Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 08:42 PM

1,809 posts, read 5,422,154 times

Advertisements

What or which is better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
PC Computers are better: more software available, less expensive, almost all hardware works with windows, more power/$, more memory/$, the world runs PCs, more 3rd party suppliers -> more competition - > lower prices and more selection.

Macs are too popular to be a cult but only around 10% of people use them.

Old 02-12-2011, 11:52 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Ahhh the old and never ending Mac vs. PC debate.

<gets out deck chair and sits down with some popcorn>

My only comment is to say you have huge selection of software and hardware to choose from with PC. For example I do a lot of video work, there is free tools for just about anything. Used to be humorous on the video forum I'm a member of reading posts for those on the Mac platform struggling with simple tasks. That's not say Mac doesn't have these capabilities, there's some great video tools for the Mac like Final Cut Pro but that's some major cash. I'm talking about free stuff.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:02 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,994,915 times
Do we really need another one of these threads
Neither is better, anything you hear is a matter of opinion, there's more than enough debate on the subject, nothing that shows up in this thread will be ground breaking news.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:12 AM

1,594 posts, read 3,057,032 times
The significant difference between the Mac and PC is the OS. In order to determine which is better, depends on how you use your computer. Are you doing mostly web browsing and email? Are you doing Audio and Video editing? What kinds of software do you need? How well do they perform?

It's all opinion. Many people who use the computer for basic internet, email, and word processing like the ease and intuitiveness of the Mac OS. Gamers like the wide variety of software and hardware options of the PC.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:32 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,548,631 times
Its all opinion. PCs have more choices (software, hardware, ect). Macs have ease of use going for them, and the downside being cost.

Its all preference...

Old 02-13-2011, 08:36 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,755,036 times
Sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emcee squared View Post
Its all opinion.

PCs have more choices (software, hardware, ect). Not Debatable

Macs have ease of use going for them, Debatable
and the downside being cost. Not Debatable

Its all preference...

Old 02-13-2011, 08:43 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
You get what you pay for. Want to play games buy a PC. If your livelyhood depends on a true work horse that is stable and fast and earns you money especially those in the graphic and video fields--buy a Mac and if you don't you're fool trying to cut corners. I know this to be a fact because graphics has been my game for decades. Although PCs have come a long way in my field it still feels and acts like a cheap toy, a VW compared to a Caddy.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:48 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,322,951 times
I'm thinking of dabbling in web design and plan to buy Dreamweaver. Who thinks putting it on a Mac is a bad idea? Anyone?

Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,135,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
I'm thinking of dabbling in web design and plan to buy Dreamweaver. Who thinks putting it on a Mac is a bad idea? Anyone?
A good idea. Put Final Cut and DVDSP and AfterEffects with some horse power and you'll have a money maker with little down time. That's the point really, down time. When you render, the mac renders with very little crashing without buggy pc issues thrown your way at crunch time. It isn't to say a pc can't do these things its speed and deadlines that matter. I do not have the time to babysit a PC and its issues that a Mac does not encounter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers