hope you are having a great day at work...don't work too hard now ROFL!

Old 04-15-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
This will be easy and will further destroy your credibility.....PROVE IT!!!!!!

BTW, the name is not Chris....good try though

Actually, hotel/motel stays were up, sorry but you don't win.

Hope you are having a great day at work...don't work too hard now ROFL!
Sounds like you just woke up there buddy..
Call CSU and get the info straight from the group(ask for William as he knows me personally) and then get back to me.
Why are you so worried and offensive?

Old 04-15-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Sounds like you just woke up there buddy..
Call CSU and get the info straight from the group(ask for William as he knows me personally) and then get back to me.
Why are you so worried and offensive?
Trying to twist it back on me....typical response from someone who knows nothing, can't prove a thing, avoids questions, and has no credibility. Me worried? What is there to worry about when everything I post is credible...nice try, you only say this to make yourself feel better.

William? You say this as if this person actually exists.

Hey, don't you have a company to run???? Things must be slow today for you

Old 05-18-2009, 01:53 AM

80 posts, read 266,812 times
anyone using 31,000 as a target hi for jobs in Columbus and area around KIA has been smoking pot. Total announced KIA jobs are approx 6,000 in GA plus 1,000+ in Alabama also supplying HYUNDAI at Montgomery. BRAC jobs probably closer to 7,000 than 10,000. That's about 13,000 BUT dont pay attention to those who have applied multipliers to the 13,000. I, too have problems with UGA growth estimates. I am a Columbus native, ,who while in ATL conducted studies for major SE corporations (retail and other) and have been doing housing studies here since 1975 when I moved back. send a note for me and will take steps to get in touch with you for professional feedback.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:24 AM

80 posts, read 266,812 times
Yes, the Sibley Center is known for being off on projections. I can assure you that Columbus, like the nation, has not begun to experience the impact of closings or cutbacks. And the first major portion of the BRAC growth will first and foremost help OFFSET losses, and help get us out of the woods. We have weathered the loss of almost 5,000 area manufacturing jobs since 2000 with help from Aflac, TSYS, etc BUT the rules have changed dramatically in the last year.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:38 AM

88 posts, read 205,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westga View Post
anyone using 31,000 as a target hi for jobs in Columbus and area around KIA has been smoking pot. Total announced KIA jobs are approx 6,000 in GA plus 1,000+ in Alabama also supplying HYUNDAI at Montgomery. BRAC jobs probably closer to 7,000 than 10,000. That's about 13,000 BUT dont pay attention to those who have applied multipliers to the 13,000. I, too have problems with UGA growth estimates. I am a Columbus native, ,who while in ATL conducted studies for major SE corporations (retail and other) and have been doing housing studies here since 1975 when I moved back. send a note for me and will take steps to get in touch with you for professional feedback.
I agree westga as the estimates are way off.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:46 AM

722 posts, read 3,316,455 times
ya know, my thing is that Columbus is just unpleasant to me. I find it very unappealing and ugly and sprawly in lots of places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA