Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 08:49 PM

1,195 posts, read 1,626,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Free health care, free prescription meds, free gym membership, free food, free clothing, free laundry service, free linen service, free college degree, free TV, free legal services, and guaranteed income.

Their food isn't great, they wear the same style daily until the system decides to shift to a different style, and they get no privacy. But they get all that other stuff in exchange for no privacy. In other words, they get more than many law-abiding citizens get. And here's the best part - it's all paid for by tax-paying citizens who, for the most part, aren't entitled to the same benefits - or have to pay extra for.
Oh lord, the whole "life is better in prison than in the real world!" argument..

Have you ever talked to anyone who spent time in prison?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 08:56 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,864,701 times
CT Death penalty

Hummmmm, I wouldn't mind a law that executes a convicted killer in the same manner that he killed his victims.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:12 PM

21,621 posts, read 31,215,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basehead617 View Post
Have you ever talked to anyone who spent time in prison?
Have you ever been to a prison? What's your knowledge of their amenities? As someone who has been through internships in two prisons in CT, I can say that while life there is not superior to outside (unless you're homeless), it's really not all that bad considering the type of human beings who live there.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:46 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,008,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
Have you ever been to a prison? What's your knowledge of their amenities? As someone who has been through internships in two prisons in CT, I can say that while life there is not superior to outside (unless you're homeless), it's really not all that bad considering the type of human beings who live there.
Having spent a lot of time there myself in level 1-4 facilities, I have to say I think you both are right.

The prerelease and level 1-2 facilities are like day camps and it's absurd the level of "nice" that's there.

Living on death row or level 5 facility, you are locked down 23 hours a day in your cell, and when you get outside you are in a totally enclosed (top too) pen about the size of your cell. It's not a very good existence.

For me, I'd rather live under a bridge then live even in the most luxurious "prison". Freedom to me is priceless and I could never be contained no matter how well I'm "fed".

Old 11-23-2010, 04:37 PM

257 posts, read 610,324 times
I say, if found guilty to a murder, the felon's fate lies in the hands of the victim's family and friends.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:45 PM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewarthaas View Post
I say, if found guilty to a murder, the felon's fate lies in the hands of the victim's family and friends.
Oh the barbarity!! You are obviously an uneducated boob who doesn't know what he's saying!

Kidding, I kind of agree with you. I say put them in the ring with Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell and see how tough they are. Then execute them.

Hows that for a violent fantasy goldenband? lol

Old 11-23-2010, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
Oh the barbarity!! You are obviously an uneducated boob who doesn't know what he's saying!

Kidding, I kind of agree with you. I say put them in the ring with Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell and see how tough they are. Then execute them.

Hows that for a violent fantasy goldenband? lol
Hmm, sketchy sarcasm but w/e.

I'm not saying that the victim's family should be allowed to do what every they want...I would have it so that if found guilty for the crime, the victim's family are allowed to choose from lets say 1 of 5 options ranging from 15 years in prison to the death penalty (im being very broad) Thats my point though....for me I would choose for them to rot in prison, all though that wastes our tax dollars. Death is far too easy to rely on just religion to do justice.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:12 AM

2,080 posts, read 3,923,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewarthaas View Post
Hmm, sketchy sarcasm but w/e.

I'm not saying that the victim's family should be allowed to do what every they want...I would have it so that if found guilty for the crime, the victim's family are allowed to choose from lets say 1 of 5 options ranging from 15 years in prison to the death penalty (im being very broad) Thats my point though....for me I would choose for them to rot in prison, all though that wastes our tax dollars. Death is far too easy to rely on just religion to do justice.

I was being a wiseguy...But seriously, which option do you think the majority of people would choose? If you lost your family in the same manner as Dr Petit, which would you choose?

Old 11-24-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetto View Post
I was being a wiseguy...But seriously, which option do you think the majority of people would choose? If you lost your family in the same manner as Dr Petit, which would you choose?
I would choose for them to rot in jail for the rest of their lives.....The death penalty is too easy.

Old 06-24-2011, 02:31 AM

1 posts, read 917 times
Default The death penalty..

The death penalty is a questionable issue in the United States, one of the few core countries that use the death penalty. Although there is the argument over whether the capital punishment should be used or not, states that use the death penalty have to pay a lot for it. I found this here: Taxpayers foot hefty bill to have the death penalty. See you around, everybody.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut