Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 05:23 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
For $50.00 you can buy the Logitech 2.1 system and you will be able to 'feel the music'.
She can try them and return if she doesn't like them

I think they will be fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 PM

72 posts, read 221,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
For $50.00 you can buy the Logitech 2.1 system and you will be able to 'feel the music'. Unless you are made of wood or stone you will get ear fatigue after an hour or two of headphone listening. It is simply not neccessary to spend hundreds of dollars to get listenable computer speakers. I do have a quality pair of Klipsch bookshelf speakers in my living room. The ~$39.00 Altec Lansing 2.1 I mentioned earlier do not sound worse than my $300 bookshelf speakers. Even with the subwoofer included the entire Altec system does not occupy as much space as just one of the Klipsch bookshelf speakers. For late night listening a set of Koss headphones (the full surround type) ~$20.00 make a nice addition, even a ~ $9.99 set can suffice for the occasional listen but cannot IMO fully replace speakers.

H
Most audiophiles would disagree. Thread title is "best computer speakers for music".

You can "feel" the music with a $50 Logitech 2.1 system (model X-240) but will it sound good? Doubt it. They are designed as low budget speakers; the satelittes are coaxial meaning there is no seperate tweeter for the highs which will compomise sound quality, total system power is a measly 25 watts RMS which is not enough power to "feel" the music, 10% THD for both satelittes and subwoofer which is not good for music, and a 4-inch subwoofer is a oxymoron. Logitechs are not too great for music.

A good set of headphones will not cause ear fatigue. That is caused by distortion and high volume.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:10 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
I got the Logitech 3 piece system with the subwoofer like 8 years ago. It kicks butt! Great sound. Think it was 45 bucks at Office Depot.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:41 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by v3ronika View Post
I've been researching this for about 2 yrs now but the technology changes so fast I've gotten lost. Now my research invariably leads me to reviews of computer speakers that are good for TV and video games. I DONT care about that stuff! I want computer speakers for MUSIC. MP3s sound awful, yes, but what does the best job making them sound better? I have to stop buying vinyl

I was leaning towards Bose out of brand-loyalty but I realize brand-loyalty is just successful zombiefication. Anyone have any experience with such a situation?

Thanks
So, did you ever buy anything?
IMO, I would try the ones I linked to.
I'm watching TV on my computer with them, the sound is great.
If yopu find they aren't good enough, take them back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers